Literotica supports ruby text!

joy_of_cooking

Literotica Guru
Screenshot from 2024-02-02 11-57-26.png
And here's the story text to produce it:

Here's a bunch of surrounding text so I can see how ruby text affects the line spacing. I hope it doesn't distort the line spacing although I don't see how it could avoid doing that without allocating unnecessary whitespace all the time. <ruby> 漢 <rp>(</rp><rt>kan</rt><rp>)</rp> 字 <rp>(</rp><rt>ji</rt><rp>)</rp> </ruby>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_character

I probably won't use this for the intended purpose (providing phonetic or semantic annotations of logographic scripts) but I'm excited to see what more typographically creative minds can do with it.

Maybe some kind of text/subtext thing? Someone speaking politely while signing obscenities at the same time? Note that you don't have to use Chinese characters for the main text. You can have English over English:

Screenshot from 2024-02-03 15-27-05.png

View attachment 2313267
And here's the story text to produce it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_character

I probably won't use this for the intended purpose (providing phonetic or semantic annotations of logographic scripts) but I'm excited to see what more typographically creative minds can do with it.

Maybe some kind of text/subtext thing? Someone speaking politely while signing obscenities at the same time? Note that you don't have to use Chinese characters for the main text. You can have English over English:

View attachment 2313269
Could be cool for a telepathy thing, too, where one character is 'reading' thoughts beneath words that don't match each other.

1707012552804.png
Kinda messes up lao 😅 Spaces are used as full-stops/periods, not to separate words. But a neat find nonetheless!

Also, found this from Laurel. I'd say use ruby text at your own peril?
For reference:
We allow bolds, italics, underlines, blockquotes, and centered text. We do not do indentation, tabs, justified text, font face/color/size changes, formatted indices, boxes, columns, tables, or background color changes.
People read Lit on a variety of devices, as well as through our Android App. We need text to be as easy to read on as many platforms for as many people as possible.

Last edited:
Back