Carrying condoms

Bandit58

Sir's wonder woman
Joined
Sep 7, 2002
Posts
8,121
I'm newly single and have never used a condom in my life :eek: I want to be prepared for if I meet someone and things get hot and heavy. How do you lovely Lit ladies carry your condoms? :cool: :)
 
In my purse and keep a supply next to my bed along with some lube. At least I think they're still in there..it's been too long dammit!
 
I don't carry them around, nor do I keep a stash at home. I do not have "unexpected" sex, though. I only have sex with men I've come to know. And I expect them to provide their own condoms. Why should I incur the added expense? They want nooky, they can pay for the protection.

And actually, most men today carry at least one or two in their wallets anyway.

I don't buy them because most men have a preference for a certain brand or type. After all, if the man you pick up has an allergic reaction to latex, and that's all you have, well, the erotic mood is killed rather quickly. I've just never undstood why I, as a woman, need to take responsibility for something any man should know to do.

Sounds harsh, I know, but it's just my opinion.
 
Nahh, SexyChele, I'm with you.

Men ought to know what they like, what fits them, and they should have it.

Now, one friend showed up last December for a booty weekend without any. I picked him up at the train station, we made a stop at the grocery store, and, in hopes of making some highschool checkout boy's night funnier, also got hershey's syrup and whipped cream. And of course he paid for stuff!
 
Your my type of lady.....prepared and ready to go...........

Hello_Kitten said:
In my purse and keep a supply next to my bed along with some lube. At least I think they're still in there..it's been too long dammit!
 
I agree with you regarding keeping condoms in a wallet. Thats a no no as the material will crack or become damaged. As a guy I don't mind wearing a condom with any lady. Safe Sex is primary for any of us. Whether you know the lady or a casual lady you met in a bar or club you should always play safely.:devil:
 
I agree, why not try and have sex at the final four in the Superdome in New Orleans..............
[/QUOTE]
It's been a while since I've fucked in cars or similar places. Used to have sex in a lot of wierd and/or public places, but as I've gotten older comfort takes precedence :p

.

Have fun! [/B][/QUOTE] :devil:
 
This is a very good question I have often wondered about myself. While I don't just meet men and have sex with them I do often run into a "friend." Most times he is prepared but others we have to run to the store.

I don't carry a purse just a small wallet. But when I am in the bar or a place like that I don't even carry that. I put my money in my pocket. I have this really bad habit of losing things.

I have thought about just keeping them in my car but I figured the extreme temps in there could cause damage. So I am searching for a solution to this problem also...:)
 
I once saw a pair of novelty panties that has a little pouch for a comdom in them.........

shescurious said:
This is a very good question I have often wondered about myself. While I don't just meet men and have sex with them I do often run into a "friend." Most times he is prepared but others we have to run to the store.

I don't carry a purse just a small wallet. But when I am in the bar or a place like that I don't even carry that. I put my money in my pocket. I have this really bad habit of losing things.

I have thought about just keeping them in my car but I figured the extreme temps in there could cause damage. So I am searching for a solution to this problem also...:)
:devil:
 
kcbigkid said:
I once saw a pair of novelty panties that has a little pouch for a comdom in them.........

:devil:

Now that is an idea...:devil:

One more post and you've got an av. Have you picked one yet?
 
Hmmm...

While I agree that a man should be prepared to take responsibility for protection, I also think that as a woman, the person ultimately responsible for my sexual health is ME.

Therefore, I keep a large stash of condoms and other contraceptives. I keep a wide variety of sizes, colors, flavors, styles, brands...I have at least one of all of them. When I carry them, it is in a pocketbook or purse. I keep several in my glove compartment. (This is NOT recommended during extreme weather, because of the potential fluctuation in temperature in the car.) I keep them near the bed, in the bathroom, and even cleverly stashed in my living room. If I'm going out and I might need one, I carry a few in my pocket.

Since I have been monogamous for well over a year, it is a moot point right now. I have never had sex with a man that I didn't know for a very long time beforehand. But regardless, I have always been prepared.

I think as a mature and responsible adult who enjoys sex, it's simple: the buck stops here.

S.
 
I'm one of those guys who doesn't carry a condom in his wallet, but I do carry a guitar pick. That gives you some idea of how odd my prioreties are. :)

Hmmm..no wonder I can't get any!
 
I carry mine in a Vinnie's Tampon Case. Maybe Vinnie and his mom should start making condom cases as well?
 
sheath said:
Hmmm...

While I agree that a man should be prepared to take responsibility for protection, I also think that as a woman, the person ultimately responsible for my sexual health is ME.


Couldn't agree more.

As I am married and monogamous now it is not an issue, but in my younger, freer, sluttier days, I always knew at the end of the day, no one is responsible for me but me. I'm the one that would get pregnant or god forbid infected, right?

I had a little business card case that fit two condoms nicely that I kept in my purse, should the need have arisen...
 
I'm finding this all very interesting. Of course, only 2 men have answered here and I think that is rather telling in its own right. However, it appears that men can't/won't/aren't expected to carry condoms because they can't put them in their wallets. So, oh well, gals, you need to take care of us men. We are just so helpless, that we can't take responsibility of any sort.

Bullshit.

