Gun Question

You guys are insane! God, we don't salivate like this when we talk about sex!

Here's the sentence I'm working on. This is all I need:

"Matt looked in her bag and pulled out a XX[caliber]--a lady's gun--not the .38 that had killed Niles."

I ended up going to some GunDirectory site and wasting half an hour staring and pistols and revolvers. I can see what you get so excited about though. These things are pretty cool. I like the Rossi 970/971 .38, but not for Cassy Alexander's handbag.
 
You guys are insane! God, we don't salivate like this when we talk about sex!

Here's the sentence I'm working on. This is all I need:

"Matt looked in her bag and pulled out a XX[caliber]--a lady's gun--not the .38 that had killed Niles."

I ended up going to some GunDirectory site and wasting half an hour staring and pistols and revolvers. I can see what you get so excited about though. These things are pretty cool. I like the Rossi 970/971 .38, but not for Cassy Alexander's handbag.


Go for a .25 cal Doc, you can't lose.

You think that's cool, wait until you fire a pistol or a rifle! It's a rush like none other!:D
 
Now why would someone do that to a perfectly good T-34? :mad:

Okay, it's all your fault. I knew that the pink tank was not a T-34 because of the suspension system, but WTF was it? Right country, wrong tank. It is a Soviet IS-2. Never heard of it before. WWII tank.
 
Genuine perhaps, but not pretty. :( Popping the cad is all well and good, but it's also important to look your best when you do. ;)

The one I have isn't much prettier. Of course I only paid $30 for it. Never have shot it. Need to one of these days. If you want pretty, I have seen plated versions though. Shiny.
 
Okay, it's all your fault. I knew that the pink tank was not a T-34 because of the suspension system, but WTF was it? Right country, wrong tank. It is a Soviet IS-2. Never heard of it before. WWII tank.
It had the problem all the huge tanks of that era had. Yes, it had a big gun and really thick armor.

But the top speed wasn't much faster than a man running, its combat range was an afternoon's walk and its turret rotation speed rather slow. You also had to load the ammo in two parts, shell first then propellant.

I'll take a PzKw V Ausf G any day of the week.

http://www.peachmountain.com/5star/images/AberdeenProvingGrounds/20060509_2154_NSengupta_AberdeenProvingGroundss.jpg
 
Okay, it's all your fault. I knew that the pink tank was not a T-34 because of the suspension system, but WTF was it? Right country, wrong tank. It is a Soviet IS-2. Never heard of it before. WWII tank.

Oh yeah, now that I study it a tad more closely it is a JS-2 (Josef Stalin). The JS-1 was designed to replace the KV-1 in 1941, the JS-2 being an upgunned model appearing in 1944.

I needed to check my guide to tanks instead of making a spot ID. My bad. :eek:
 
It had the problem all the huge tanks of that era had. Yes, it had a big gun and really thick armor.

But the top speed wasn't much faster than a man running, its combat range was an afternoon's walk and its turret rotation speed rather slow. You also had to load the ammo in two parts, shell first then propellant.

I'll take a PzKw V Ausf G any day of the week.

http://www.peachmountain.com/5star/images/AberdeenProvingGrounds/20060509_2154_NSengupta_AberdeenProvingGroundss.jpg

Agreed. The Panther was faster and more manuverable than the infamous Tiger (PzKw VI Ausf B/E). It was less prone to breakdowns, but difficult to maintain in the field like the Tiger.
 
Last edited:
You guys are insane! God, we don't salivate like this when we talk about sex!

Here's the sentence I'm working on. This is all I need:

"Matt looked in her bag and pulled out a XX[caliber]--a lady's gun--not the .38 that had killed Niles."

I ended up going to some GunDirectory site and wasting half an hour staring and pistols and revolvers. I can see what you get so excited about though. These things are pretty cool. I like the Rossi 970/971 .38, but not for Cassy Alexander's handbag.

Doc I think your looking for a derringer. A small Light easy to hid gun. something like a .25ACP

http://www.answers.com/topic/derringer

Check out the Browning Baby near the end of the page. I think this might be what your Looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.25_ACP
 
Rare matal poison ??

Doc, You're a chemist . Stick to poison, so much creepier.
 
Doc I think your looking for a derringer. A small Light easy to hid gun. something like a .25ACP

Derringers -- up through the mid 1940's were generally larger calibers than .38, but still classed as "ladies guns" because they were also low powered large caliber rounds -- a typical turn of the century Derringer firing the .41 rimfire cartridge was "slow enough to be seen, but letahl a short distances..."

Derringers in the Time period Doc is looking at would generally be .44 caliber, but that would work as well for eliminating the gun in her purse from consideration as the murder weapon because it would be obviously larger than "the .38 that killed whatshisname."
 
Browning .380 would be just the ticket. It isn't in any way a stopping round. If the guy is riled up, it will just make him madder . . . unless Cassi is a damned fine shot. If this chick was trained by throwing up progressively smaller pieces of cardboard, wood and finally metal coins to shoot instinctively, then that .380 through the right eyeball kills just as quick as a shot from a 88mm. Anyone who can hit a pingpong ball with a .22 can use it very effectively as a defense weapon.




No, I can't.




That's why the bear prefers a government .45!
 
Can't help it. It shouldn't be, but for some reason, gun-talk is just... hot.

:eek:

Ever notice how phallic all bullets, rockets, artillery... look? Hmmmm...

Looks like boys play with their toys. :devil:

(not that i mind. it was just an observation)
:cattail:
 
Rocket Man

Ever notice how phallic all bullets, rockets, artillery... look? Hmmmm...

Looks like boys play with their toys. :devil:

(not that i mind. it was just an observation)
:cattail:

Oh absolutely... that whole "stick it in the chamber" (the bigger the better) and firing it off!! Very phallic! Hell.... even better, you get to eliminate the competition all at the same time!

And with guns you can re-load and keep going all day long as long as you do not run out of viagra.. urrrrh... ammunition!

;)

-KC
 
Oh absolutely... that whole "stick it in the chamber" (the bigger the better) and firing it off!! Very phallic! Hell.... even better, you get to eliminate the competition all at the same time!

And with guns you can re-load and keep going all day long as long as you do not run out of viagra.. urrrrh... ammunition!

;)

-KC


:D :rolleyes:

Boys are silly! :devil:

:cattail:
 
Browning .380 would be just the ticket...

All good points about the Browning .380 -- except for one minor detail: Doc needs something visible different from a .38 bullet and .355 vs .357 inches isn't visibly obvious without precise measurement devices.

.32 and .25 are small enough to qualify and .44 or .45 (in a Derringer) would also qualify.
 
.380s are little (short). .38s are long. Or maybe they're just happy to see you.
.357 magnums are even longer, (and .357 Maximum even longer) but as far as Doc's problem is concerned, Girth is what matters -- and in that catergory, .380, .38 and .357's are all the same.
 
Back
Top