Anyone speak decent Spanish / Mexican?

EmilyMiller

Good men did nothing
This is for a side project. I don’t have lengthy Spanish text in it, just a few words. But I speak like zero Spanish and Google Translate is not always your friend.

Emily

Good. I was going to offer with some indecent Spanish. Ya' know, stuff that would bring out the knives if uttered in the barrio I lived in long ago. Thankfully I've forgotten most of it.

Good. I was going to offer with some indecent Spanish. Ya' know, stuff that would bring out the knives if uttered in the barrio I lived in long ago. Thankfully I've forgotten most of it.
I sucked at Spanish - hated my first teacher…

Speaking and writing aren't necessarily the same. I employed a friend whose parents were raised in Puerto Rico for a similar project. She spoke it at home but learned English as her primary language. Because of this, her grammar and punctuation in writing Spanish were rather poor and I heard about it when I posted the work.

Since you mentioned Spanish and Mexican (which is Spanish btw), I suspect your project may involve cross border topics or circumstances. In that context, consider including some TexMex, which can be an entertaining combination of espanól and southern gringo.

Since you mentioned Spanish and Mexican (which is Spanish btw),
I’m aware, someone from Tijuana and someone from Madrid may well understand each other, but they don’t speak exactly the same. Same way as Americans and English people.
I suspect your project may involve cross border topics or circumstances. In that context, consider including some TexMex, which can be an entertaining combination of espanól and southern gringo.
The relevant sections are either deep in Mexico, or in California.

Emily

Back