Biden to reclassify marijuana in historic move

Years in the making​

President Joe Biden directed the Department of Health and Human Services in October of 2022 to review marijuana’s classification. Federal scientists concluded that there is credible evidence that cannabis provides medical benefits and that it poses lower health risks than other controlled substances.
Since 1971, marijuana has been in the same category as heroin, methamphetamines and LSD. Each substance under the Schedule I classification is defined as a drug with no accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule III substances include Tylenol with codeine, steroids and testosterone.

By rescheduling cannabis, the drug would now be studied and researched to identify concrete medical benefits, opening the door for pharmaceutical companies to get involved with the sale and distribution of medical marijuana in states where it is legal.
and not before time!
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jo...y-marijuana-easing-restrictions-na-rcna149424

When President Joe Biden was elected, I shrugged my shoulders and thought legalizing pot would be an extremely low priority....Senator Joe Biden consistently voted for tougher federal sentences for pot offenses. Seeing him do an about face on pot has been quite a surprise.

When President Joe Biden was elected, I shrugged my shoulders and thought legalizing pot would be an extremely low priority....Senator Joe Biden consistently voted for tougher federal sentences for pot offenses. Seeing him do an about face on pot has been quite a surprise.
he's following the science, the evidence, and the possible benefits to society. This is what a thinking, adaptable, rationale adult human should be able to do :)

Can't wait for the gateway drug comments.

Hold up, I'm gonna have a gummy to prep

Honestly,the biggest issue I have with potheads is that the smoke infiltrates their entire house, like cigarettes used to. They don't seem to get it.

Back