Decadents and Dropouts IC

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor smiled at Phyliss and nodded to her, "I`ll do my best to come back alive." Then he ran off the deck, unfurled his wings, and fly towards the shore.

Phyliss Ovida

Now she was worried. They could be anywhere and Relic could use Tronfurs goodhearted nature to doublecross and kill him. She took another sip of wine and put the goblet on the railing. Then she grabbed the crossbow and jumped over the railing. "You take care of the ship!" she called back to Gryph, and went into the woods, trying not to loose Tronfur, while she also watched the surroundings. "I can see in the dark, I have two magic shields, I can petrifie and poison, and I have a crossbow and fantastic selfhealing abilities. What could ever happen?" Then she renembered another thing, that Tronfur told her in the tavern. He put a spell on her, that would transfer all attacks upon her to himself. If this was true and he got nothing wrong, this was like taking himself hostage for her safety. Thinking of this, she took even more care not to be surprised by the traitors.

Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor landed on the shore and headed towards Relic and Haerdon.

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss had difficulties to follow Tronfur, despite her agility and good sight. But he was flying, and she had to cross the trees and bushes that grew in large numbers at the shore. But she did not loose the track, she just needed longer then him.

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor finally approached Relic and Haerdon. He looked at them with his arms crossed, "What are you two doing here?"

-Narrator-

With Skandolf having no knowledge of the ingredients in Z's bottles, bags and boxes, and the coded language all of Z's notes are written in, the old sailor had no way of knowing what he was doing or putting in to the unconscious and paralyzed doppelganger.

Every alchemical item Z had was either a raw ingredient or broken down only to a base component. Nothing he had would do any good on its own, and mixing ingredients at random was more likely to create another poison other than any curative item. Feeding anyone the raw ingredients would have no effect, other than a possible allergic reaction in a few cases. Without the proper and precise use of the alchemical equipment, the ingredients would be nothing more than the plants, fungi, minerals, and animal components they were when Z harvested them.

There were 12 bottles holding liquid and gelatinous components, 8 beakers with brightly colored and finely ground powders, 5 small pouches with dark, aromatic and coarse powders, 12 small pouches of chopped, diced or finely shaved components, and 26 random raw ingredients in their own divided sections of a small box. There were grasses, petals, roots, claws, teeth, fur, scales, chunks of bark, and other unidentifiable items.

In another secure case within the secure bag, Z's equipment for his alchemy was still in tact. Most of it was glass, but seemed stronger and much clearer than any glass made by standard processes. The beakers and vials were completely translucent and clear, not having any of the murky and green look that you find in most common windows. They were clearly not milk glass either, as that higher quality glass was still opaque and had a variety of pigments that could be added. Whatever Z's gear was made out of, it was likely that the process for the material was not cheap or well known.

Ignoring the materials that went in to the items, the equipment was well known alchemical gear. There were 3 glass retorts, a small alembic still with two different shaped cucurbits, a crucible, as well as a ceramic mortar bowl with two different pestles, a matching ceramic one and a glass one. Every piece of gear seemed to have been meticulously cared for, cleaned and maintained.

Although the black poison had stopped spreading through Z's veins shortly after Skandolf used one of the ingredients. However that was Z's natural resistance finally stopping the spread of the poison. He was still pale and a spiderweb of black veins still stood in stark contrast on his skin. It wasn't receding at a noticeable rate, and it could take an hour or more before Skandolf would notice that Z was not recovering.

The Narrator - Skandölf

Tronfur, the flying creature, had left to hunt another villian. They did not seem to be short of them. The Lady rushed behind him - Skandölf wondered if the girl would manage alone, but he learned early never to give advices to the captain, and she was probably capable to take care of herself to some degree. He ate some more and took another drink, so did Colin. He looked over to the poisoned lad. He did not move, but there was nothing he could do about that. He gave him some of the medicine that looked, tasted and smelled like the antidot they used to treat the poisoning with similar effects many years ago. It would help or not, time would tell. The outer wounds were healed, who could ask for more?

