Poets in the Vault

Liar

now with 17% more class
Out of sheer boredom I decided to go for a spin today. Hitting the Spinner feature in the poetry categories, I mean. And out of pure luck I stumbled upon a true gem of a poet that I had completely forgotten about.

I'll plunge back and find more forgotten Lit poets. If you have any that you think deserves some reading, something that you think newer ducks in the pond might enjoy reading, post them in this thread.

#L

-------------------------------------------

Finding #1: No Bagles

Odd name, odd poetry.

As always it's hard to say if it's someone who just came, posted a few poems, got bored and left, or of it's a temporary alt for a more seasoned Litster. Either way I found the poems very good and refreshing. The guy's name is No Bagles, and his writing spans from witty humor to sincere beauty. All with a Cummings-esque playfulness.

Of his 11 poems here, my favourites are the loving Pen in hand, hesitating, the sexy conversation piece Anti Philosophy, the bittersweet Sky and the hilarious Zoochology.

The rest ain't bad either. Check 'em out.

Liar said:
Out of sheer boredom I decided to go for a spin today. Hitting the Spinner feature in the poetry categories, I mean. And out of pure luck I stumbled upon a true gem of a poet that I had completely forgotten about.

I'll plunge back and find more forgotten Lit poets. If you have any that you think deserves some reading, something that you think newer ducks in the pond might enjoy reading, post them in this thread.

#L

-------------------------------------------

Finding #1: No Bagles

Odd name, odd poetry.

As always it's hard to say if it's someone who just came, posted a few poems, got bored and left, or of it's a temporary alt for a more seasoned Litster. Either way I found the poems very good and refreshing. The guy's name is No Bagles, and his writing spans from witty humor to sincere beauty. All with a Cummings-esque playfulness.

Of his 11 poems here, my favourites are the loving Pen in hand, hesitating, the sexy conversation piece Anti Philosophy, the bittersweet Sky and the hilarious Zoochology.

The rest ain't bad either. Check 'em out.

I remember his poems. He is good.

And this is an excellent idea for a thread, Liar. I'ma try it. :)

:rose:

I spun and came up with a wonderful poem by Owera. I had forgotten how much I like this poet. I would definitely recommend Citrus Lake, Azul, Translated, which is a Mexican poem translated from Spanish, and The Curandero (The curer), though really you can't go wrong with anything by this poet. It's all worth reading, all thoughtful, provocative and beautifully constructed.

Finding #2: Quietpoly

Some poets I just bloody like. Quietpoly is one of them. She does not use any advanced techniques and metaphorical devices in her writing, and the language is often very basic. But instead of making it feel limited, it makes it (at least to me) feel honest. Somehow, the lines just come out very well balanced and with a disarming sincerity. Some writers seems to be born with an empathy that shines through in everything they do.

Some highlights:

The Perversity of Being Human
Something as unusual as a political rant that never crossed the line into sillyness.

Morning
It takes a special kind of observer to pinpoint the heartwarming beauty of the mundane everyday this well, and a special kind of poet to pass it on in such a simple way.

Insomnia
Funny, slightly mental and very spot on.

Fate
Almost calligraphic in style. An exotic scene elegantly painted with words.

great poems thank you guys for the wonderful way to learn from others... keep spinning
du~

Angeline said:
I remember his poems. He is good.

And this is an excellent idea for a thread, Liar. I'ma try it. :)

:rose:
This is what I do when can't actually write. :rolleyes:

Thanks for contributing. Owera is a real gem.

PatCarrington said:
here's someone whose poetry i really miss.

he's got a ton.

pick any one, or two, or ...

jd4george

Oh, Pat! You are dead on! I don't think he ever wrote a bad poem!
This one, especially. One of my all time favorites!
This Sanguine Water So evocative...

Where is he? Has anyone heard? I miss him... and I don't admit that very often!

BooMerengue said:

I agree. I miss him.
Sent an e-mail last week.
No response.
*Sighs*
Miss his pointers, and commentary on
* What ya might want to try *

Huggs goin out to jd4george ~~~

:)

I have to post this one.

One of my Very Fav's.

My Toy ~ By : TimpleMinded

I love her writing.
She can gripp ya ... then Blow ya away
with one lil word. Just wonderfulll~!!

