Changing category

SophieM

Virgin
I have recently had my first story published. It is listed in incest/taboo category but is a spanking story as will any sequel be. Can I easily change category?

I have recently had my first story published. It is listed in incest/taboo category but is a spanking story as will any sequel be. Can I easily change category?
https://www.literotica.com/faq/publishing/editing-published-work

Republish it and in the Admin Note state that you want it moved to the category you want.

It's unlikely that it'll be moved though because it has incest in it, and that is a trump category. You can always try though.

Best you can do is add a note to the top and the "short description" pointing out that the focus is more on spanking than the incest angle. If this entry in your series contains some incest, that's where it's going, as alohadave said. I/T might be the biggest trump category on the site. One category to rule them all. It's one of those site policy things that really isn't up for debate with the management.

You can complain about the injustice of it here, but it's not changing anytime soon.

Another issue created by a writer by submitting incomplete work.

Laurel has to view the content and the context when making decisions on accepting a story and what category it belongs in. If she is provided mere "snippets", that is all she has to work with.

If the proper category for the story as a whole is something other than I/T, how is she supposed to know that if she can't review it while deciding? Is she supposed to believe a writer when they tell her that "I promise, the rest of the story is more about spanking", when there are so many writers here who never complete their work, or delay it for months or years?

As you can probably tell, I have little sympathy for impatience. Finish the story before submitting any parts of it.

Or, as an option, leave this one where it is and simply submit sequels as 'spanking' (presumably BDSM).

Good luck.

Back