-Zheal-

Another day, another batch of turnips to sell. The gophers had tried their hardest, but they couldn't stop Zheal from getting this bundle of turnips to market. The baskets were full and all he had to do was put them on the cart. He hadn't made it 10 steps towards the barn when he heard a rumbling.

Leaping over the fence and down off the ridge, a man in brilliant white armor with a massive white horse charged through Zheal's turnip patch. The poor gnome could only watch in horror as another turnip crop was crushed beneath the hooves of this horse. The white knight drew his glimmering blade and pointed it at the dumbstruck gnome.

"Hold fast, Darque'tan!" The knight's deep voice boomed. "I have ridden the length and breadth of the lands to find and end your evil once and for all. Prepare yourself for-"

"Oh come on!" Zheal just stared at his crushed turnips and shouted. "I could have gotten 2 silver for those turnips! Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to keep the gophers away from this crop?"

The knight stammered slightly before regaining his booming voice. "I..don't..well..you shall not fool me Darque'tan! The oracle told me I would find you here and now I shall-"

Zheal ripped out some of his hair in frustration. "No! Of course you don't know how hard it is to fight gophers. You've got your shiny sword and fancy horse and you kill all the evil monsters in the world! But where are you heroes when good honest people have to fight the scourge of gophers! You're too busy destroying my farm, that's where you are!"

The knight seemed unsure of what to do with his sword. He wavered between trying to put it away and pointing it at Zheal. "What? Um...I have been sent on a quest by the king to rid the lands of the evil Darque'tan. The Earth Wierd Oracle has told me that Darque'tan is-"

Zheal started to pound his forehead on a nearby fence post. "I hate those freaking oracles. They must hate turnips or something. There's no other explanation. Every oracle in the world hates turnips."

The knight finally lowered his sword arm and his shoulders slumped. "You are...not Darque'tan the evil wizard?"

Zheal looked over at the knight and looked around his trampled turnip patch. "Do I look like an evil wizard? I'm Zheal Darque'tan the turnip farmer! I don't know what this Darque'tan guy does to piss so many people off, but I can't go a freaking month without someone coming to me looking to exact vengeance or justice or something on this guy. GAH! Why why why can people not be more specific when they talk to these oracles or use scrying spells."

The knight looked around the dank and dingy farm. "So...do you know where I can find this wiz-"

"NO! I'm a turnip farmer. Or at least I'm supposed to be, but it is hard to farm turnips when big jerks like you stomp all over my land." Zheal stared at the knight silently for a few moments. "You going to help clean up?"

The knight turned his horse around. "I would but...um..well...my quest must continue! Away!" He charged back off and quickly disappeared from sight.

Zheal sighed, rubbed his temples and began searching for any turnip chunks large enough to use. He might not make money, but he could at least make soup. It hadn't been ten minutes since the white knight had left before Zheal's peace and quiet was disturbed.

A large and savage warrior wearing bear skins and wielding a massive axe charged out of the brush and shouted at Zheal. "I challenge you, Tornac, master of skulls to mortal combat!"

Zheal Tornac Darque'tan banged his forehead on the fence post, fell to his knees looked up at the cloudy sky and shouted. "WHY?"

Phyliss Ovida

Far, very far away from the cute, poor little gnome, Phyliss walked through the woods, getting closer to the place where Tronfur had landed. Suddenly, a huge shape appeared in the dark - a brown bear. That was no need to be worried. Phyliss knew a spell to befriend animals, so she would not even have to make a stone bear, if he got to close. But maybe there was no need for magic at all. Phyliss stood straight and hissed, at the bear got closer. The huge animal was somehow startled by that and walked away, in the same directon she wanted to go. Now, a bear should be no problem for Tronfur. He had magic toprotect him, and he could simply lift off the ground. Phyliss waited some moments, until the bear was gone. Then she walked on. Did she have the right direction? Tronfur did fly that way? Sure he did. She started walking again.

