Ah, spring...

It's been almost a full month since the last snow. Temps--with a few exceptions--have hovered between 35 and 58. The rain and drizzle has been almost non-stop, making this past month a dreary, sloppy, icky reminder of the moodiness of Ma Nature.

Today, I awoke to birds singing, ciccadas humming, the sun shining. It's 65 and glorious with a high expected near 85. Dare we hope? Dare we name it out loud?

SPRING!

At long last. Now, if only it will hold out through the weekend. My pasty skin needs sun and my yard needs work. There's landscaping to do and trees that need planting.

If you're a believer, pray. If you're not a believer, cross your fingers. If you're a terminal pessimist, be untrue to your nature and hope.

:D
 
It's been almost a full month since the last snow. Temps--with a few exceptions--have hovered between 35 and 58. The rain and drizzle has been almost non-stop, making this past month a dreary, sloppy, icky reminder of the moodiness of Ma Nature.

Today, I awoke to birds singing, ciccadas humming, the sun shining. It's 65 and glorious with a high expected near 85. Dare we hope? Dare we name it out loud?

SPRING!

At long last. Now, if only it will hold out through the weekend. My pasty skin needs sun and my yard needs work. There's landscaping to do and trees that need planting.

If you're a believer, pray. If you're not a believer, cross your fingers. If you're a terminal pessimist, be untrue to your nature and hope.

:D

Pretty weather hit us late last week. Yesterday the high was supposed to be 80, but it got all the way up to 86. Entire weekend is supposed to be pretty, but I wish the temps would stay in SPRING range and not hit summer range already. I would like to have a little bit of spring before summer comes.
 
Want to trade houses for a few days? We're having our first pre-summer heat-and-humdity wave here in coastal Georgia; it's barely begun and it's already miserable. Even dogs don't want to move.

I hate summers in the South.
 
Want to trade houses for a few days? We're having our first pre-summer heat-and-humdity wave here in coastal Georgia; it's barely begun and it's already miserable. Even dogs don't want to move.

I hate summers in the South.

Sure, two months of taunting us with tales of warm weather, singing birds, and flowers, while we froze through snow and ice storms and now you want us to move. :rolleyes: It's just finally thinking about being nice here. :D
 
83°F here today with a nice sun shining down as I did some more painting.

The beaches are loaded with sweet young things in less fabric than is contained in my well worn bandana.

Man I love this weather.

Cat
 
We hit 86 today. Right now it's 82. There's a hell of a little wind blowing through the house. I have it open wide to get as much fresh air as possible. Still hoping it holds through tomorrow so I can actually get started on my yard. It needs lots of work.
 
The low today was 32-ish. Which sucked to leave for work this morning.

The highest I saw today was 67, but it possibly hit 70. I'll take it :D
 
It's supposed to be in the mid- to high-eighties in Charlotte. Good thing the hotel is air conditioned!
 
High of 82f...low of 72f...cloudless day with bright sunshine...beach was beeyootiful this AM...platoons of scantily clad, unbeliveably ripe, breathtaking examples of nubile female flesh cavorting in the water and lying on blankets.

Y'know, it hurts when you step on your tongue...sandy too...yuck! ;)
 
High of 82f...low of 72f...cloudless day with bright sunshine...beach was beeyootiful this AM...platoons of scantily clad, unbeliveably ripe, breathtaking examples of nubile female flesh cavorting in the water and lying on blankets.

Y'know, it hurts when you step on your tongue...sandy too...yuck! ;)

Oh, shut up, you. I hope a gator bites you on the butt. :p

Good night, everyone.
 
The temperature here just peaked at 91 F a few minutes ago. It's a fucking beautiful summer afternoon, in Spring!

It's so nice out I drove to the mall and back (45 minutes each way) with the T-tops off the car.

I also had to place my air condition back into my bedroom window so that it is bearable to sit at my computer again and report to you all on this awesome situation :D

It's fucking beautiful out! :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
 
After a few days in the 90's it has cooled down to 74. Nice sunny day here.

Buth then it is "Claifornia", :D
 
Here in England, the spring is well under way. The trees are beginning to leaf, the Daffodils are almost over and the air is crisp under an azure sky.
That was last week.
Of course, when is stop raining. . . .
 
I'm a little well done around the edges--thank heavens for aloe. tons of plants and landscaping materials were purchased. One small project is completed and all post winter cleanup is done.

I lost 3 rose bushes, 2 sage bushes and one tree to the weather. Countless other trees and bushes have suffered serious damage. My ancient wisteria--long ago trained into a tree--was damage so badly that I had to cut away half of it.

When I was done, I was covered in muck and mud, there was dirt under my nails and my hair was plastered to my head with sweat. I love gardening. :D
 
It's warm and pleasant in Charlotte. We ate at the Fox and Hounds. I had the best pot roast . . . yum.
 


GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS!
​

The pollen's so thick here that my bicycle tires look like they're coated in dust.

The peepers have come and gone. We're way past forsythia, jonquils, magnolia and daffodils, though the cherry trees are still carrying their blossoms. The damn birds are making such a dawn-to-dusk racket that I'm sorely tempted to dispatch a few of 'em. Expectant mothers are busily seeking the perfect nest sites. The tulip poplars are blossoming with lilac and azalea not far behind. The tree leaves just popped within the last week. It'll be a month afore the Junebugs make their appearance. The pileated woodpeckers have made their cameo appearance; the marsh hawks and red hawks are soaring.

The spring steeplechases are o'er and done. It's high lacrosse season and half the boats are back in the water. The osprey are just settling in.


 
Apparently, it was warmer here (low 90s) last weekend than it was in Orlando (where Bel & I were attending a convention).

Yesterday was gorgeous -- sunny & upper 80s. Rain for the next 3 days, now. Hope there are a few midday T-storms. :devil:
 
Mid to high 80's for a week, nice breeze :D
My cars have a nice sheen of oak pollen yellow on them :eek:
Market goers are very happy. :D
There are happy buyers here which means you should see nice new stuff in your local furniture stores in 2 months or so. :D
 
Should anyone find themselves in Charlotte, go over to the Fourth Ward and check out AlMike's Tavern. Best food I've found here, so far. This is not a bad town to chow down!
 
Back
Top