How'd you meet your SO?

Color Me Crazy

Experienced
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Posts
42
Hello, all of my fellow Lit-board users!

So here's the deal. I'm a BBW. I'm 19 years old. I haven't been in a serious relationship in over two years, and that was when I was 20 pounds lighter than what I am now. I just started college, and lately I've been getting a little discouraged as to when, or if, I'm ever going to meet anyone who <insert whatever your very special SO does for you> for me.

So how'd you meet him/ her?

Luck? Chance? Through an aquaintance? Was an aquaintance?

Come one, come all.

This lonely girl could go for a real life romance story right about now.


Crazy
 
Originally posted by Color Me Crazy
Hello, all of my fellow Lit-board users!

So here's the deal. I'm a BBW. I'm 19 years old. I haven't been in a serious relationship in over two years, and that was when I was 20 pounds lighter than what I am now. I just started college, and lately I've been getting a little discouraged as to when, or if, I'm ever going to meet anyone who <insert whatever your very special SO does for you> for me.

So how'd you meet him/ her?

Luck? Chance? Through an aquaintance? Was an aquaintance?

Come one, come all.

This lonely girl could go for a real life romance story right about now.


Crazy

Met my SO through a co-worker/frien when I was in the midst of a divorce (from a very abusive guy). I really didn't want to get into any type of relationship with a guy then but I "took a chance" as my friend said and I must say I'm very glad I did.

My SO is the compete opposite of my ex. He' s very supportive, caring, understanding, compassionate, loving and gives me strength when the bad memories come back to haunt me. I never thought I'd be happy with a guy or in any relationship again until he came along. Compatability is the key along with the ability to communicate.

Don't be discouraged...when you least expect it someone will come along and you'll be happy once again. It takes time - before my ex I didn't have a guy in my life at least 3 years.

Hang in there and keep smiling! :rose:
 
My women find me, not I them.

When I want someone, I look and look and look, and get a couple of nibbles that sometimes don't even take some of the worm.

Then when I'm not interested or not available, I start running across women I click with.

My first wife walked into my house with a group of traveling high school teen-agers, then flew down at her expense after inviting herself to spend spring break with me before we graduated college.

My second wife waited at church for over a year for a break to come where she could move in and sweep me off my feet. We married 4 weeks after our first "official" date.

One LTR noticed me while visiting at a girl friend's house while I was there visiting the girl friend's parents, who lived 50 miles away from me. It was a pure accidental crossing of paths. After a couple of months she mailed me a note and then phoned and invited me to come up and see her.

Another LTR found me via a internet matching bulletin board back when everything was still free. I was already casually dating someone who picked me up at a single's function and I had forgotten to take down my posting. She invited herself over for a first date with expressed intention of sex, and 2 weeks later I moved in with her.

My current wife found my by searching Yahoo! profiles (not personals) for people in her town. I had a link to a home page with pictures of my kids, resume, wisdom and cute sayings, etc. Based on what she read, she IMed me out of the blue. After a couple of months of plutonic meetings, neither of us treating the other as a romantic interest, she had me over to the hot tub and the rest was history.

Mind you this is 35 years of dating life; I was several years with each one and a lot more with the mother of my kids.
 
Last edited:
Well I met my current one here at Lit...but college is a great oppourtunity to meet guys.

I met one just from inviting some guys from a few rooms down to hang out and watch a movie. We split money on a pizza and he ended up staying over because he was "too comfortable" to get up and walk back to his room...we talked all night and eventually became more than "just friends". Never dated per se but there was sex involved. Now we're just friends and we talk occassionally.

At the time I was barely 18, he was 24. He was about 5'9" or so and 135 lbs. I am 5'2" and WAS about 210 at the time. He didn't really care about the weight difference but I would have that one scene from "Road Trip" where that "big girl" was messing around with DJ Qualls (the skinny nerdy white guy)...makes me laugh now. :rolleyes:
 
yahoo personals-----when it was still free
sounds corny and scary but we talked for a while on the internet and then the phone before agreeing to meet.
 
