Create A Character Sheet.

The visual image I hold of them in my head is enough
Their character traits evolve as the story does
If you're doing this for fun, then have fun with it
As a writing tool, its useless. If you have to detail out like this then where's the creativity in the writing. Better yet, how much of a story could you write instead of diddling around with this thing
Sorry, I don't need to know my characters favorite food.

Most of my notes would never help anybody jump in and finish my stories. Beyond hair color and eye color. I often have notes like " "Oh god!" " or " husband? " Which is Guy from Defluer speak for "She says 'Oh god!' during sex." and "Does her husband know?"

Too much description of a character's appearance removes the need for the reader to fill in the detail. You, in essence, rob them of the joy of filling in the blanks, becoming invested in the character and forming their own mental picture of him or her. Who they are is revealed by what they do, so you don't have to go into great detail about that either. Their family, maybe you want to know that, but unless they are in the story, I don't see a need to include telling the reader about them. If you need to, you can include something relevant, such as a lingering sense of loss for a dearly departed loved one, but in general granny's chocolate chip cookie recipe isn't necessary, just look on the bag, Monica, it's right there.

I agree that too much detail is not always a good thing. But I have had readers asking for cup and nipple sizes, length and girth of his equipment, and also wanting to know if he's got a hairy chest or if he's clean shaven. I don't feel the need to fill in all the blanks, but some readers like to know every last thing about the characters, I guess so they don't have to think too much while they read.

I like descriptions that are well parlant but leave enough to the imagination. Something like "If a committee of horny men were to design a body for a hot slut, then what they'd end up with would look a lot like Tanya."

Holy shit thats a lot of details lol.

I honestly wouldn't have answers for a good amount of those.

While I enjoy a good physical description, I think the mistake some writers make is going into WAY to many details about a characters appearance.

Sometimes us readers like to fill in a few blanks ourselves, especially in a good sex story. It allows us to imagine the character in a way that appeals to us and add some of our own features, details or mannerisms.

So much of the fun of writing is letting the subconscious do its work, and finding yourself typing something that you didn't know that your character would do, or say. And while the details sometimes require a lot of proofreading and revision to make the story consistent (is this guy taller than that guy, or the other way around, what did I say in Chapter Two?), it's cool to discover on rereading that a proclivity of behavior that became important in Chapter Seven turns out to have been pretty strongly foreshadowed in Chapter Three, at a point when I didn't know a character was motivated that way.

Name
Nick Name
Build / Weight
Ethnicity

Hair Color
Hair Length
Hair Style
Hair Texture (Straight, Wavy, Curly)
Head Shape
Distinguish Features (Beauty marks, dimples, freckles)
Face Shape
Ear Size
Eye Color
Eye Shape
Glasses
Mouth Shape
Nose Shape
Piercings

Ass Shape
Birthmarks
Breast Shape
Bust Size
Distinguish Features
Dress Size
Hips
Piercings
Scars
Shoe Size
Skin Tone
Tattoos
Voice
Waist

Sexuality

• Aggressiveness in Bed
  • Dominance
  • Experience
  • Favorite Place To Have Sex
  • Favorite Sexual Position
  • Fetishes & Kinks
  • Fidelity
  • Likes and Dislikes
  • Openness
  • Orientation
  • Role Playing
  • Sex Toys
  • Voyeurism

Aspirations & Dreams

• Dream Job
  • Dream Vacation
  • Dream Wedding
  • Retirement Plans
Astrological Sign

Beliefs and Values

Character Tics

Criminal History

Crushes

Enemies

Family

• Children
  • Deceased or Living
  • Family Drama
  • Family Finances
  • Family Illnesses
  • Family Tragedies
  • Father
  • Legal Troubles
  • Relationship To Family
  • Siblings
  • Order Of Birth
  • Nieces and Nephews
Fears

Finances & Income

Fitness

Flaws

Friends

Gait

Habits

Health

• Addictions
  • Allergies
  • Blood Type
  • Disabilities
  • Exercise
  • Eyesight
  • Mental health
  • Sports
History

• Accomplishments
  • Childhood
  • Education / Area Of Study
  • Family History
  • Home Town
  • Incidents and Tragedies
  • Marital Status
  • Mistakes
  • Relationships
  • Regrets
  • Secrets
Hobbies and Interest

Insecurities

Languages

Left or Right Handed

Likes and Dislikes

• Book Genres
  • Collections
  • Favorite Cars
  • Favorite Celebrities
  • Favorite Color
  • Favorite Drink
  • Favorite Food
  • Favorite Games
  • Favorite Hobbies
  • Favorite Movies and Television Genres
  • Favorite Music Genres
  • Favorite Snacks
  • Favorite Sports
Location – Country, city, state

Lucky Item

Mannerisms

Motivations

Nationality

Nervous Tics

Occupation

Personality

• Affection
  • Aggressiveness
  • Candor
  • Charm
  • Cleanliness
  • Compassion
  • Composure
  • Courage
  • Cunning
  • Curiosity
  • Decisiveness
  • Disposition
  • Humility
  • Humor
  • Imagination
  • Introvert or Extrovert
  • Loyalty
  • Maturity
  • Memory
  • Optimism
  • Patience
  • Self-esteem
  • Sensuality
  • Tenacity
  • Trust
  • Vivacity
Pets

Physical Attributes

• Agility
  • Coordination
  • Flexibility
  • Speed
  • Strength
Politics

Quirks

Relationship Status

Religion

Reputation / Street Cred

Residence

Role Models

Skills & Talents

Social Class

Style

Superstitions

Vehicle

Vices
This will help greatly. I may not use every characteristic trait but will organize and adjust as needed. If anyone else has some writing tips, please write me or comment on my thread. Thread 'Assistance with Writing' https://forum.literotica.com/threads/assistance-with-writing.1571754/

Back