Lush Stories is a joke of a website

14 is the lowest age limit on SOL
I checked again. They have specific tag definitions, including:
boy - Boy 12 years old or younger
[girl - Girl 12 years old or younger
Pedophilia - An adult initiating sexual contact with a pre-pubescent child (boy or girl, 13 or under)

and also:
Rape - Stories with violent rape

I think I'll stay away, but thanks for following up. And I think I need a shower before even thinking about writing smut again.
they don't actually allow actual Pedo stories.
What, do they use those tags to summarily reject stories? I'm not even going to click those tags to see....

They allowed younger in the past, but in recent years, they have raised the ages. In fact, at one point, they didn't censor any kind of story. The stories posted during that time, are still available.
Pedophilia - An adult initiating sexual contact with a pre-pubescent child (boy or girl, 13 or under)

and also:

I think I'll stay away, but thanks for following up. And I think I need a shower before even thinking about writing smut again.

What, do they use those tags to summarily reject stories? I'm not even going to click those tags to see....

They allowed younger in the past, but in recent years, they have raised the ages. In fact, at one point, they didn't censor any kind of story. The stories posted during that time, are still available.
Hmmm... It's good to hear. I'll look to see if they put that in writing somwhere. And I do seem to remember they had a blocking mechanism for tags. I don't know, but at least with that, it makes the decision of getting involved there less clear.

No, there is/was another site that had true pedophilia in it and, yes it was quite shocking, but it wasn't SOL. A list somewhere? Who knows, but there is a certain amount of paranoia that goes through erotic sites.

The third-rail trope; I love that one. Especially since I'm only about 200 yards away from a real one on Metro-North. But don't touch those things!

New York third rails

ASSTR is notorious for housing all kinds of horrible filth. That said, AO3 also has underage stories and tags for it as well.

There is nothing illegal in the United States about writing underage. Mainstream writers (Steven King, Robie Harris, & Judy Blume. Blume wrote about kids having sex for kids) do it, the birds and bees do it, and even the flowers and the trees do it. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

and also:

I'm not going to defend them, but I think they dropped (or rather "discounted") those tags and went up to age fourteen. It doesn't seem like a theme there any longer, but I haven't done a study to prove it one way or the other.

The rape tag should definitely go. My impression is that the whole site and it software is stuck in the past and they refuse to update it. They also don't want to take to the time to go through heir stories and remove the ones they claim are now "wrong." I detect a real inertia there, a one-person running everything issue (sounds familiar?). At least Lush seems to have some people there who care about the site. I wonder if in 2035 Lush will be the only survivor of the three.

There is nothing illegal in the United States about writing underage. Mainstream writers (Steven King, Robie Harris, & Judy Blume. Blume wrote about kids having sex for kids) do it, the birds and bees do it, and even the flowers and the trees do it. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
I know, and it shouldn't be illegal. But legality is irrelevant to me, either way; there's some things I don't want to be mixed in with, or adjacent to, especially as a contributor.

I haven't read Blume, but I know King's stuff wasn't erotic, it wasn't something read, or meant to be read, to get off to.

Blume writes to demystify it for the kids, so it isn't clinical like at school. But even if we get permission from her to post something of hers here, if she's demystifying, we can't put it here.
I know, and it shouldn't be illegal. But legality is irrelevant to me, either way; there's some things I don't want to be mixed in with, or adjacent to, especially as a contributor.

I haven't read Blume, but I know King's stuff wasn't erotic, it wasn't something read, or meant to be read, to get off to.

Yeah, back when usenet pretty much was the internet. Is that where ASSTR got it's name?
Yes. Usenet posts were somewhat ephemeral - they might stick around for decades or get deleted in weeks if the local admin needed to free up disk space. IIRC, ASSTR was set up as a place for people to make a more permanent archive of their Usenet favourites, though I think people went on to add non-Usenet stories too.

I'm glad you are friends, and that it wasn't meant derogatorily. It's just that there are so many ill meant comments about Jewish people on lit that I feel compelled to answer. By the way, I am Jewish too, so tell your friend that she has a compatriot. But I don't live in the US as I presume you guys do. Also, if you are born a Jew you die a Jew no matter what!
Hey, mazel tov! Ikh hofn mir vern shnel freynt. I'd say it in Hebrew, but wait for it; I don't know Hebrew! An enormous part of my life has been my Jewishness. Now, I'm learning to tread between my Christianity and Semitic heritage. Anywho, @silk52, glad to meet ya.

