25 Years Ago

Yeah, it was only a matter of days before the right-wingers started accusing anyone to the left of Atilla the Hun of supporting the terrorists.
 
I remember Giuliani and Bush and their responses, which I thought were amazing.
( Giuliani defending Muslims was stark compared to his current stance )

My entire workplace ignored phone calls because we were glued to the TV. The management had to shut operations down for the day.
 
Yeah, it was only a matter of days before the right-wingers started accusing anyone to the left of Atilla the Hun of supporting the terrorists.
To be fair I was starting to think that too. Maybe I was a full fledged neocon back then but I was also a veteran and was in full support of fighting terrorists in whatever cave they were hiding in.

I remember stopping at a convenience store when I left work early and told the aging hippie clerk "Crazy world we live in huh?" And his response was "Well maybe we will finally stop stirring things up everywhere " I wanted to punch him in the face but just let it go and hoped he was an anomaly. But it seemed like a lot of Democrats were a lot like him. So I became a Republican again.
 
I remember Giuliani and Bush and their responses, which I thought were amazing.
( Giuliani defending Muslims was stark compared to his current stance )

My entire workplace ignored phone calls because we were glued to the TV. The management had to shut operations down for the day.
Muslims are a cancer on America....how else can you put it?
 
Muslims are a cancer on America....how else can you put it?
Giuliani defended them in 2001. Maybe review his speeches for reference.

Freedom of religion is at the core of.our country's founding
 
To be fair I was starting to think that too. Maybe I was a full fledged neocon back then but I was also a veteran and was in full support of fighting terrorists in whatever cave they were hiding in.

I remember stopping at a convenience store when I left work early and told the aging hippie clerk "Crazy world we live in huh?" And his response was "Well maybe we will finally stop stirring things up everywhere " I wanted to punch him in the face but just let it go and hoped he was an anomaly. But it seemed like a lot of Democrats were a lot like him. So I became a Republican again.
I was in my junior year of high school in Pflugerville, Texas and it was during second period when the news came.
 
9/11 … the largest maritime evacuation in history. Hundreds of thousands of people were stranded in lower Manhattan, but ferries answered the call to get them out.

The 9/11 Boatlift, 25 Years Later: How workboats evacuated lower Manhattan

With bridges and tunnels closed and hundreds of thousands of people stranded in Lower Manhattan, commercial mariners joined the U.S. Coast Guard, police, fire and other responders in an improvised evacuation by water. Tugboats, ferries, sightseeing vessels, government boats, and other craft converged on the Manhattan waterfront to carry people to safety.

According to current U.S. Coast Guard historical accounts, more than 500,000 people were evacuated from Manhattan by water in less than eight hours, making it the largest maritime evacuation in recorded history.
 
Giuliani defended them in 2001. Maybe review his speeches for reference.

Freedom of religion is at the core of.our country's founding
Hijacking’s airplanes and killing 1000s of people is not exercising freedom of religion
 
Well on a bright side. Hopefully that toxic shit that's in my body will kill me before I actually have to witness the total destruction of this country.

🙄

And there “you” are…

(The real “you”.)

😳 😑 🤬

We. Told. Them. So.

🌷
 
To be fair I was starting to think that too. Maybe I was a full fledged neocon back then but I was also a veteran and was in full support of fighting terrorists in whatever cave they were hiding in.

I remember stopping at a convenience store when I left work early and told the aging hippie clerk "Crazy world we live in huh?" And his response was "Well maybe we will finally stop stirring things up everywhere " I wanted to punch him in the face but just let it go and hoped he was an anomaly. But it seemed like a lot of Democrats were a lot like him. So I became a Republican again.

I remember a lot more screaming from the right about people like that than actual people like that. Even the most left-wing people I knew saw a distinction inasmuch as whatever evils the US might have had its finger in overseas over the years, we had never directly targeted civilians like 9/11 did.
 
I remember a lot more screaming from the right about people like that than actual people like that. Even the most left-wing people I knew saw a distinction inasmuch as whatever evils the US might have had its finger in overseas over the years, we had never directly targeted civilians like 9/11 did.
Maybe. But I had a friend who was similar. He never got over the Supreme Court basically deciding the 2000 election and decided whatever George W Bush did he was against. Even asking him "So should we do nothing?" Yep do nothing. He voted for John Kerry. I voted for W. Even though I completely knew the Swift Boat thing was complete bullshit.
 
Maybe. But I had a friend who was similar. He never got over the Supreme Court basically deciding the 2000 election and decided whatever George W Bush did he was against.
Neither did I, but it was easy to be against Bush's reaction to the attacks on its own (lack of) merits. I was not in any way opposed to attacking Afghanistan, or Saudi Arabia (home to fifteen of the hijackers) while we were at it. But Iraq?
 
Back
Top