HELP:Posting pictures rather than attatchments

I think I can help

First it needs to be hosted someonwhere else on the web meaning another website or online storage. And you need the url or the address of just the picture

Then you can use the vB Code thing above in the reply section, the IMG button

or use these

[ IMG]Url of the Picture[ /IMG]

Remove the spaces out from right after the first bracket. But them around the url.
 
To do that, the image must be somewhere on the internet. You simply use the "IMG" button above the reply field, and insert the location of the image there.
 
You're very welcome. I just want to see what you'll be posting ;)
 
I also need help on what is probably an easy task. How do I resize pics in my files or off the web to fit for posting?
 
spyman said:
I also need help on what is probably an easy task. How do I resize pics in my files or off the web to fit for posting?
Irfanview is a very good, basic progarm that will do that for you.

Go here: Irfanview Tutorial

That tutorial is a little bit outdated in consideration of the latest version of Irfanview and it's exact features, but the basics on how to re-size and crop are the same.

Good luck
 
Hey Cyberski,

Thanks for your help, that did the trick!:)
 
spyman said:
Hey Cyberski,

Thanks for your help, that did the trick!:)
Cool :cool:

Enjoy that program. Play around with it and you'll see that it has a ton of neat features for imaging.
 
I hope this works

bridge1.jpg
 
I had noticed pictures in posts, and had no idea how, either.

Many thanks, all.
 
Last edited:
???

I am following instructions, but having problems trying to post pics.

Thanks.

Cranky
 
namron711 said:
I am following instructions, but having problems trying to post pics.

Thanks.

Cranky

Without knowing which pictures you're trying to link, it's hard to analyze why you're having problems.

The most common problems with hotlinking pictures with the IMG tags are:

1: The images are protected in some way -- password protected, hotlink blocked, or otherwise have restricted access.

2: the URL you're trying to link is not a direct URL to an image file. A link that indirectly accesses an image in a database -- like the URL of an attachment -- will NOT work with the IMG tags.
 
Back
Top