bannon indicted, arrest warrant issued

butters

High on a Hill
1 min ago
Bannon expected to turn himself in on Monday
Steve Bannon is expected to self-surrender on Monday and appear in court that afternoon, according a source familiar with the matter.

A federal grand jury has indicted Bannon on two counts of contempt of Congress after he defied a congressional subpoena issued by the House select committee investigating Jan. 6, the Justice Department announced Friday.

Bannon, 67, has been charged with one contempt count related to his refusal to appear for a deposition and another related to his refusal to produce documents, according to the DOJ.
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/doj-steve-bannon-contempt-11-12-21/index.html

So, what now? Is he going to play the martyr -- refuse to testify, and go to jail?

So, what now? Is he going to play the martyr -- refuse to testify, and go to jail?
possibly

there's a minimum 1 month sentence for one of the indictments... he may suck it up, and play the martyr for the trumpites and then attempt to wield that ('held as a political prisoner') in an increasing desire for power.

on the other hand, i believe there's a max 4 year term for the same thing, so how long he'll get is up for speculation.

edit: 1 year for each count

Last edited:
So ANOTHER one of the traitor in chief's cabal is getting locked up???

*yawn*

đź‘Ť

:D

i'm trusting mr Garland's time-scale means his branch has truly done all they can to cross the t's and dot the i's so this is watertight. Not bowing to pressure from any direction, the methodical approach may be the surest way of getting the correct legal results for the american public, repairing some of the enormous damage done to the D.O.J by barr.

i'm trusting mr Garland's time-scale means his branch has truly done all they can to cross the t's and dot the i's so this is watertight. Not bowing to pressure from any direction, the methodical approach may be the surest way of getting the correct legal results for the american public, repairing some of the enormous damage done to the D.O.J by barr.

It definitely sends a message to other members of the cabal who are thinking of trying the tack that Bannon took.

*nods*

at least the greasy fuck won't have to worry about being raped while he's in jail. even convicts have standards.

possibly

there's a minimum 1 month sentence for one of the indictments... he may suck it up, and play the martyr for the trumpites and then attempt to wield that ('held as a political prisoner') in an increasing desire for power.

on the other hand, i believe there's a max 4 year term for the same thing, so how long he'll get is up for speculation.

He could get a year, get released, and get called to testify again.

at least the greasy fuck won't have to worry about being raped while he's in jail. even convicts have standards.
he always looks such a tramp, doesn't he?

anyway, this:
Bannon, who was a political adviser to former President Donald Trump, is charged with one count for failing to appear for a deposition and another for refusing to hand over documents.

The Justice Department's move exposes Bannon to fines and as much as a year of jail time for each count. It follows weeks of deliberation by prosecutors in the U.S. Attorney's office in the District of Columbia, who will oversee the criminal case.

"Since my first day in office, I have promised Justice Department employees that together we would show the American people by word and deed that the department adheres to the rule of law, follows the facts and the law and pursues equal justice under the law," Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement. "Today's charges reflect the department's steadfast commitment to these principles."
https://www.wfdd.org/story/justice-department-charges-steve-bannon-criminal-contempt-congress

cnN1icd.jpg

Sorry douchebag, “executive privilege” is the RULE and has been forever, as it should be! Any conversation(s) Trump had with ANYONE while he was POTUS, are covered and there are multiple presidents in the Courts that will verify! Nice try, YOU LOSE! Eat shit, douche!

We'll see, won't we? You blustering about it means zip other than showing your panic (and ignorance).

Last edited:
Whereas I think Bannon welcomes the sacrifice with this and probably is poised to pounce on and discard Trump when Trump doesn't accept the sacrifice of leading the deplorables over the edge, I don't think Mark Meadows is going to hold tough against a conviction for this.

No arrest warrant. He will surrender himself on Monday and will be booked and released. His charges have a maximum of 1 year in jail.

Sorry douchebag, “executive privilege” is the RULE and has been forever, as it should be! Any conversation(s) Trump had with ANYONE while he was POTUS, are covered and there are multiple presidents in the Courts that will verify! Nice try, YOU LOSE! Eat shit, douche!

You don't understand the concept. Go read up....hint: who decides that it's privileged?

No arrest warrant. He will surrender himself on Monday and will be booked and released. His charges have a maximum of 1 year in jail.

Might I suggest you go read up on the legal process involved.

He fail to appear, and now has been charged. He is guilty, there is no trial. So while he can appeal, he will be remanded into custody on Monday.

If he refuses to testify, after his one year incarceration ( or what ever term the Judge sentences him to) , he can be served again, and if he then fails to appear, he will be placed right back in jail. This can go for as long as Congress keeps serving him a subpoena to testify....

Last edited:
Back