Android Malfunction (Closed)

She took the initiative now, but there was little reason for him to resist. He used to think he wouldn’t like these all that much. So insensitive of his partner. She does all this work to get him to feel pleasure, and he was sure girls wouldn’t get the pleasure in return. But when she latched her lips to his member, any thoughts to the contrary were gone. In fact any thoughts were gone. All that was left was the pleasure.

Despite the apparent youth and the hint of inexperience in all other ways she existed, she moved fluidly and confidently. The taught texture of her lips, the soft pressure of her tongue, even the gentle ridges of her mouth gave extraordinary sensations through his flesh. His cock strained against the recovery the effort the old boy put in over the last day; but her attention was so good that the old boy stood his ground and kept steady even through her attentions should have made him trigger nearly immediately.

His hands found her wet hair, caressing the electric colored strands. Their silkiness no less deteriorated by the cleaning; and as he stroked her scalp and helped her movements he marveled at how much she felt both young and sensual. His fingers brushed against the access panel on her neck; and instantly he was reminded of her true nature. Android, machine and flesh.

Remember that, he tried to think, Remember what she is. He tried, tried hard, but thoughts left him quickly - except for one - a warning.

“I’m …. I’m coming,” he warned.

He had a few breaths left, then the eruption, the finish. And a long groan of relief from his lips.

Gardenia gulped down all of his seed as he emptied himself into her throat. She loved the feeling of his hand on her head as she pleased him, however she felt his fingers touch over the cover of her acess panel. For the first time, she felt self conscious about it. She hated that it was there and wished that it was like any normal girl.

She made sure to clean off every last drop from his cock. The taste was surprising but she didn't mind it. She stood up, smiling, and turned off the shower and grabbed two towels, one for each. First Gardenia dried the remaining water drops on his body. She started with his shoulders, chest, arms, and continued to work her way down until she finished and wrapped the towel around him before she started to dry herself off. Soon the two were wearing matching terrycloth outfits.

Gardenias body still felt like it was on fire. She wanted nothing more than to stay in bed all day with Axel, but they had to go see what was up with Koda. Going back to the main room, Gardenia found the bags of clothes she got yesterday. It was still cold out, so she had to dress warmly. After putting on a white bra and striped panties, she rooted through the bag and found some warm leggings, a skirt, and a black sweater that said "PIZZA, WiFi, NAPS". To finish the outfit she put on a pair of stylish winter boots. It was a completely different look from yesterday's 'doll' look. Then she pulled her damp white hair up into a bun (making sure her hair covered her access panel).

"I'm ready." She smiled at him. The boots gave her a little more height, now she was at eye level with him. She got up and took a couple steps. It was then that she realized she never worn anything on her feet that had such a high heel. Thankfully the shoes were wedge heels and she was quickly able to gain balance.

Even on the taller shoes, she seemed to be in control of her balance. For a moment he considered whether or not the shoes where designed for such weight control that someone can handle that, or Gardenia was designed with balancing flywheels to control her body to overcome new challenges like that.

In the end, he just liked the idea she was eye level with him.

“You are so cute,” he responded to her and gave her a quick kiss on the nose. “Let’s go.”

Dressed in his own blue jeans, bland/far less witty t-shirt, and leather coat; he took her hand and headed out onto the street. The snows of the night before generally melted, but left a wet chill in the air to mix with the general grey gloom of the sky. He walked her down to the metro station, gave her a quick lesson on getting through a turnstile, and hopped the train to get them to Kodas.

When Koda opened the door she had an urgent, but devilish smile on her face. Quickly she ushered them in saying to Gardenia, “You are so cute,” mirroring Axel’s sentiments. But as soon as Gardenia passed, Koda leaned in and took a deep sniff of Axel.

“Quit it,” he snapped. “We showered.”

“I bet you did,” Koda smirked. “Hopefully she did too.”

Axel held back on what they really did in the shower and instead just sighed. “Okay, we’re here, what do you got?”

"Ok, ok," Koda shooed them into the living room. Her place was not only in a different side of town. Her apartment was a two bedroom. Much bigger than Axels studio. I'm the living room was her TV and all of her gaming consuls. She ushered them to sit down while she tried to figure out how to begin.

