Freudian slip?

@sirhugs, please move this to the AH. I'm hopeless today.
I think this could actually be a story starter... someone unintentionally revealing some inner unspoken thought... or unintentionally provoking someone else to have inappropriate thoughts.

I'm always a fan of slippery slopes where an "innocent" person with no intention of being naughty... takes a tiny mostly-innocent step in that direction...
 
In the COVID times, there is this short-lived brouhaha about a (I think) NYT reporter who's been caught during a Zoom meeting doing some serious work below his waist.

The meeting's topic was 2020 election simulation.
Jeffrey Toobin from, I think cnn, had a similar incident. He got fired over it, at least for a while. Apparently all was forgiven, because I saw him back on cnn recently.
 
Jeffrey Toobin from, I think cnn, had a similar incident. He got fired over it, at least for a while. Apparently all was forgiven, because I saw him back on cnn recently.
Oh yeah, that's the guy I was thinking of. He was definitely toobin' it, or so I heard.
 
The thread headline alone sets off my wordsmithing reflex.

"Freudian slip? Didn't know Freud was a crossdresser. Explains a lot."
 
A celebrated incident in the UK occurred when the anchor of the BBC's flagship morning news programme welcomed the then Culture Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, with a Spoonerism.
 
So I used to be a freight clerk (hated that job) and there was this one trucking company ...

Anyways, needs a little background to understand. In Canada one of our massive global companies, you may have even heard of it, Canadian National their logo is a big red linked CN. It's one of our national railroads and they have sea cans all over the world too. So they also started a trucking company. Now, in the industry we have a term called TL, which if you know anything about freight it simply means trailer load. If you want to ship 8 pallets you ship an LTL (less-than-trailer-load) or if you have say 26 pallets you can ship an entire TL. That's what that stuff means. So in their infinite wisdom, the big cheeses at CN decided to name their truckling fleet ...

CNTL

: /

Hundreds of big glossy black trucks with big red letters CNTL. You'd think that there would be ONE woman on the board who could tell these old farts, "Hey guys, before we paint up all of these trucks, this is just a little too close ..."

images ...

https://media.trucknews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Navdeep-Singh-1024x768.jpg

https://www.freightwaves.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/CNTL.jpg?resize=970,546
 
Back
Top