Hello from Hell's Gates

I don't think we've met. So sorry to hear about your son. As a parent, I can't even imagine. I always find some peace in art and writing (though usually poetry) to help me cope.

As far as the marketing, I have just started working towards my bachelor's in graphic art, so I'm afraid I can't be much help. But if there is anything you need design-wise (art, graphics, logo, brochures, etc.), I welcome the practice especially for a worthy cause. You can PM me anytime.

Thank you sweetheart! That was so nice.

I have my own flyers designed (I'm a commercial artist). It's more how to get the word out that I'm chasing.

Paper ads and flyers cost money. I organise Town Garage Sales, where we have maps to all the sales. Last year we had over 100 homes holding sales.

We had radio advertising, flyers circulated, paper ads, and had thousands of people turn up. It's for the radio station's charity who raise money for the local hospital's children's ward. I used to work for the radio, so know the money all goes to the kids.

Thank you again for your offer, you are really sweet.
I do this annually, just trying to make it bigger and better. Hence the request for ideas on marketing.'
 
AS one who has also buried a child, I appreciate your loss.
Live long & Prosper, Doormouse.
:rose:
 
Hi, new guy here.

What about going on a local morning show to get the word out? A free article in the local online newspaper? Local school system's online newsletter?

A flyer/poster on supportive business's doors.

A facebook page? Twitter? (less traffic)

This go round collect email addresses so you can alert them next time...and ask them to pass it on.

Welcome back!
 
I want your AV lol

Thanks everyone. I didn't really want my big comeback centered around my son, but yay I recognise a lot of these people!!

Is Rumple still in the woods?

Tx talked to the Rt. Rev. Rumple a couple of weeks ago and his recovery is slow byt steady. :rolleyes:
He said he will return! :D
 
Tx talked to the Rt. Rev. Rumple a couple of weeks ago and his recovery is slow byt steady. :rolleyes:
He said he will return! :D

Thanks for that. I absolutely adore that guy he had all the time in the world for me when I was down/up/needed a shoulder.

Give him my love if you speak to him.
 
Hi, new guy here.

What about going on a local morning show to get the word out? A free article in the local online newspaper? Local school system's online newsletter?

A flyer/poster on supportive business's doors.

A facebook page? Twitter? (less traffic)

This go round collect email addresses so you can alert them next time...and ask them to pass it on.

Welcome back!

This is my last reply today OMG I'm flooding this thread.
Did the school thing last year and hope they jump on board again this year.

It's radio based, so I get free radio sponsorship anyway. Thanks for your advice, and welcome to AH :kiss:
 
I know you said that was your last response, but just wanted to say, I remember you from way back when. I haven't been active on this board in awhile but just drop in from time to time nowadays.

Welcome back.

Peace to you and your loved ones. :rose:
 
I know you said that was your last response, but just wanted to say, I remember you from way back when. I haven't been active on this board in awhile but just drop in from time to time nowadays.

Welcome back.

Peace to you and your loved ones. :rose:

what's one more post eh? lol

Thanks hon, and i remember you as being a really genuine person who I had all the time in the world for.
Thank you.
 
Hi all.
Yes, I'm back. Trying to get over the death of my son, and hoping to get back into writing.
Having had a step back, I can see how crap my writing was so now I have more time to concentrate and fewer distractions, I hope (& pray lol) that I can only improve.
Matriarch, please email me. I haven't forgotten you.
I'm remarried, and do a lot charity work for children's foundations, so any tips in marketing from anyone would be greatly appreciated!!
It's good to be back, yet understandably hard.

Doormouse.

Welcome back!

:rose::rose::rose:
 
Welcome back, Kim. I just had a feeling I should come over here -- haven't been here in a long time, tho not for the same reasons -- and I remembered you. It's good to be able to witness your return. I have read all your old stories, and am a big fan. "M.I.K.E." was awesome!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, hon. :rose: Best of luck in your endeavors.

~Tori
 
Back
Top