"Alright, so you know how I copied the files we found in Gardenia? Well all last night I've been... experimenting. I put a copy of Genesis in this cheap robot my uncle gave me forever ago. Anyways, nothing happened. I cleared out all the original files, reinstalled that file, still nothing. Made sure there was enough memory, added more to be sure, still nothing." Even though she was talking about failures, it was clear that there was more to her experiment.

"What were you trying to do?" Gardenia asked, however she seemed to already know with how hesitant she was in the way she asked.

"I wanted to see if your personality was preprogrammed or if... if..." Koda laughed softly. "It's amazing really. Gardenia, you are amazing!"

Gardenia was confused by the declaration from Koda. Before she could ask anything else, she continued.

"I was about to give up last night, but that broken brain scan... it's not broken, at least not on the sense that I thought it was. Axel... the brain scan, Lilly... it's basically a map. It is a complete digital brain but it's a blank slate. I uploaded the scan into the bot, and ran Genesis INSIDE of the Lilly file and the bot woke up. I mean it acted like it was waking and then like it was seeing everything for the first time. It's completely nuts, but whoever made this program... they legitimately designed consciousness! I haven't even shown you yet, wait here."

Gardenia was still processing what Koda was saying. Everything she was feeling or doing wasn't something that was programmed into her... the Gardenia she was now, at this moment was what developed... naturally. The little droid was quiet as they waited for Koda to return.

Koda had went to the second room that she used as an office. "Ok, Phillip. Come on out. No, not you. Not yet!"

"Miss Koda, it would be rude not to address our guests!" Another, more robot sounding voice could be heard. There was a bit of a scuffle before Koda finally returned with a little hot pink, plastic looking robot. The 'face' was a little screen that lit up shapes of eyes and a mouth. Of course the Lit up eyes didn't actually function, there was a camera right above the screen.

Koda gently put Phillip down on the coffee table. "Axel and Gardenia, this is Phillip. Phillip, say hello."

The little bot turned to Gardenia and bowed... then turned to Axel and hissed.

"Phillip!" Koda scolded.

The little bot muttered a mumbled a hello while crossing its arms and facing its back to Axel. "Don't take it personally, he seems to not like other males."

"How do you know that?"

"I had a shipment come to my door this morning... he might have scared the postman."

Axel rubbed his temple, trying to comprehend what Koda was saying, because the usually level headed and focused Koda was breaching a concept that was as out there as any geeky syfy nerd has suggested. All the while he had the very real task at seeing not just one, but two examples of the gap to accept what she stated.

“Consciousness,” he repeated. “I mean, we aren’t talking about crossing artificial intelligence and mimicry of human emotions, are we?”

The very robotic bot gave a second hiss, as it slid further away from him almost finding a place to hide behind Koda.

Axel in returned glaced between the bot and Gardenia. “I guess I just assumed that part of the reason she was able to be a different emotional context was because of the influence of the physical human form.” Axel was feeling a little awkward about speaking of Gardenia like this, and said as so quickly. “Sorry,” he stated to her, “I know you aren’t … just a bot or anything … but … this is … I don’t know.”

He looked back at Koda, “Am I getting this right, someone wrote a map towards cognitive conscious thinking? Like not just intelligence, but emotional intelligence? Like … humanizing?”

Phillip hissed again, seemingly unhappy with being the source of such questions.

Axel then asked, “Or is he just a cat.”

"Philip, behave." Koda commanded. The bot essentially pouted and settled down and ended up going off, finding something more interesting to do. "Sorry, he's sort of in the toddler stage." She commented but then quickly realized she would have to explain.

"Oh, to answer your question, yes! Someone has basically created functional digital humanity... well they were either close to it. I think when you went tinkering into Gardenia's head you must have finished an incomplete sequence of code or something or put it back in order." Koda would have to ask him what he did exactly to figure out more clearly what happened.

"So for Gardenia, before the file was introduced to her, she still held her memory from when she was just a driod. She's still able to do all the things she could do before but now... Gardenia would be the first artificial human."

Gardenia was in a bit of a haze as Koda was explaining how she went from driod to something more. It was a lot to take in. If anyone else had been listening to Koda they would have written her off as some crazy person. Koda, up until this point had been extremely level headed and made it clear what she though Gardenia was.

