Decadents and Dropouts IC

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss looked him into the eyes, which were even more unusual then her own. "Yes, I can imagine how lonely you have been. I even know how mean monsters can be to each other, theat's why I never seeked refuge in a dungeon. But we will be nice to each other for now." she looked over to Canut, and to the door. Canut was sleeping again, and she would hear Gryph coming up the wooden stairs from a mile. "We can cuddle a little bit, if you like. Not to much, but just a little to feel safe." she laughed softly.

Trnfor

Trunfor nodded, "That`d be nice if you want to." Trunfor was a little nervous at how Gryph would react to seeing him and Phyliss as they were. He wrapped his right wing around Phyliss in an attempt to hold her closer to him and provide a feeling of protection.

Phyliss Ovida

"Don't worry, there is always time to stop, and I hear quite well someone approaching. Just let us not wake up Canut." Phylis put her arms around him and hugged him, while she rubbed her face on his neck and cheek. Her snakes went just around him, but that was to expect if you are hugged by a grogon. She kissed him on the cheek, and repeatet this several times.

Relic

The bar grew louder as a fight started in one of the corners, several men punching each other around the place. Soon it seemed to spill out over onto the streets. Spectators followed until the bar seemed rather too quiet. Just those who were to drunk, or had business remained. Or a few who were not easily distracted. Relic enjoyed a good brawl, but considering this Zahn person was also the friendly employer Zaeel she didn't want to lose sight of him easily. He had already proved his ability to alter his looks, he could be anyone. How quickly he could change she didn't know, but it made her distrusting of anyone new. Or old. Damn, she had that feeling coming back to her. The prickles on her neck.

Something was happening, she just couldn't put her finger on it.

Outside, the brawl continued until both parties found themselves pushed over the side of the closest pier and into the water. It must have looked rather comical, but seemed to be the usual way of dealing with the more out of hand fights. Sailors.

Trunfor

Trunfor sighed in pleasure and happiness as Phyliss began kissing him. He brushed her "hair" with his clawed fngers, being very careful so as to not hurt her or her snake hair. With his other hand he caressed her back. He closed his eyes as he realized he had found happiness and, was it possible, his true love?

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss decided that a few careful kisses wouldn't do him any harm. Later they would go down and look for Gryph, so that there would be no fight. She kissed Tronfur on the mouth, and did this again, a little longer then.

Trunfor eagerly returned her kiss. He wasn`t really sure what to do. He was nervous about continuing too far. He didn`t want to wake the kobald nor to let anyone else catch them in such a position. Also he didn`t want to push Phyliss too far unless she insisted on taking it to the next level. He could wait if need be.

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss knew she had control herself, but found the situation still on a tolerable level. She opened her mouth a little and quickly tipped her tongue out and drew it back again, several times, while she rubbed her hands over his shoulders.

Trunfor

Trunfor let her continue, she seemed to know what to do. He wrapped his tail around her right leg as he returned her kissing. He felt like he was in heaven, an irony for a half-fiend like him. He covered her with his wings to provide warmth and even more comfort for her.

-Z-

The old riverman seemed confused. He looked around, at his sailors and then at the whore. He just laughed loudly and slapped his hand on the table. "Who put you up to this, boy? Was it Cromell? That old bugger better not have paid you, 'cause you sure as fuck ain't making this joke convincing."

Z had gotten a fairly good read on this idiot. If the sailor had been younger, Z would respond with insults and intimidation. This man had age and experience, whether or not he deserved respect, he believed he did. Once a sailor, always a sailor, though. Z needed to come across as tough.

"I don't know Cromell, and I'm not here to entertain you." Zahn glanced over at the girl then locked his eyes back on the man. "Seems you have that covered. If you know someone with a simple boat for sale, I'll make it worth your while. If not, I'll get out of your space so the...lady...doesn't start charging for overtime."

The man tried to stare Z down for a few quiet and tense seconds, then got a big smile. He looked like he was about to say something, then a commotion broke out in the bar. A drunken brawl had started and quickly became the center of attention. It didn't seem to bother the man much, and Z could tell Relic wasn't getting caught up in it.

Once they spilled outside, the man gave a chuckle and shook his head. "Happens all the time. So, boy, you want a boat?"

Z stared at the man. "I believe I've said that several times now."

