"Because it's there."

In massive Tahitian waves, the most incredible day of surfing ever?

Linkage.

Pretty fucking incredible.

alex_gray_joli_tw15980.jpg

Jesus Christ, now there's a wave that belongs in a thread about mountains.

We can do Castle Crags together. I'm sure its got some nice nooks and crannies.

Took this pic on 5 from the Porsche with the top down just a couple of months ago.

261389_228559160508345_100000627892462_771442_3839814_n.jpg

We can do Castle Crags together. I'm sure its got some nice nooks and crannies.

Took this pic on 5 from the Porsche with the top down just a couple of months ago.

261389_228559160508345_100000627892462_771442_3839814_n.jpg

It's rather famous among climbers, but more interestingly, how is it that you're cruising past it in a Porsche? I know what YOU do...have you hitched to someone in a more lucrative field?

Nah... I'm single... again. *sigh* Drove my daughter up to mom's in Medford and then drove her Lincoln up to Seattle. We did the whole tourist thing, some some friends, went to the Lavender Fest out at Squim, and I got my Native American fix. And orcas are my fav beast but we didn't see any this time. No BC either, but next time for sure.

What's cool up on Mt. Shasta is that you can look across to the Crags. :cool:

The mountains above town are looking pretty nice:

tumblr_lrlz3jPMzh1r3qvelo1_500.jpg

Gorgeous. It got chilly here, like, overnight. Autumn didn't creep up on us; it fell like a cartoon anvil. From shorts and sleeveless t-shirts to light wool sweaters. Last couple nights up at camp, Lady P and the cats and I slept on mattresses in front of the fire. Romantic and cuddly and all, but damn.

Gorgeous. It got chilly here, like, overnight. Autumn didn't creep up on us; it fell like a cartoon anvil. From shorts and sleeveless t-shirts to light wool sweaters. Last couple nights up at camp, Lady P and the cats and I slept on mattresses in front of the fire. Romantic and cuddly and all, but damn.

Show Lady P the photo. It's from Arctic Valley, looking south. The near ridge on the left is the old Army ski area.

LOL! No insulation in that cabin! It's naked sleeping in the loft at my place, albeit with fleece sheets.

Show Lady P the photo. It's from Arctic Valley, looking south. The near ridge on the left is the old Army ski area.

LOL! No insulation in that cabin! It's naked sleeping in the loft at my place, albeit with fleece sheets.

I will. She's in Nod right now, as usual, but it will make her happy.

Nope. I still slept nekkid, but it was hard to get up in the morning.

I will. She's in Nod right now, as usual, but it will make her happy.

Nope. I still slept nekkid, but it was hard to get up in the morning.

She'll have been there.

I've got R30 in the floor, R38 in the roof and only R19 in the walls.

My little tracked machine for pulling a ski track setter is almost ready to go. It's going to be good skiing this winter.

She'll have been there.

I've got R30 in the floor, R38 in the roof and only R19 in the walls.

My little tracked machine for pulling a ski track setter is almost ready to go. It's going to be good skiing this winter.
I'm sure.

Sounds cozy! We're gonna have to come out and see it firsthand. We can repay the favor if you get to Maine someday. You should be getting some snow soon, no?

Nice shot. Who knows? Those folk look awfully chipper and lightly dressed for K2 to me, but it could be a banner day.

I'm sure.

Sounds cozy! We're gonna have to come out and see it firsthand. We can repay the favor if you get to Maine someday. You should be getting some snow soon, no?

Nice shot. Who knows? Those folk look awfully chipper and lightly dressed for K2 to me, but it could be a banner day.

Snow that stays will come in a month.

It was listed as K2, but I was skeptical.

i drop in and quietly read and look at the pretty pictures. as i'm not a climber, and have nothing to offer this thread, i don't normally post here. i ain't stalkin' you boys, either. :rolleyes:

Back