If a man can't even think of a creative way to store a condom so that it doesn't get damaged, then he gets a hand job, if that. I take care of myself and that's enough. I'm not married and really don't care to be taking care of men at this point in my life. I take responsibility, so can he.

That's my story.
 
Shouldn't this be a mans job? I got almost everything necessary for survival in my jacket witch ranges from Swiss knife to a tire gage and it does NOT include condoms ... yep my expectations are that low ... I always think to my self that oral sex would be enough....
 
Last edited:
As a general rule, I don't carry condoms in my wallet, for the physical integrity reason cited above. HOWEVER, if I'm going out and think there is a reasonable possibility of needing/wanting one, I'll slip one in my wallet or jacket pocket depending on what I'm wearing. I don't expect that a couple hours in my wallet will have an appreciable affect.

At home, I keep the condoms (and lube, and toys) in a dresser drawer next to the bed. Easily accessible, but not easily discovered.

While I think that the guy has the responsibility to provide condoms in most situations, the woman is still responsible for her own health and safety. If she's willing to turn off her drive for intercourse when the guy isn't packing, fine, she doesn't need a supply of her own. Ideally, both people have them.

In a LTR, I believe that the cost of condoms, lube, et al. should be shared between partners. Just as the guy shouldn't be expected to always buy dinner, he shouldn't be expected to always be the one buying the condoms.
 
DuckLover said:
Just as the guy shouldn't be expected to always buy dinner, he shouldn't be expected to always be the one buying the condoms.
Where you from man? :eek:
 
i always used to have one or two (or many more, depending on who i was with ;) ) either in my jeans pocket or jacket pocket, depending on if it was cool enough for a jacket or not. i usually wasn't the one that got use out of them, but acted as the living vending machine.

Then there was that time that cricketbug and i were walking around with the nightly supply in our pockets and one of the packages popped open... She stuck her hand in her pocket and it came out covered in slime. :D
 
Officially, I carry my condoms in a mother of pearl card case . I carry an unlubed latex one and a lubed polyurathane one. I am not particularly worried about a man's preference, if he has one he should provide condoms, I have one so I provide my own.

Unofficially, I am a condom stasher, like Sheath, I guess. Zippered coat pockets, bedside tables, under clocks, somewhere within reach of the couch. I put condom pockets in lingerie under the lace hem in slips, I put condom pockets in lots of clothes.

I think birth control is joint responsiblity, but my safety comes first. I have a "no condom, no sex" policy and I just hate waiting for a guy to run out to an all night drug store so I carry them with me.

Giving a guy a blow job because he arrives condomless does not do a lot for me, besides I use condoms for blow jobs too. I am interested in my sexual desires being meet not just his.
 
My first husband used condoms until my Pill kicked in, and he took care of them himself. And since I've been married monogamously to my 2nd for almost 24 years, condoms do not figure large in my life, although if I were to find myself out in the field, God forbid, that would change.

However, several years ago, when we were living in Baton Rouge, we were at the Spanish Town parade. AIDS had just burst in on our consciousness, and a gay organization threw condoms from their float. My daughter, who was 8 at the time, caught one of them. (Yes, I did tell her what it was). It sat around in my bedside table for a while, until one time when we found ourselves between methods--I had run out of Pills or my diaphragm had developed a hole; I forget which. Of course then there was nothing for it but to break out the condom (it was a blue one) and use it.
 
Zmey said:
Where you from man? :eek:

I'm in Oregon, but this is the 21st century.

Sure, I still like to buy dinner, open doors and the like; chivalry is not dead.

The downside is that many women resist such things-- sometimes the actions are seen as demeaning ("I can open the door myself, thanks...") or they have run into too many insensitive jerks (the guy who thinks that since he bought dinner, the woman "owes" hime $50 worth of sex). The concept of the man paying for everything largely comes from the days when only men had any money; while we don't yet have salary parity, women are far from incapable of earning and spending money.

My suggestion that costs be shared, including dinner, movies, hotels, and condoms, was meant particularly in the context of Long Term Relationships (LTRs). That policy doesn't have to mean splitting everything down the middle; it can mean alternating. Just as women often enjoy being wined and dined, so can guys. (I certainly do.)
 
DuckLover said:

In a LTR, I believe that the cost of condoms, lube, et al. should be shared between partners. Just as the guy shouldn't be expected to always buy dinner, he shouldn't be expected to always be the one buying the condoms.


My reaction was the same as Zmey's.
 
SexyChele said:
They want nooky, they can pay for the protection.

I've just never undstood why I, as a woman, need to take responsibility for something any man should know to do.

Sounds harsh, I know, but it's just my opinion.

Since I'm the one who can get pregnant and since it's easier to transmit many STDs from a man to a woman, I consider the "protection" to be mainly for me, therefore I am at least equally responsible for providing said protection.

When I'm in a relationship it usually ends up that whoever's bed is slept in provides the condoms.

But what I really don't get from your post and the one above which says the guy will be lucky to get a hand job - what about you? I'm about done with the idea that sex is for men. If we don't have any condoms, I'll be just as disappointed as my guy will be, and if carrying condoms will prevent that disappointment for me in the event the guy forgets, well then I'm all for it.
 
Back
Top