The Narrator - Ursus

Ursus, the bear, did not like to get disturbed. So he had a bad temper as somebody approached. As he got close, he had an uneasy feeling. The intruder, a female, was'nt really human, and not really a snake, but both. It hissed, and that gave him the creeps. He turned around, to find a quieter place to sleep. But just as he thought everything was fine, he run into a bunch of other intruders. Two horses with riders, but what was worse was this winged creature on the ground. Very eerie. He growled to the strangers and stood up, to show his impressive size. One horse, with the smaller, female rider, dodged swiftly to the side, but the other one got in his way. He smelled a bear - no, a bear skin!!! Murderer! He jumped at the horse in fury, but it run away. He chased it for a while through the woods, but it was to fast. He gave up. The horse kept walking, with the tied up barbarian upon him.

Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida
Phyliss followed the way that the bear went, and found that it went through a rivulet. She did not want to make her dress wet, so she walked along until she found some stones to step on safely. Now she only had to find the way to get to Trunfor and the traitors. But where was it? She had lost her way, she had to admit.

Relic

It took Relic a good while of waiting on the river bank before the cog came into view. She had no idea of the problems they had, specifically Z and his poisoning. Although if she had she might of given him a thorough examination and tested him for possible treatments. Poisons were as varied as the weather, some antidotes worked on many, others were very specific. It usually depending on the price, and the potency.

Giving Gryph a slow wave as he first saw her, she gathered up her horses reins and moved back into the forest. Moving down the river to the next little clearing, hoping they might slow down, or dock somewhere along the edge after seeing her.

Her first visitor was Trunfor, who she smiled at softly. "I brought you all a present. He's not much use to me anymore, and he wouldn't change his mind about Phy..." Suddenly there was a crashing of branches and the crumbling of leaves, and a large bear charged out. Attracted by the sounds of the horses and of their voices.

With a quick leap, Relic side stepped enough to clear its path, shouldering Trunfor in the process. But she cursed as the horse with the barbarian bolted off. He was tied on well, but not even he deserved to feel the effects of getting ripped to shreds by a bear whilst awake and unable to defend himself.

Tossing the reins of her horse to Trunfor she drew her daggers and disappeared into the shadows of the forest. Keeping down wind of the bear as she quickly dodged trees and jumped over low brush. Soon she overtook the Bear as it lost interest, making sure to not attract its attention. And as she came upon a clearing she finally caught up to the stray horse. Checking the area she collected the reins, breathing heavily. The horse snorted several times, and she patted its neck.

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss wasn't really afraid, but very embarrassed. What would she say, if the others had to search for her? She finally heard some crashing sounds and followed them. It was the bear, obviously looking for a quiter place to find some sleep. She dodged him and kept walking in the direction he came from.

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor warched Relic with an emotionless look. He didn`t trust her or Haerdon. H saw the bear come out of the trees, but gave little interest in it. The bear wasn`t a threat. When Relic threw the reins at him, Trunfor didn`t bother to catch them.

Phyliss Ovida

Finally, the gorgon came upon a path where the bear and at least on horse had past. She wasn't sure to go left or right.

Naunet

The underwater creature eyed the happenings above water with hope in her heart that they would leave. Or at least, not be bothered with unconscious friend of theirs. Naunet figured, if she could plant the seed of doubt that she was no longer there, then she could sneak on board and get her humanoid back. Or at least, find something of his to keep for herself as dragging him back to the waters was so futile last time she tried.

Naunet followed the anchor's rope to the surface, her body solidifying the instant her face and hair hit the cold night air. Reaching for the rope she wrapped her legs around it and used her arm strength to pull upwards. Inching up the rope with what seemed like little effort, she reached the main landing of the brig and latched on to its edge and hung there for a few minutes. Naunet used all of her unused strength to lift herself over the edge and onto the boat, it was far more difficult than it felt as her chest heaved in and out her back to the ship's flooring.

