Mint and Honey

"What happened?" He murmured, lifting a hand to her cheek to take a look at her face and the cuts and bruises.

"What didn't happen?" Yasmine asked as he looked at the cuts and bruises on her face. "Drugs and multiple blows to the head."

"A concussion at least, then," he sighed, kissing her one last time before bringing her over to Fatin. It seemed the drake had shaped up a bit, still nervous but not jumpy about Alex hardly at all. He greeted Yasmine with a quiet rumble, nudging into her hands while Alex opened up a saddlebag to get some painkilling herbs for Yasmine.

"I didn't trust anyone else giving me something for it." Yasmine said softly as she greeted Fatin when he nuzzled his maw against her hands. "Not after the drugs that they gave me. I never want to be in that position again."

"These won't impair you in the right dosage," Alex assured her as he pulled out the jar and closed the bag. "I try to keep people from feeling hazy and slow as much as possible." He set the jar down and began unsaddling Fatin. Once Fatin was free of his gear, he seemed to gravitate.toward Bahir and kept out of trouble.

"I see the two of them have been good for one another." Yasmine said softly as the drakes seemed to have become fast friends in support of each other. "That's good. He seems much calmer."

Yasmine waited until Alex was done with his duties before she led him into the tavern and up to the room that she had been given. Once they were alone, she started to take off her clothing, needing him to look over the other wounds to make sure that there was no more serious damage.

To his credit, if Alex was caught off-guard by her disrobing suddenly, he immediately went into a doctor mindset and didn't think twice about it. He laid his bag aside and had Yasmine sit down while he looked her over. After careful consideration of every bruise, he focused on the cuts and the stitched gash and making sure she was recovering well from her concussion.

Seeing Salvus' good handiwork, Alex simply cleaned the area of the stitches and moved on. "I don't see anything too serious. It's more a matter of looking after these cuts and clearing out any remaining drugs in your system." He met her eyes then, cupping her cheeks gently. "... I was terrified when you just disappeared... And even more so when they told me you'd been taken."

"I wish I could have fought." Yasmine said softly as he cupped her cheeks gently. "I tried. So many people died out there."

"You did what you could with a horrible situation. I'm just grateful you're still here... I don't know what any of us would've done if we lost you." Alex stroked her cheek gently and leaned in to kiss her lips lightly before drawing her into his embrace.

"I hope jiddo is still alright. I worried about him relapsing." Yasmine said softly as she let herself be weak and sank against Alex as he held her tightly.

"He was alright when we left. Knowing you were alive was all he needed. I wouldn't have left him if I even suspected he'd fall ill again. I'd have waited for you there and let Aida come get you." He laid his head against her own, closing his eyes.

"I would have wanted to see you more than her." Yasmine joked, sighing as he rested his head against her own.

"I know, but I wouldn't have let you down by leaving your grandfather unattended if he needed me. I don't think you'd forgive me if I did." Alex smiled softly at that. "Though he did just about kick me out when I hesitated to leave him."

"Well, now you know where my stubborn streak comes from." Yasmine said. "And I would have done the same thing if the tables were turned."

"I figured that out the moment I met him." Alex kissed her forehead and sat back with her resting against his chest.

Yasmine leaned in and kissed Alex, a bit more passionately than he had done. She was incredibly happy to be there with him, getting the attention that she needed and relaxing for the first time in days.

That kiss properly caught Alex off-guard and though he took a moment to respond, his kiss in return gave her back some of that passion. He was all too happy to give her the attention she wanted, his lean but strong arms holding her tightly.

"Head injury be damned, Alex. I need you now." Yasmine whispered as the kiss broke and she leveled her dark gaze towards his own.

Alex's eyes grew wide at that, his confidence waning a bit at her dark and expectant stare. But his embrace didn't falter, and he stood, scooping her up in his arms. He was stronger than she'd ever experienced before, built by years of caring for those who might need help moving around, and by pure hard work gathering his materials, preparing them, and honing his craft.

"You might need to take the lead," he murmured in return finally, setting her down on the bed gently.

"Surely you've been with a woman before." Yasmine said softly as he suddenly seemed so nervous with the situation after lying her on the bed.

"One," he nodded, leaning down to kiss her once more. "But I've never really been the leading type." He gave her a smile at that and laid her back, his hands resting on her waist.

"Well, I'll have to show you a few things." Yasmine said softly as she kissed him and started to push his clothing off.

Alex shed his vest and shirt at her silent command, revealing a lean and toned torso. The banded and knotted tattoo on his left arm shone against his tanned skin, but so did another tattoo she'd never seen before on his chest, a bear paw over his heart.

Alex wasn't an inexperienced lover, having learned plenty from a partner of each sex, but he was definitely submissive as he let Yasmine show and tell him what she wanted while he enjoyed her skin and let her know how he adored her with sweet, burning kisses.

Yasmine soon had them both bare and she saw for the first time the scars and tattoos that liked his skin. She simply carried scars from her training and wounds from her time in the desert. He teased her with burning kisses until she was whimpering with need. She had never felt this way about a man before. She had been with a handful of partners but none made them feel the way that Alex made her feel.

Alex grew more comfortable as she welcomed him in, and he settled against her with another deep kiss. He followed her lead, drawing her up over top of him as his hands caressed her thighs gently and explored over her body.

Back