Comments not showing on story

gordo12

Experienced
This has happened to me a good half dozen times in the last while. Comments show on the main hub, but the story has nothing. Lit problem is the story page, and lit problem 2 is the hub page.

Microsoft Edge
Version 89.0.774.68 (Official build) (64-bit) UTD

Attachments

• Lit Problem-2.jpg
    Lit Problem-2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Lit Problem.jpg
    Lit Problem.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3
Sorry, that was for Not Another Loving Wives Tale (bottom). It shows 18 comments.

Update

I see other stories are suffering too. Also, my score disappeared from the story above.

And the site is running so slowly I could walk to the server and back and get it faster :D

Comments don't always sync up at the same time. Sometimes it takes a little while.

Comments don't always sync up at the same time. Sometimes it takes a little while.

It's hours later, and the comment totals have now been updated to 24. Still, nothing shows. It's not the only story I've noticed.

And the site is running so slowly I could walk to the server and back and get it faster :D

That could very well be the issue. Laurel made an announcement on Twitter that they were working on the server and things could be slow.

The comment section may not be loading on that story. A lot of comments could also make that more likely. There are a lot of things on the new pages that update after initial page load.

Just clicked on another LW story that had 96 comments, and when I scrolled down, it looked exactly like your screen. Took a few seconds for it to load the comments, and the server isn't nearly as slow right now as I've seen it earlier today. So that's certainly a possibility for the culprit.

Just clicked on another LW story that had 96 comments, and when I scrolled down, it looked exactly like your screen. Took a few seconds for it to load the comments, and the server isn't nearly as slow right now as I've seen it earlier today. So that's certainly a possibility for the culprit.

I'm conscious of that delay also, RR. It's happened to me, so I waited a long while and then refreshed the page. Then did an f5 reload. Then went back and clicked on the hub link again. I also went back 4x over the course of the day yesterday. I finally got them last night.

I'd be surprised if they worked on the servers on a holiday long weekend when everyone is at home and perhaps reading here.

I've also seen it on my own stories before. Hub says this. The comment section of our control panel agrees. Nothing shows on the story for hours after. That's going back a while now.

attachment.php

Could even be that comments sporadically failing to load is what they were working on :)

Attachments

• lit_tweet.jpg
    lit_tweet.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 29
Laurel made an announcement on Twitter that they were working on the server and things could be slow.

An announcement was made on twitter but not here on the Web site itself? The story side is still glacial slow today.

An announcement was made on twitter but not here on the Web site itself? The story side is still glacial slow today.

They're making an announcement NOW! New logins are re-directed to that slow announcement as an attachment WITH no link to go anywhere else. You have to re-navigate to the site to get in. :rolleyes:

They're making an announcement NOW! New logins are re-directed to that slow announcement as an attachment WITH no link to go anywhere else. You have to re-navigate to the site to get in. :rolleyes:

Sorry about the slowness. We were working on an issue causing slowness on the BETA category hubs for logged in users. If you are logged out and not using the BETA category hubs, the site should be very fast. If it isn't, please let me know.

Can you explain exactly what you mean by this:
"New logins are re-directed to that slow announcement as an attachment"

Where are you logging in and seeing an announcement as an attachment?

Thank you. :D

Logging in to the authors page is slow, slow, slow and sometimes if you try and refresh it kicks out to a log in screen. Never seen this before. The log in screen looks like an old version from the wayback times.

Sorry about the slowness. We were working on an issue causing slowness on the BETA category hubs for logged in users. If you are logged out and not using the BETA category hubs, the site should be very fast. If it isn't, please let me know.

Can you explain exactly what you mean by this:
"New logins are re-directed to that slow announcement as an attachment"

Where are you logging in and seeing an announcement as an attachment?

Thank you. :D

I hit my link (from my computer) that takes me to my home page and got re-directed to that attachment. No link out, just the announcement. I deleted all the address info except Literotica.com and got back to the site. I didn't think anything of it at the time.

On my home page I'm always logged in when I get there. Cookies persist. On the forum, yeah, not so lucky, I have to log in for every post. Cookies do not persist.

The less-comments-displayed below the story and on the according feedback seem to be related to the latest stories/comments. Maybe some subsystem server got a hiccup from the recent clock change last weekend?

The less-comments-displayed below the story and on the according feedback seem to be related to the latest stories/comments. Maybe some subsystem server got a hiccup from the recent clock change last weekend?

Another piece for the puzzle: Changing from the standard sorting 'Oldest' to 'Newest' all the comments are shown...changing show again not all latest comments.

I'm still seeing this same issue - a comment from two days ago is showing up in the author dashboard, but when I go to the story itself (Lost Worlds Ch. 4) it's not visible. Changing the comment display order doesn't cause it to show up, either

In the past few days, some of the comments I've left under stories by other authors are not showing up... despite entries under "My Activity" that say I have commented on those stories. Regardless of how I attempt to view them, they are still not displaying.

Hmmm... just had a new story go up yesterday and comments were made 6 to 7 hours ago and don't show up on the story at the end, but do if I go through via My Works on my dashboard.

Hmmm... just had a new story go up yesterday and comments were made 6 to 7 hours ago and don't show up on the story at the end, but do if I go through via My Works on my dashboard.

I noticed the same behavior. Sometimes there is a notification of a comment, but the comment itself doesn't show up until hours later.

Addendum: If you click on the link "Newest First" then the comments magically appear. But if you click back to the "Oldest First" link, they disappear.

Addendum: If you click on the link "Newest First" then the comments magically appear. But if you click back to the "Oldest First" link, they disappear.

And yet the comments on older stories show up just fine with the default "Oldest First".

Missing comments

I had two comments from 24 hours ago not appear in one story. I had a new story go live today and there's 8 comments there, but only one is showing up. I've tried some of the tricks I've read here, but it's still not happening. And yes, sometimes it takes awhile to reload, but it's been hours now.

The page views are also deeply weird from my dashboard to what I see when I open the story. One of them, "Little Packages Ch. 4" is just in Bizarro Land. It's like it's frozen in place from 5 days ago. I'm convinced that story has never recovered properly from the glitch that happened last month.

Back