I met my wife when she was being attacked by a horde of orcs. LOL! Don't laugh, I'm serious!

It was a game, called the Shadows of Yserbius and we met online, back around late 92. She was attending Boise State University and I was working in NYC and elsewhere as a consultant to the USN.

Like any gallant wizard I immediately jumped into the fray, blasting her orcish hordes with my death darts. She was so impressed with that, that she wanted to know more about my mighty spells.

But seriously, we did meet online, on a D&D style game, we talked for months online, then she had a computer problem which I could fix. It kinda broke the ice so to speak because I had to walk her through the install of the software. I LOVED the sound of her voice and I still think to this day that she's got the sexiest phone voice, she could give me a hardon just by asking me to pick up a gallon of milk!!!

We talked for several months before making plans to meet face to face. I flew out to Boise and to meet her. Thats a whole crazy story in itself. But I knew within a few short hours that I had to make her mine. And the rest is history..... :)
 
we met thro a mutual aquaintance.

he'd come out of a really bad marriage breakup, and his friend decided he needed to get laid.
i was a complete slut, out for anything sexy, and naturally, the friend thought of me.

so we were introduced. and all of a sudden i found myself looking at the single most incredibly sexy man i had ever seen!

we didn't sleep together the first few nights - rather, he needed a sympathetic ear and a place to stay.
so he moved into my spare room, and somehow never left!

it's going on for 12 years now, 3 kids later and i still find him as irresistably charming and sexy as i did back then.

(oh, and to all those people who said i was a 'rebounder'.......
fuck you!)

((damn, that felt good, even if i never will say it to their faces!!!))

:D
 
She shot me.


Ok, it was only paintball. We were two gangs who were a bit too few for the rules that had been set up, so we teamed up and mixed the teams.
 
I was working! The radio station I work for has a huge outdoor concert every year. I spotted him out of a crowd of 6,000 people.
...When I saw him I told my co-worker, "you see him? he's gonna be my man..."
...I didn't have the nerves to approach him until I saw him sitting alone on a lil' grassy hill during the last acts performance...well actually he busted me looking at him as I walked by...Once he made it known he had saw me looking at him, I walked up to him and made my move...I was right from the second I saw him, before I knew his name, I knew he was going to be mine. I've never been so right about anything....I just knew it when I saw him.:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
 
I had met my (then future) wife at an IRC social meet.. But she was going out with one of my friends.. I was of course MASSIVELY jaelous that he had bagged a girl like that (immensly beautiful, smart and my type)..

But anyway.. Im not one to steal people's girlfriends.. so I let it be..

But, they aparantly broke up, and at a party, I brought out my ABBA records (aint I a dag).. and he commented that we (his ex) would get on really well together.. since we both like ABBA..

Well.. This kinda tripped me up!.. so I asked her out for a date... and ya know.. he was right :)

Been married 7 years now.. and known each other for 9..
 
I met my husband online 5 1/2 years ago in a chatroom. It doesn't exsist anymore unfortunately.

We met online and chatted for a while,then we exchanged phone numbers and talked on the phone then we met in real life and we've not been apart for more that 2 weeks ever since!!!
 
How I met DH

It was towards the end of spring semester, it was about 2am and I was in the computer lab along with other people from all sections of the same CIS class. We had a program due and were all fighting with the experimental compiler. Ugh. There was a guy with curly shoulder length hair at the terminal (icky green or orange CRTs) next to mine. He was banging his head on the monitor. It amused me, but since I didn't know him I hid my smile. I waited for him to bring a print-out back from the printer room and saw his login name on it (they were printed in 12" high letters on the first page, hard to miss)...VORTEX. Ok. I sent him a quick e-mail saying something to the effect of this too shall pass or some such nonsense. I signed it with my login...LORELEI. I could tell when he got the e-mail because he got this quizzical look on his face and said, "Lorelei?" and started looking around the room. He caught sight of one of my printouts (with the 12" letters) and looked at me and said "are you Lorelei?" I nodded. I think we chatted a bit about the program and the frustrating compiler until one of us left.