Can you shoot me that link as well?

EDIT: NVM, I shoulda read the rest of the thread first. I've seen storiesonline, and it looks like it might be OK, but I think I want to avoid a site that has explicit categories for pedo stuff. I know I can just avoid it, but aside from not wanting anything to do with it myself. it is such a third-rail, in the US at least, that I'm sure everyone with an account there is on a list somewhere.
I only post at SOL to send readers to my stories at Bookapy. I do enjoy some of the private messages I've received. My scores ain't bad and aren't all that good. But I've only got four up there so far.

Hey, mazel tov! Ikh hofn mir vern shnel freynt. I'd say it in Hebrew, but wait for it; I don't know Hebrew! An enormous part of my life has been my Jewishness. Now, I'm learning to tread between my Christianity and Semitic heritage. Anywho, @silk52, glad to meet ya.
Hi nice to meet you, actually Hebrew can be a lot like Yiddish, plus as you probably know Yiddish is written in Hebrew letters. My life has been entirely Jewish especially since I live in Israel now, but I'm originally from the UK. Been in Israel since '73. Interesting you are looking at things from a different view point now, do you have any Christian heritage? Where can I read your stories. Mine are posted on here if you care to read them. Glad to meet you too!

I remember talking about Lush Stories years ago on my rather short-lived blog. I had a seven-day editing experience in which it eventually became plain that nobody involved was actually reading the story. The crowning stupidity came when they spotted sections of scripted dialogue in the prose and said "we don't publish plays," meaning they were both unaware of the breadth of styles that prose fiction can include and of what the text actually said; and that's just outright cultural illiteracy in the first case and bad editing practice in the second. Not good in moderators of a fiction site. I can see that things haven't improved much, if at all.

Last edited:
No, there is/was another site that had true pedophilia in it and, yes it was quite shocking, but it wasn't SOL. A list somewhere? Who knows, but there is a certain amount of paranoia that goes through erotic sites.

The third-rail trope; I love that one. Especially since I'm only about 200 yards away from a real one on Metro-North. But don't touch those things!

New York third rails
I found one of my stories plagurized on a site like that, but I long forgot what it was.

I remember talking about Lush Stories years ago on my rather short-lived blog. I had a seven-day editing experience in which it eventually became plain that nobody involved was actually reading the story. The crowning stupidity came when they spotted sections of scripted dialogue in the prose and said "we don't publish plays," meaning they were both unaware of the breadth of styles that prose fiction can include and of what the text actually said; and that's just outright cultural illiteracy in the first case and bad editing practice in the second. Not good in moderators of a fiction site. I can see that things haven't improved much, if at all.
I haven't yet put anything there against the rules... or what they think are such, but I do know from talking with a mod that the site requires Chicago Style writing. I think one of the last threads I made on my other account was about Lush. I was wanting to publish something old of mine on there, and it was sent back under the premise that'd I'd basically need to rewrite the whole story. I ain't doing that, we trying to move foward over here. Got too much shit to write, to be editing some old shit, especially old shit that's free.

I haven't yet put anything there against the rules... or what they think are such, but I do know from talking with a mod that the site requires Chicago Style writing.
The issue in question is way more basic than what style manual you're using... but I don't think they knew that.

Hi nice to meet you, actually Hebrew can be a lot like Yiddish, plus as you probably know Yiddish is written in Hebrew letters. My life has been entirely Jewish especially since I live in Israel now, but I'm originally from the UK. Been in Israel since '73. Interesting you are looking at things from a different view point now, do you have any Christian heritage? Where can I read your stories. Mine are posted on here if you care to read them. Glad to meet you too!
We call ourselves Messianic Jews, not Christians. We still practice most of the holidays and feist but also add in Christian ones. We celebrate easter in conjunction with Passover. It isn't all that different; it just needs some adjustments. I have stories here, like you do. I have them elsewhere, (flashback to St. Elsewhere)... My works here are at WollstonecraftWoman. Mostly IR cuckolding, only because I get a kick out of making my first hubby the cuck in them. I've never cheated on either husband.

I'm looking forward to reading some of yours.

Last edited:
Back