"Phillip is different. I completely wiped him clean before starting the file in him. When he started he didn't know what anything was, couldn't talk. He can't feel physically like Gardenia can but he was still reacting to physical contact. He can understand people now. Since it is a program, the ability to learn faster is one way they are different."

"They?" Gardenia asked. Was Koda referring to her and Phillip as they or...

"Oh, I tested the program on two others." Koda responded coolly.

"Two others?" Gardenia asked, rather shocked. Koda really had been busy. Looking at her closer she noticed how frazzled the girl looked. Did she get any sleep the night before?

"I needed to make sure it wasn't some kind of fluke and make sure that the program didn't just make more Phillips or more yous. It's been fascinating really. Would you like to meet them?" Before Gardenia could answer Koda went out the room and opened the same door as before.

"You can come out now."

Out came two other droids. They were full sized and clearly older models. Made to look human but it was clear they were. Their robotic frames and wires were covered in a silicone layer of flesh. One was male, the other female. They looked like life sized dolls. When they spoke their voices had sounded not quite human. The girl was dressed in Kodas clothes, but the male had a standard covering most droids would wear.

"I call them Lord and Lady. I suppose more proper names might be appropriate in the future."

"Greetings!" Lord exclaimed. "It is a pleasure to meet you both. I apologize for not greeting you at the door but Ms. Koda insisted that we stay hidden."

"Hello," Lady stood a little behind Lord. Gardenia noticed that the girls eyes were different they were green but the pupils were almost diamond shaped? Like cat eyes. Her hair was short and black. It looked like a wig, probably was. The older droids features were that their owners could customize how they looked and could change it whenever they wanted.

"I kept all the memory and files in Lord and Lady. When they both woke they started to just go about as normal but with some differences. Slowly they started to become more aware." Koda explained.

"We're different now," Lady spoke softly. Lord had went and started making tea. Koda explained that Lord was a previously owned assisted living droid. Lady had been a companion droid for a family with three girls. Lady moved closer and wedged herself on the couch between Gardenia and Axel. She turned to Gardenia.

"You're Gardenia? Ms. Koda told us that you're like us, but you don't look like us." Lady noted. Before Gardenia could respond, Lord came back in with a tray. Two cups of tea and a plate of cookies.

"Why didn't you bring me some?" Lady asked.

"We can't drink tea," he replied.

"Still would have been nice to be offered."

Axel rubbed his head slowly, like his fingers could do something to make comprehension easier.

“Hold on, hold on,” he murmured. “This is a little much. I think.” He took a longer moment, breathing in slowly to capture his own conscience. The edges of his reasoning were being challenged, and challenged faster than he could manage it.

He stared at Lord and Lady, flabbergasted by the seeming ease the two clearly artificial machines were grasping their surroundings. It was easy to grasp some sort of humanity in Gardenia, because she was flesh and bone, part of a cloned creature mixed with the electronics … electronics that you couldn’t feel. But this was different.

“Artificial humanity?’ he asked. “I mean, I guess that the software for artificial intelligence makes it possible for something to learn the mannerisms of humanity, but humanity itself? Artificial emotional intelligence isn’t approachable by current technology … not the way that …” He trailed off looking at the evidence of this impossibility right in front of him.

It was at this point when something else soaked in.

“This is going to be trouble, isn’t it. Whoever created this … they are on something big. Bigger than just us. Not just that, but there ain’t a layperson out there that will accept this openly. It’s one thing to have a robot to cook your dinner and clean your pipes … so to speak. But it’s for the masses to look at the work where they will be surrounded by humanity created by humanity.”

Gardenia didn't know what to do or say. Kota was saying she was human. Was she really? She looked at her hands and then to the other droids. This was so strange. It was easier to think that something was wrong with her or defective. The only defect she seemed to have was free will. Gardenia might not have been human for long, but she knew real humans probably would never accept that.

She looked at Axel. Her chest felt tight. He seemed to be struggling with the thought too.

"Are you alright, Miss?" Lord asked. Lady was quiet for the moment. "I... yes... maybe."

"Axel... I don't know what to think. We have no clear knowledge of how Gardenia ended up with you. Maybe her previous owner thought their project failed, maybe someone took her and tried to do whatever they were trying to do and then tried to get rid of the evidence? All I know is that if anyone else finds out about this they are gonna take her to a lab and study her. Disect her. Or they just might destroy her."