For the remainder of the semester we exchanged the occasional e-mail and once or twice "talked" online. We lived on opposite ends of campus and weren't in any of the same classes, so we never actually saw each other again that semester. I found out that we both liked Sting and disliked Springsteen (this was important because my last serious SO had been a big Bruce fan). We also had a very similar sense of humor. I remember going home for the summer and trying to explain to my mom (who was totally computer illiterate at the time, but isn't anymore) about this guy and e-mail and such. Kinda funny.

Back at school in the fall, I was in one of my first CIS classes of the semester, sitting in the back with my buds when this cute guy with short hair comes in. He looked kinda familiar, but I wasn't sure why. I listened for his name during roll call. When I got to the computer lab later on I "finger"ed him (don't you love UNIX commands?) and saw that he was VORTEX! Wow. He was in 3 of my 5 classes that semester and we were in the same dorm, although different buildings (I was in Rodney F and he was in D). We started hanging out together a lot and eventually went on a date (we saw Second Sight on our first date...baaaaadddd movie). The rest is history. :).


Nola
*reminiscing*
 
Awwww.

Keep 'em coming, handsome boys and pretty girls. I love happy endings :eek:)

One more thing-- who approached who? I guess I sort of want to know because there's this one guy I realllllly like, but I'm too afraid to even really go up to him and start a casual conversation. I think I'm going to try to ask him to dinner in a big group, but still, I fear rejection like I do the ocean. (And the ocean if a pretty big and scary fucking place, if you ask me!)



Thanks, loverlys!

Crazy
 
Well, Crazy, I met mine over the internet.

I had left a profile with some dating site (msn?? - can't remember) and completely forgot about it. After months I suddenly had a message in my mailbox from someone. I read it - it was just a comment on my profile really, and a nice one, too, so I sent a reply saying thank you. I wasn't interested in him at all. Having read his profile I figured I definitely wasn't what he was looking for and that he wasn't what I was looking for. Apart from that he was 'just' 13 years older and it had never crossed my mind I'd want to date a black guy (I'm white). We ended up writing emails to each other on a daily basis exchanging our stories with the opposite sex and so on. We eventually started talking on the phone - boy, that was great.

One day I simply had enough. I wanted to see him in person. So I went. Took me a little more than two hours to get there. We met up. We spent a great day together. And I stayed the night :D That pretty much settled it.

We want to get married next year. Just have to overcome a few small problems.
 
I met my SO last year, my second day at college. They have the freshman move in early to get used to things and I was just wandering around the dorm with my new roommate and 2 guy friends from high school, when we ran into a guy who was just trying to get a bunch of people together to hang out. We ended up with a group of about 10 and went to the lobby where there was pool and ping pong and such. There was already a big group of people there so we just sat and talked. My guy was one of the ones playing pool but he came over and started talking with us instead. He said he had recognized me as soon as I walked in :) (There was a freshman website that most of us had profiles and pictures on, and he had taken note of mine because of some obscure movie we both love - he's a big movie guy). A bunch of us ended up back in my room just talking til like 4 in the morning for the next couple of nights, with him staying after everyone else left and hitting on me every night. It was actually kind of odd to me since I'd never had a boyfriend before and I wasn't used to getting hit on :rolleyes:. Any way, we hooked up within a week I think and have been going out for a year now :D.
 
Through our college gaming club. It also turned out that his dad was one of my professors, though I didn't realize that for a while.

Sabledrake
 
Mine...

