Do you supersize your thunder thighs at the drive up?

koalabear said:
GRILLED ZUCCHINI
Ingredients

Serving: Serves 10

* 10 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
* Coarse salt, (to taste)
* Freshly ground black pepper, (to taste)

Directions

1. Place slices of zucchini on the heated grill. Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle garlic over zucchini. Cook over low heat until tender and golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.

I do this one - add slice of cheese to top of zucchini, it's delish!
 
done_got_old said:
........and it tastes a hell of a lot better. I love squid!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww.

When I was in the 6th grade we had to dissect squid ... and then eat it. I will NEVER voluntarily eat squid. :eek:
 
Gypsybyrd said:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww.

When I was in the 6th grade we had to dissect squid ... and then eat it. I will NEVER voluntarily eat squid. :eek:


LOL Yesterday I almost told you about my comparative vertebrate anatomy class in college. We disected a cat and for years I had my cat's eyes and tongue in a jar.
 
Gypsybyrd said:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww.

When I was in the 6th grade we had to dissect squid ... and then eat it. I will NEVER voluntarily eat squid. :eek:


No comment........ :)
 
The Modern Cook?

cooking.jpg
 
montel today...hope you saw it starry.....twinkies are like eating shoe, leather tanning cream and rocks...... :)
 
Beef Brisket in Beer

Ingredients:

3 pounds lean beef roast
2 onions, sliced
1 bay leaf
1 cup beer*
1/4 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water

Directions:

Trim fat from roast. Cut to fit crock pot. Put meat in, cover with onions, bay leaf. Combine beer, chili sauce, sugar, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 5-6 hours.

Transfer meat to platter and keep warm. Discard bay leaf. Skim fat from cooking juices.

Measure 2 1/2 cup juices and place in a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water; add to saucepan. Cook and stir till thick and bubbly. Cook for 2 minutes more. Pass with meat.

*Leftover beer can be frozen for the next time.

This recipe for Beef Brisket in Beer serves/makes 8
 
Shipwreck Stew


Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef, browned
5 potatoes, cut into French fry like strips
2 onions, chopped
1 can (16 oz size) light red kidney beans, drained*
1/4 pound velveeta cheese, cubed~~~~yuckkk
1 can (10 3/4 oz size) tomato soup
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
butter

Directions:

Layer in slow cooker in this order: ground beef, potatoes, onions, kidney beans and cheese. Pour soup over top. Season with salt and pepper. Dot with butter. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

don't use beans. use carrots

Note: This is particularly good with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top at table. Not the one that I usually do but this is what I am doing today.

This recipe for Shipwreck Stew serves/makes 6
 
Cooking Vegetables in the Crock Pot

Directions:

Place vegetables in the bottom of the Crockpot and place meat on top. Fresh vegetables like carrots and potatoes take the longest to cook. Frozen vegetables may be placed on top of meat as they usually do not take as long.
 
Dairy Products and Thickening Tips for the Crock Pot

Directions:

Add sour cream or heavy cream during the last hour of cooking time and increase heat to high. This will prevent the dairy products from curdling. You can also add cornstarch during the last hour to thicken juices (again, turn heat to high).
 
Buying a Crockpot

Directions:

When buying a Crockpot you'll find that there are a lot of options available to you. Size: Buy the largest one you think you'll need for your family. For two people you can probably get by with a 3 1/2 qt size. For more people you should opt for a larger one.

Removable liner: This is a very nice feature for both cleaning purposes and transporting food.

Heat options: The standard models have a low and high heat setting. Some have a medium option. Some models offer an "auto" setting. Some have a built in timer.
 
Back
Top