To be human was to be aware of your mortality. It was then that Gardenia supposed she truly was human as the thought of ceasing to exist and life being taken from her shook her to the core.

Axel took it all in, taking long deep breaths and casting glances between Koda, Lord, and Lady. The ideas of some artificial humanity seemed a far cry from anything he envisioned anyone was working on. The concept that a machine, a physical manifestation of gearing, circuit boards, and codes could be anything but the result of programming a person.

Still, there she was.

The sweet little creature that was so much human flesh and human emotions that he routinely forgot everything about her being anything but.

Koda was right, though, whether this was an accident or on purpose there would be more people and more organizations that would want to cut her to pieces than to leave her whole. They wouldn’t get that her humanity was the golden eggs, and cutting up the goose would leave them with nothing. Moreso, it would take away everything from him.

“Well,” he stated, “first things first, no one is going to dissect Gardenia. No matter what happens, I do what ever it takes to keep her safe.”

Koda gave a little smirk and nodded. “Good news is, no one seems to be looking for her. Also, it will be easy to hide her in plain sight for the most part. I mean, she looks like a human, not an andriod. The only thing strange about her is that she seems to want to act like your girlfriend, and no one who knows you would believe any human girl would want that.”

Axel rolled his eyes, “anyway … what’s the plan?”

Gardenia was relieved that Axel and Koda didn't want to let anyone take her apart. Her hand reached for Axel's and she held it tight and thought about how his hand felt in hers. The size, how warm his hand felt in hers. She wanted to remember, even if it was something so small as holding his hand. If something out of their control did happen she wanted to remember what it felt like to hold his hand, his scent, the way his lips felt when he kissed her. But it just wasn't Axel that she wanted to remember. She wanted to remember Koda too, but it wasn't in the same way she wanted to remember Koda.

Koda teased Axel about how she wanted to be his girlfriend and her cheeks flushed a little. Hopefully she looked to Axel, hoping to see a positive reaction from his friends observation but he seemed to brush the subject off. She couldn't tell if this was good or bad.

"Well," Koda crossed her arms and leaned back against the wall. "She looks human and no one is looking for her... for now. I have some suggestions but I don't know how willing Gardenia would be to it."

The little droid looked up to her human friend, waiting for her to explain.

"How would you feel about a makeover?"

"A makeover?" She asked. She knew what it was but she didn't know what she had in mind.

"Yeah. Just in case someone recognizes your model. I mean you could always play it off that your the original girl who they modeled you after but that could be a bit dicey. I think changing your look for a little while would be best... which is a shame because I love your hair."

Upon mentioning her Gardenias locks, she did probably gave the most human girl reaction and protectively held her hair in her hands. "What do you plan on doing to my hair?" She asked a bit worried.

"Cut and dye?" Koda said it as a statement but it came out as a question. "Also I noticed you don't have your ears pierced. We could get you some makeup to wear. If we really want to get deep into this... she needs to be documented. Right now she basically doesn't exist. If this was the 1990s or early 2000s we could get a fake birth certificate and ID with no problem... now a days trying to create a new alysis is near to impossible. We would need someone who works in the government or an extremely good hacker..."

Axel raised a finger to his lip, and chewed on the nail. He knew what needed to be said, but knew it wasn’t going to over very well. “There’s Chuckie.”

“No,” Koda blurted.

“Come on, you know he can do it.”

“Hack into the government? I don’t think so.”

Axel shrugged, “well you know that he’d know someone who could.”

“Yeah,” she complained, “but at what cost.”

“Come on, it’s nothing.”

“Nothing?” Koda blurted. “Last month, I asked him to trace back a virus, and he said he would only do it if I sent him pictures of my boobs. The guy’s a little pervert.”

“What, two minutes of showing skin to a camera, and we get everything we want.”

“And every time I see him looking at me after that, I know that he is picturing me naked.”

Axel poked Koda in the shoulder. “You won’t see him ever again. Why’d leave the house when he can just jack off at your picture.” She didn’t quite like that joke. “Besides, what if we offer him code from Lord and Lady. I mean, if he leaks it or gives it to the wrong person - then all the suspicion falls on them, right?”

Koda looked suspicious.

“Take care of the makeover, I’ll work on Chuckie. He won’t know you or your boobs are involved.”

Back