How long is regular sex supposed to last?

NRBonz

Virgin
Just read this question on Face Book and some if the responses were hilarious!
"How long is regular sex supposed to last?"

What is regular sex? Between two strangers scratching an itch? Between two people who have been together for decades and are totally devoted to each other? Between two people who are together but mostly disinterested and just want to get off?

I am a lovey bug, and every time I had sex with the love of my life, it was magical and time became irrelevant. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Now I am a widow… I don’t know.

What is regular sex? Between two strangers scratching an itch? Between two people who have been together for decades and are totally devoted to each other? Between two people who are together but mostly disinterested and just want to get off?

I am a lovey bug, and every time I had sex with the love of my life, it was magical and time became irrelevant. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I'm sorry for your loss. It would crush me if I lost mine.

I am also sorry for your loss.
It is amazing though that you experienced such a full-fledged, life altering love. I am in awe of people like you. We're not all so lucky.
I really hope your memories give you more strength than sorrow. And I hope you can be empowered by knowing you lived a love that others merely dream about.
(Odd to say this on a sex site, but) God Bless.

In all honesty… it destroyed me. I have no idea why I am still alive, I would prefer not to be. Life was wonderful, this? Not at all.
Respectfully, it sounds like you need grief counseling. I wish I were there to help you through that process.

Yes… I am sure that is true. But frankly, words don’t overcome this. 🤷‍♀️
Respectfully, again, because politeness is key: it would be a grave misnomer to think of therapy simply as words only. There are modalities being utilized that are all steeped in science and research.
However, you must certainly choose this route on your own. It is my hope that you one day learn that help is out there because, unfortunately, life can be very cruel and as such, many, many people go through loss and traumas that 100% require outside help. You are not alone. None of us who suffer and prefer death over pain are alone.

Very sorry to have derailed the thread.

Back on topic. Sex lasts as long as it does. My wife loves a hard quick fuck as much as she does as long session with a lot of foreplay. Sometimes it starts out one way and ends another. Don't worry about time so long as both partners are smiling and out of breath at the end.

In our case, it lasts as long as it takes her to cum. Which is about five or ten minutes.

There are probably averages, but it depends. Maybe it's a quickie, maybe it's much more drawn out. What mood are you both in? How much time do you have? How tired are you likely to be when you can find time?
Is an orgasm important? It doesn't have to be. If it is, then people are very different. Again, if it does, that doesn't have to be where it ends - you have hands, a mouth, sex is so much more than just genitals bumping!
Does it involve breaks? It can. Maybe it trails off and organically ends, or maybe there's more. Maybe it varies.
Basically, I wouldn't worry about what's 'regular' (such an odd term, in this context) as long as everyone's having fun and any things that come up (bad or good!) are being communicated, it's all great.

That all said... I'm super curious to hear some of the funnier responses to this from that FB thread :D

Like a bell rings and you both go to your corner for a minute? Catch a breather, grab some water, and maybe re-lube?
What? I am a little saddened you haven’t experienced that… it is wonderful. And it also gives you a chance to grab blankets, because rugburn is real (in front of the fireplace, at the oceanfront motel)… 😊😊😊

Nope. Once Lisa has a hold of me, it's a fight to the finish. No tapping out, no saved by the bell. :sneaky:
I totally see the beauty in that… my love and I were probably not young enough to stay with it like that... our mutual lust was real… the flesh needed help. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

And after our epic beach escapade… we both walked funny for a few days… and neither of us regretted anything. 🤣🤣🤣

Brenda, I loved this for the love you carry with you and for the questions you asked.
My heart breaks for you being a widow.

Back