Rolling onto her stomach, Naunet caught a glimpse of the humanoid that had fallen on her and smiled at how easily they had just left him behind. Defenseless. Cautiously the Sea Ghost crawled towards the sleeping body of Z as a hunter would their prey; water dripping from her green tinted hair and skin, leaving a trail behind her. She smiled down at his seemingly lifeless body unaware of the condition in which he was in. The Sea Ghost sat cross legged right next to him, her bare legs just touching his forearm. He was sleeping by her accord and that meant she could study him further without interruption.

Cocking her head to the side, Naunet wiggled her fingers in the air before looking at the sleeping Z and slowly moved her hand into one of his many clothing pockets. In fact, she tried every pocket until there was a small collection of things sitting beside them. Nothing was of interest to her. Until of course, the old fashioned keys jingled inside before she could bring them into view. The sound made her happy and when they found her way into her grasp her eyes lit up. They were the most beautiful things she had seen in her entire life. Even more prettier than the shells and beads she found at the bottom of the rivers and lakes that she frequented. Each one had an intricate and ornate pattern that she studied with both her hands and eyes. They didn't taste all that great but she could over look that one small detail.

It was about time for her to leave. There were a lot of sounds happening about the ship that warned her the occupants could easily return any minute. Naunet touched her new pet's head only to find that it was warm while the rest of his body was freezing. The fever was not a good sign for under water folk and only assumed it was the same for the land people. Naunet looked around for something to keep him warm when she spotted the blanket that sat upon some kind of square thing with legs. Upon further inspection the square was littered with shiny disks and other things that were of interest. Of course, she didn't want to take what didn't belong to her. Without further thought, Naunet pushed all of the contents of the square onto the ship's flooring and brought the blanket to Z's sleeping form. The sound of the crash bounced through the clearing and well into the forest, Naunet paying little attention.

"You are all wet..."
She exclaimed as she struggled to tear his pants from his body. It was difficult as she got towards the feet as this cloth seemed to stick at the ankles, with enough force she broke the pants free. The shirt was the hardest part however, struggling with his arms and head above all else. "Why do you people even WEAR this stuff?" Naunet said through gritted teeth and tossed the shirt aside once it was free. "Thank goodness..." The Sea Ghost wiped her now sweating forehead and quickly worked on covering Z with the cloth she had found.

When his body was covered, Naunet eyed her handy work, sitting on her ankles beside him. The ornate keys she had found remained in her grasp, her fingertips playing with them every so often. "You smell funny...."

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor sighed as he stood there. Where in the Nine Hells was everyone. They had gone off after a bear.. A BEAR! He knew that this situation was hopeless from the start. If they thought that chasing a bear was more important than Z`s fate then he might as well try to tend to Z himself. Looking to his left, he saw the boat still anchored there.

Sighing to himself, he flew off towards the boat, staying low so as to avoid drawing unnessesary attention from the people of the nearby city.

Gryph

Gryph caught the words of the Sea Ghost and turned to find her undressing the unconscious doppelganger. It didn't seem like she was going to harm him, so he allowed her to continue. At her remark of his smell, he had to chuckle,

"I found that most creatures does tend to smell different."

He wondered why she didn't notice him, it wasn't like he was hiding and come on a near seven foot man is not really impossible to see when he stands all bold and quiet...ah yes may be because he stood quietly.

Phyliss Ovida
Phyliss turned to the left only to find an open space with nobody left. She saw the prints of familar shape. So Tronfur did indeed land here... but he probably flew away again. At least, there was a small hill on which she coud climb to have a better look. She was still not tall enough to see the boat or any persones from here, but she found the direction of the river and recognized a large, unusal tree that had been close to the boat. That was good enough for her. She hurried back to reach the ship, this time not missing the way. But even so, she needed more time then Tronfur, whou could simply fly over all obstacles.

Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor arrived on the boat and folded in his wings. As he looked up, he saw a.. well.. he didn`t rightfully know what she was. So kind of sea creature. He saw that sh was undressing Z. Why was she doing that? "He carefully approached her and asked, "What are you doing?"

