Although It Prevailed, Justice Was Not Swift

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry

Godson, childhood friend convicted of gunning down Jam Master Jay two decades after Run DMC co-founder’s murder​

By
Social Links forKyle Schnitzer
Published Feb. 27, 2024
Updated Feb. 27, 2024, 3:49 p.m. ET

Two men charged with gunning down Run-DMC’s Jam Master Jay in New York City more than 20 years ago were convicted Tuesday of the hip-hop icon’s long-unsolved slaying.

Ronald Washington, 59, and Karl Jordan Jr., 40, were found guilty by a Brooklyn federal jury of murdering the 37-year-old Jason Mizell inside his Queens music studio in what prosecutors said was a crime “motivated by greed and revenge.”

Washington, Mizell’s childhood friend, and Jordan, his godson, each face between 20 years-to-life behind bars at their sentencing.

The verdict followed a four-week trial in which jurors heard from several witnesses who recounted the moment the pair killed the legendary DJ inside his cramped 24/7 Studio in Hollis on Oct. 30, 2002.

More here: https://nypost.com/2024/02/27/us-ne...two-decades-after-run-dmc-co-founders-murder/

In the end, justice was delayed but it was not denied.

Celebrating the death of Negroes is just about the only thing left that brings pleasure to your life, amiright?

Celebrating the death of Negroes is just about the only thing left that brings pleasure to your life, amiright?
Homeboy must've been super bored today with an absolute dry outrage talking points bulletin board to post this.

It's likely he doesn't even know who Run DMC is beyond name recognition from pop culture, but I am totally certain he doesn't give a damn about Black hip-hop artists in general.

Kick off shoes, jump on the rock
Listen to the jam master as he starts to rock
His name is Jay and he's on the way
To be the best DJ in the US of A

trump supporters don't believe in justice, vetteman. stick to the script!
Exactly. I know how the O.P. thinks. He isn't happy about "justice being served." He IS happy that one black man is dead and another is in prison. He has never cared about justice or the rule of law and he never will.

Kick off shoes, jump on the rock
Listen to the jam master as he starts to rock
His name is Jay and he's on the way
To be the best DJ in the US of A
Jay's like King Midas, as I was told
Everything that he touched, turned to gold
He's the greatest of the great, get it straight he's great
Playing fame cause his name is known in every state
His name is Jay to see him play will make you say
"Goddamn, that DJ made my day"

Back