Maryland is for lovers?

It was a nice day out today. Did some work around the house and played nine holes of golf. Nothing from a distillery but I did have a beer tonight at dinner.

First time in MD. Baltimore tonight and tomorrow then heading to Bethesda. Taking suggestions on things to do.
Depends on which part of Bethesda as to fun things to do ("North" Bethesda vs. Bethesda proper is vastly different). Highly recommend the latter for dining but the real fun/nightlife is in DC or Arlington/Clarendon.

Colder week ahead ... we need ways to keep warm.
If there were any women in the Maryland threads then maybe we could find some ways to keep warm. :) I guess as an alternative there are always jumping jacks. Does anybody remember exercising to the song "Chicken Fat" in elemenary school?

If there were any women in the Maryland threads then maybe we could find some ways to keep warm. :) I guess as an alternative there are always jumping jacks. Does anybody remember exercising to the song "Chicken Fat" in elemenary school?
Go You Chicken Fat Go ... by Robert Preston (He was also in a couple of my favorites movies - Victor Victoria & SOB.) I love that song. We used to have the 45. Clearly, I am showing my age here.
Monday night, I was not overly invested in the Monday Night Football game, so I turned it off at halftime so that I could score. It figures that I left a good game early with so many bad primetime games this year. Oh well ... I scored.

Go You Chicken Fat Go ... by Robert Preston (He was also in a couple of my favorites movies - Victor Victoria & SOB.) I love that song. We used to have the 45. Clearly, I am showing my age here.
Monday night, I was not overly invested in the Monday Night Football game, so I turned it off at halftime so that I could score. It figures that I left a good game early with so many bad primetime games this year. Oh well ... I scored.
Can you imagine the conniptions that would happen today if you played Chicken Fat in school. lol. I will always remember that song and yes, it does show our age. When I was little I remember on Channel 5 there use to be a movie time that played a tick tock kind of song as the introduction so I searched and found the song. It was called The Syncopated Clock. I believe other stations around the country used it too. I remeber Robert Preston in The Music Man.

Scoring in the bed always beats scoring on TV. I am holding my hands up for you. "Touchdown"

This thread has been quiet for a while so thought I would spread some Christmas cheer and wish everyone happy holidays and hope that something interesting happened under the mistletoe this year.
Thanks! Same to you! Nothing exciting here. Just made a pot of chili and some corn muffins. No mistletoe magic. I'm used to that at this point. ;)

Temp was not too bad today. I was looking at pics of the snow in Buffalo. Isn't this their second big snow storm of the year? I don't know why anybody would want to live there, at least during the winter.

Back