RhymeFairy said:
I have to post this one.

One of my Very Fav's.

My Toy ~ By : TimpleMinded

I love her writing.
She can gripp ya ... then Blow ya away
with one lil word. Just wonderfulll~!!

Thanks for that RF, I can't believe i missed that one, it's a cracker... :)

Finding #3: Sinsualmind

A poet with a voice and style that is very disctincively hers. Sinsualmind's poetry is a playful, bouncy flow of counciousness filled with rhythm and pace, puns, wordplay, onomapoetics and rhymes. Passionate, personal, sexy, smart. And totally, shamelessly devoid of all moderation. Gotta love that. :)

My favorites include the two candyfests Suga and Chocolate In Between, sultry Jazz, The Way I Know It and the most rauchy poetry poem ever; Turned Out By A Muse, where this excerpt is from:
he put me on all meta-4's and
licked a tongue twisted freestyle
on my clit
put his tongue in the
ass of this poet
and had me reciting
unwritten writings
and calling in UFO citings
because this sexual
Unification is Fuckin' Outrageous
highly contageious
and i'm catching feelings
.....do they have a cure for that yet?​

Liar said:
Finding #3: Sinsualmind

A poet with a voice and style that is very disctincively hers. Sinsualmind's poetry is a playful, bouncy flow of counciousness filled with rhythm and pace, puns, wordplay, onomapoetics and rhymes. Passionate, personal, sexy, smart. And totally, shamelessly devoid of all moderation. Gotta love that. :)

My favorites include the two candyfests Suga and Chocolate In Between, sultry Jazz, The Way I Know It and the most rauchy poetry poem ever; Turned Out By A Muse, where this excerpt is from:
he put me on all meta-4's and
licked a tongue twisted freestyle
on my clit
put his tongue in the
ass of this poet
and had me reciting
unwritten writings
and calling in UFO citings
because this sexual
Unification is Fuckin' Outrageous
highly contageious
and i'm catching feelings
.....do they have a cure for that yet?​

liar,

i remember thinking once or twice that sinsualmind's poetry reminded me of yours, in many spots and ways.

i like it a lot, as i do yours.

PatCarrington said:
liar,

i remember thinking once or twice that sinsualmind's poetry reminded me of yours, in many spots and ways.
Probably why I dig it. She writes like I wish I could write when I'm in that kind of mood.

Liar said:
Probably why I dig it. She writes like I wish I could write when I'm in that kind of mood.

Ok I will give it a spin. Need a lil inspiration this am.
Also, gotta say. This is a great Thread to come to to do that.
Get inspiration. I go, read and write ... Great concept.

* Grins *

Me ~

Haven't seen this poet around for a while, I must email him and see where he's been. I love his work!... :)

Seeker n finder

Go check him out if you haven't already... :cathappy:

I gave it a spin. Came up with

Neonurotic

This poet has been an inspiration and joy to read. I love just about everything he writes. You want deep penetrating thoughts, a slow witty poem, or get down- throw down erotica. He has it all, and it's damned good !!! So go read any, they are all great ~

:rose: :catroar: :devil: ;) :)

RF~

CharleyH said:
Poets get bored? :confused:

What kind of poet is that? ;)
I'm only a part time poet. Most of the time I'm a zoned out college kid in need of a good lay.

Liar said:
I'm only a part time poet. Most of the time I'm a zoned out college kid in need of a good lay.
Since your full-time gig is actually research for your poetry, you can probably deduct the cost of your tuition from your earnings as a poet for tax reasons.

And speaking of lost poets, Foehn wrote some good ones last winter. I liked Cat Notices the Sky’s Throat

Tzara said:
I agree. Foehn is awesome. Check out also "Mr. Allen Ginsberg."

small case - foehn
I agree, plus he wacked my ass so badly on a submission, I pulled it - he was right.

Reading this - Senna? You are right, some do not deserve to be submitted. I used it for spare parts.

I stumbled across one from long before my time...

But I was drawn into the feel and taste of this poem... Unagi by Dedpoet. The sensual appeal of this poem is amazing...

k.

BooMerengue said:

I was thrilled when he asked to use my line in this challenge. He said that he would even attempt to publish it somewhere. I'd like to know what happened. This one brought tears to my eyes.

Good stuff. Good stuff indeed.

Back