The man leaned in and arched one of his eyebrows. "I might know someone...but he'd be pretty sore if I sent some half-breed boy looking for charity." Z snapped open the pouch on his belt and pulled out a small satchel. He jingled it enough to show there were coins in it. The man glared at Z. "Don't think that's enough gold-" Z pulled out a platinum piece and showed it to the man. "-for a....boat..." The man trailed off and stared at the coin, he didn't notice the glint in the hooker's eye and the small smile that crawled across her face.

"Go see Macaroy, he's got some skiffs he wants to unload. Up in the offices, end of the hall. Follow the pipe smoke and you'll find the office."

Z tossed him the platinum piece and headed up the stairs. With any luck the hooker would knock the ugly fuck out and take the coin. Provided that crusty bastard didn't ditch her for something higher class. Z didn't bother to look back at Relic. Even if she didn't follow him right now, he knew she wouldn't be too far from him or his coin purse.

Gryph

Ah subterfuge, the oldest trick in the scrolls,

"Merry met Koslak the mighty, I am Drakonuvius, people call me Drake. I am to meet another of my kind here, he sent me a message through the fire that he and an associate of his are being chased by a man named Haerdon."

He gave Haerdon a grin, of course the fangs made him look like he would take a bite from the big barbarian,

"Maybe you have heard of him? I have heard that he is a mighty warrior, that he have bested many creatures and men on the battlefields to the North."

Relic

Watching as Zahn moved away, Relic tensed up. She didn't want to let him out of her sight...but this didn't have anything to do with her. Did it? Was she even going on this boat. She smiled to herself, she could probably also afford one. In all her years she had yet found something good enough to spend her hidden treasure on. Her habit of collecting expensive items, or picking the occasional pockets, or heists such as with the Mayor had her sitting on a nice fortune. But she never liked to admit it. It was hers. Not anyone else's.

Pushing away from the bar stool she sat on, she watched the platinum coin the riverman tossed happily into the air. Noticing several more whores approaching the table, to make him laugh and enjoy his new prize even more.

Following Zahn up the stairs, she picked up a loaf of bread one of the girls was taking out to a table. Ignoring her angry expression. Instead she tossed a few coins to replace the bread onto the plate instead. She still didn't seem happy.

At the top of the stairs, she stayed back. Trying to act innocent. However it wasn't a convincing act. The drow stood out a lot.

"Excuse me darlin'" a rather ugly man croaked, drawing her attention away from the back of the prey she stalked. He touched her arm and she narrowed her eyes at him. 'What's a pretty little thing like you doing, come to show this old man a good time?"

For his age, the old man had a good sense of humor. Or was that not a joke. She laughed, and brushed his hand away. Only to have it replaced by that of another man.

"He asked you a question, whore."

His grip wasn't so innocent.

Relic turned to face the insulting man, and growled at him subconsciously. "And I declined to answer...do you have a problem with that?" Her expression showing her obvious distaste. She was not a common whore...they didn't ask for enough coin. When those paying had more to give, or have taken in Relics case.

The man let her go, before laughing loudly. "Don't know what he sees in an animal like you anyway...isn't that bestiality?" Several men now joined in the laughter.

Relic grinned, showing her white set of sharp canines. Before looking back down the hallway the way Zahn had gone. If they wanted to see how much of an animal she was...maybe she would oblige.

Last edited:
-Z-

He could easily hear what was going on with Relic. But she was more than capable of handling herself. Z smelled the aromatic pipe weed wafting down the hall. There were thick clouds of smoke around the candles that lit either side of the last door.

Another fight in the bar might get distracting, and even the greatest fighter can be taken down by bad luck, so he decided to have some fun. From a pouch on his bandoleer, Z pulled out the old coin with the hole in it. Last time he used it he was subjected to the horror of a room full of dwarves dancing. This time...well, only one way to find out.

Thanks to hours of procrastination as a child, Z was quite adept at rolling coins down hallways. Marbles, too, for that matter. He whispered the code to the coin and rolled it down the hall. It made it around the corner and out of sight.

"One...two..." Z counted. Right on cue, there was a small flash, and...? He heard a cluck. It was a chicken. "A chicken? Really? I mean-" Z's thoughts were interrupted when the chicken went berserk. He caught a glimpse of the chicken as it ran past the hall and back towards the men bugging relic. It was translucent.

