CNN: Rant

MissTaken

Biker Chick
Joined
Jun 30, 2001
Posts
20,570
Today, I was watching CNN for my daily half hour of news updates. They played tapes of the emergency response teams on the day of the WTC tragedy. For me, emotionally, I was plunged back to that day, the fear, the sadness and as an empathetic person, began sobbing to hear the panic in the voices of the EMS personnel. Some of whom may actually have died in the tragedy.

I can't begin to describe the respect I had for the people involved in trying to cope with this situation, from dispatchers down to the front line cops and ems people. However, I don't believe it was necessary to play the tapes three weeks later.

America needs to heal. GWB wants us to get on with our lives. How can we do so with that sort of journalism?


"CLICK" ~CHANGING THE CHANNEL TO SOME SILLY ASS SIT COM~
 
We are healing. What? You need proof? I saw an infomercial the other day for American flags.

:rolleyes:
 
Hmmm so it may not be just the media who uses the tragedy for personal gain, ratings, $$$$?


:D

I turned off the tv too late. The last segment of the tape was of an officer "down" who was trying to shout for help. Is it me, or is this sick?
 
It's just part of the big build up. Nobody wants a war more than the media, it'll be bigger and better than O.J. Simpson. Stay tuned........
 
sick

all im going to say about that, or ill not stop and get too angry.
 
Back
Top