Through a friend of a friend. (And shadow_dreamer, you really freaked me out for a second, because that's one of the screen names she uses. I don't think she's ever been divorced, though, so I guess you two aren't the same person. :p)

I had a distant friend in high school. I always kind of wanted to get to know him better, but never got around to. When I went off to college, I was surprised to find him there as well. (Well, maybe not THAT surprised. I'm in a dorm at that college as I write this, and my high school is literally just down the street.) Over the summer he (The Friend) randomly invited me to a ballroom dancing studio where he works (and dances), and later introduced me to his girlfriend. She (The Girlfriend) and I talked online quite a bit, and we got along pretty well because The Friend and I have quite a bit in common. Because she was bored one day, she (The Girlfriend) decided to set me up with one of HER friends. There were quite a few complications (like, The Girlfriend changed her mind a couple times over who she WANTED to set me up with; I had a bunch of my own plagues to work out) but, in short: it worked. And here I am, falling faster every minute; Wednesday will be the seven-week mark.

&&Color Me Crazy, I asked HER out, but only because we started talking online a lot (and still do, in fact). If I had had to do it in person I think I would've chickened out. :rolleyes: I have major rejection issues too.
 
he played my gay husband in an opera our senior year of college. really!

he was supposed to be sleeping with my on-stage brother (which i guess was ok, because my character was also shacking up with her bro!).

afterwards, he wrote a song for soprano and piano and asked me to perform it with him in his senior composition recital. that meant lots of practice sessions....

crimson
 
HIJACKED!!!!

I'm going to hijack this thread slightly and ask those of us that met our SO's online a simple question..... :D

Do you feel that your relationship is stronger than it might be had you met offline?

I tend to think it is for one very important reason. We learned to communicate with our SO's long before we got to play body to body. :)

My wife and I spent months talking online before meeting for the first time. By the time we did meet, it was like meeting an old lover that I hadn't seen in a while. Instead of meeting a stranger that I knew a lot about.

In a regular relationship, sex tends to overpower the communications process. Whereas in a relationship that begins online, communications becomes key from the onset.
 
He walked my parents and I to my building/room ... he was one of the first people I talked to in college.
I remembered saying to myself that I wondered what he would be like in bed, and that I really liked his long virgin hair. Few days later I was walking around my hall meeting people and he was in my friend's room.. we hit it off immediatly and we're happily dating since
 
I met mine in a supermarket, in the canned veg aisle, to be precise. We were working as Saturday assistants in the shop, and we were both sweet 16. We've been together ever-since, we're both 30 now, been married for 9 years, with two beautiful daughters.

With regard to who approached who, I approached him. Or at least it was me that did the strong hinting. He finally caught on, and asked me out.
 
Bobmi357 said:
I'm going to hijack this thread slightly and ask those of us that met our SO's online a simple question..... :D

Do you feel that your relationship is stronger than it might be had you met offline?

I tend to think it is for one very important reason. We learned to communicate with our SO's long before we got to play body to body. :)
I don't KNOW that...

I never spent much time online with either of the women I met online and took up wiith before we were dating r/l. In some ways the online connection was like date referal service -- pass the names and get out of the way.

But then everthing in my relationships seems backwards.
 
Originally posted by warrior queen
(oh, and to all those people who said i was a 'rebounder'.......
fuck you!)

((damn, that felt good, even if i never will say it to their faces!!!))

:D

Hurrah I agree with you 1000% and hate to admit but I've said it to one or two people who kept hyping me about my new found rebound relationship. Come to think of it I should go back to their faces and tell them "Well now do you think I'm still a rebounder after 4 years and with plans for the future?" Now that's putting it nicely, lol. Nah I'm not that much of a bitch (not anymore anyway, I hope, lol) :)
 
me and my hubby went to high school together and he was my brothers friend but at the time i was outgoing, a lot slimer and prettier and i wouldn't give him the time of day, he was what i concidered a geek, he is 6'3 300 lbs and had somewhat long hair and thick glasses. about a year after i had my first son one of my church friends brought over one of her friends which happened to be him. he sat right on the floor and started to play with my son. after a couple of visits he started to come over by hisself. and the more my son took to him the more i fell in love and we have been together ever since.
hows that for a love story, not glamours or anything but that is how he won my heart, but now he shaves his head and has contacts so he looks a lot better after i cleaned up his nerdyness. :)
 
Back
Top