Naunet

The frightened Sea Ghost pulled the ancient keys into her chest as if the voice would some how grow fingers and yank them from her grasp. Naunet pushed herself towards the square thing until her back was against it. Her eyes surveyed the direction she had heard the voice and the hulking image of the creature came into view. It was blurry at first, rippling into reality like your reflection does after the water has calmed. It was the first time she had seen such a creature, so naturally her mind had blacked it out. There was nothing to reference it to in her memory and Naunet stared at the creature in awe and wonder.

"Are you Lord Triton?" She asked in a near whisper, standing to her feet with the keys held tightly in her grasp. There were stories of a Sea Ghost just as great as the all powerful King Triton of the Seas, and was named justly so in the King's honor. He had liberated them from Karku, the dreaded shark clans that lay to the west of their frequented waters. He was said to be the most massive creature with strength abound. All Naunet could think to do was slowly approach him, offering up her keys as a tribute to a creature so great and mighty as this one. "I offer my most prized possession." Though she had only had it in her grasps for less than a few minutes, it had quickly become her favorite thing and she was sad to see it go.

Trunfor looked between the sea creature and Gryph and became confused when she called Gryph, Lord Triton. When he saw that he held up a strange key and seemed to offer it to Gryph, he became even more confused.

He addressed her and asked, "I don`t know any Lord Triton, but that`s Gryph and I`m Trunfor." She seemed innocent and somewhat fightened. "It`s ok. We mean no harm. I just want to know what your doing with out companion there."

Gryph

Gryph shot Trunfor a glance and then knelt down to come to a much less intimidating level.

"I am not the Lord of the seas little one and I can not take something that doesn't belong to me without giving something in return."

He reached out and rested a gentle hand on her shoulder, he was about to tell a small lie, but it was for the best,

"Thank you for saving our friend and even now looking after him."

He didn't dare smile at her, those fangs might just give the wrong impression,

"You come from the water, I hope you do not wish to take him back to the water as it might upset the woman with snakes for hair."

He knew she wasn't stupid, but if she knew the names for all land dwelling creatures, that was the other question.

"Would you not like to rather join us as we travel on the river?"

Naunet

Their companion? Now she wasn't quite sure about all that, for he had fallen on her. And that pretty much meant ownership where ever you went. Naunet turned her head towards the second speaking stranger, a bit less hulking but with a lot more adornments she recognized. A Magma Fury perhaps? Only, they were too proud just to up and leave their volcanic waters to travel around on a ship amongst other strange creatures. Perhaps if the boat was painted with gold and rang up with the screams of innocent creatures in cages, she might have been able to say it was a Magma Fury. Either way, he made it clear that Z did not belong to her and that had to be corrected.

"The river gave him to me." She said quietly and matter-of-factly. Naunet's pupils dilated until there was no color left in her eyes, watching as the mighty creature lowered its stance. Even kneeling he was massive, there was no mistake in her mind, this was a being meant to be adored; even if he denied it, he was only being modest. She listened respectfully hanging on every word like a devoted worshiper would. The hand on her shoulder made Naunet want to cry, she would have to tell all of her friends what had happened this day and how she was blessed in some way, she could feel it.

Naunet looked over at her sleeping pet, hesitant about staying aboard this ship, but did not want to make anything with snakes angry. The Sea Ghost was not akin to snakes as they were usually trying to wrap themselves around the water creatures and eat them. "The land creature wouldn't survive in the water like I do..." She reasoned, biting her lower lip and dropped the keys down beside her. "But if I travel on the land person's boat, I can keep him then?"

Gryph

He chuckle softly and stood up,

"That would be slavery, why not ask to be his friend when he wakes up? That is a much better manner to get along with other."

He looked back in the direction that Trunfor had came from,

"Also it can be seen slavery and that is something that upsets me very much. Also the river did not give him to you little one, the fire that I created did, but 'ere he was laid low by the ruffians that tried to seize him. Now he is poisoned and we need a way to combat that poison to make him well again."

Back