"Ghost chicken...huh. That is a new one." The artifact never directly hurt people, but it always provided a good distraction. Z had 3 minutes until the chicken would vanish and the coin would be back in his pocket, and useless for a week.

The door to the smokey office was slightly ajar, and a sign on it said "OPEN." Z walked right in.

The Narrator - Haerdon

"Oh yes, I know Haerdon. He hired me once for a battle, but he betrayed with for my loot. There were to many against me then, so I had to leave. But i will find him to have revenge. Maybe I could join with your associate. Where could I find him?" said the barbarian.

Gryph

"Fabulous! Let us wait inside the tavern over there, not like he would miss us."

Gryph led the way to a tavern just a few meters away, as he entered the tap room grew silent,

"Barkeep! A round for everyone and the best ale you have for Koslak the mighty and me!"

Gryph placed coins on the counter and waited for their drinks.

The Narrator - Haerdon

"Not bad." thought Haerdon. He went inside with his new "friend". This was a tavern after his taste; there were warriors and mercenaries, some barbarians, dwarfes, orcs and lots of beer. He grabbed the big tankard that was brought, and joined into the cheer for the round.
"Now let us drink. Tell me about your friend."

Gryph

He gulped down of his ale and turned to Haerdon,

"I am a modest wizard and I have been looking for more of my kind. Calling through the fire is something that dragon kin can do and what select human and other races' wizards can do. He just called through the flame, how he did it, I am not sure. He said he is coming here and that he and his companion was being followed by Haerdon. Then the image wavered and got interrupted by powerful magic. I could not call on him again and I did fear the worst, but as he is another of my kin, I came here to see if I can't find him. He had to be in dire peril if he had to resort to calling through the fire to anybody who could hear him."

The Narrator - Haerdon

"Ok, the next round is on me." Haerdon was wondering if the half-dragon was telling the truth. If he did, it was most likely that Mad Dog was involved. No one else could mean such a thread to the creature that had knocked down Ulfgard and branded fire through his men. That would be bad news, Mad Dog was certainly mad, in some way, and no one could know what he and his drow were up to. He didn't care for that half-dragon, but he wanted to have the gorgon, and he needed her alive. But maybe Drake was lying, if that was his real name.
"So, if he is in trouble, he might not come here. Maybe we should search for him and see if he is alright, shouldn't we?"

Gryph

"Aye aye that is a sure thing to do mighty Koslak, but if you are in danger would you not seek out numbers to either disappear or to receive assistance? As for finding him, the question would be in what direction do we seek?"

Gryph finished his ale and place the tankard down.

The Narrator - Haerdon

"Good question. But are are of the same kind like him, Drake. So nobody else could guess better. Where would you hide in that city, if you were him?" the barbarian fixed Gryph.

Gryph

"The poor quarter, where no questions is asked and I will search for help in the evening when the only thing to fear is the guards and thieves,"

Gryph threw more coins on the counter for his ale as Haerdon was drinking way too slow for his tastes.

"But why are you so interested in my kindred mighty Koslak? What brought you this way?"

The Narrator - Haerdon

"I am not so much interested in your kindred, I like to find Haerdon, and this halfdragon, you haven't told me his name yet, might be the best way to find him. You might not know, but I heard there is a gorgon with him, with amber snakes on her head and fiery red eyes. Someone should have noticed that. Don't you think so?" said Haerdon.

Gryph

Ah so that was the game then.

"Gorgon? Snakes and Dragons have been enemies for ages, the Basilisk being the worse of them all,"

Gryph shuddered violently and drank the ale placed in front of him.

"If my kinsman Wyvern travels with a gorgon he is no kin of mine! I will leave him rot in the pits of hades,"

Gryph spat to the side, clearly very upset with the fact that a dragon kind would team up with a snake haired demon.

The Narrator - Haerdon

"Cheers!" Haerdon took a large portion as well. "Personally I don't give a dam for that gorgon. But..." he paused and scratched his beard "Haerdon has caught a vampire, as I heard, and said he would exchange her only for the gorgon. I don't care for either of them, though."

Gryph

"Vampire? I didn't know they were still around,"

he took a sip of his ale.

"From what I have heard they were wiped out millenia ago in The Great War. Why would Haerdon want a gorgon in exchange for a vampire? That doesn't make sense at all."

Back