Heal a Sprained Ankle? Mixed with flight swelling

celined

Experienced
I recently took two 18+ hr flights to and from the USA to China in under 5 days. I sprained my ankle on the way. Mixed with the altitude, salty foods (airborn& stateside) my legs and ankles swelled to the moon when I landed. The swelling is decreasing but I’d like to ask here as I (a masters student) can’t afford a doctors visit at the moment in China. Positives ive been doing since I landed in the states a week ago:
sleeping with my ankles and legs elevated and when I think about it I’ve been doing legs up the wall or in the air to help with circulation
Wrapping my ankles with a wrap and or ankle brace when I was able to buy one. Also I was super dehydrated I usually drink close to one gallon of water a day on this trip I was lucky if I got half especially ok the planes.

Cons that may be hurting me im an active person though and wasn’t able to when i was away/ gained so much weight and in general have been retaining water from salt because I live a very low sodium life, so airplane and American food had a huge effect on my body:
- Continued weight lifting
- Started to exercise in general when I returned the day after too level out jet lag
- I always use ankle wraps or braces on my ankles when I do so to controlling swelling.
- increased water intake to above half a gallon I kinda forget so I’m getting g back into the routine.

I’m unsure if this is the right way to be going about this

I’ve been back for three days, is there anything else I should be doing. And after what amount of time should I seek medical help?

Wholistic doctors and foot doctors or vein doctors happily accepting your advice!

Xoxo
Celine

This isn’t the place to seek medical advice. Please consult a doctor or nurse practitioner.

Back