I expect this thread to die quickly. Who is into quantum physics

I didn't read the thread, as I assumed it to be full of the ignorant bitching about and denying the knowledge of the informed.

But, here... https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20927963-000-quantum-states-last-longer-in-birds-eyes/

There are other, more detailed pieces to be found, but this is the first one I ever read. Robins navigating by using quantum entanglement within their eyeballs.

If you don't see beauty in that, if the genius and magic of it does not give you joy, you either have no soul or no brain.

I didn't read the thread, as I assumed it to be full of the ignorant bitching about and denying the knowledge of the informed.

But, here... https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20927963-000-quantum-states-last-longer-in-birds-eyes/

There are other, more detailed pieces to be found, but this is the first one I ever read. Robins navigating by using quantum entanglement within their eyeballs.

If you don't see beauty in that, if the genius and magic of it does not give you joy, you either have no soul or no brain.

Cool story, bro.

String theory is where its at...
I do not enjoy spending all my time on 5000+ piece jigsaws, whilst all the the time knowing there are at least several important pieces missing from each puzzle. People have dedicated their entire lives to finding the missing pieces. 42

String theory?
What about two turn tables and a microphone?
Correct.

Anyways, back to my questions.
I wondered how much cash the CERN cost to build, and how much it costs to operate?

I also asked, how much energy is used to operate the CERN, but really that's the same question as how much does it cost. Because how do you quantify energy expenditure? Answer: with $$$.

I guess you could quantify it in Global Warming, or how many people could have been lifted out of the lowest caste system in India.

I wondered how much cash the CERN cost to build, and how much it costs to operate?

I also asked, how much energy is used to operate the CERN, but really that's the same question as how much does it cost. Because how do you quantify energy expenditure? Answer: with $$$.

I guess you could quantify it in Global Warming, or how many people could have been lifted out of the lowest caste system in India.

Is your google broke? It's not like this stuff is a secret.

The total cost of finding the Higgs boson according to Google is 13.25b. That's construction and operating budgets for the years it took to find it.

Back