Good stories well told

lurchman007

Experienced
I've read many books, and one author has always stood out because of the way the story is told. Some of the stories aren't nearly as good as the others, but I've enjoyed reading them anyway because of the way it was told.

It seems that many of the top stories on Literotica are there because of their level of eroticism, not because the person has written it well.

Who are the best authors to follow? Who are the ones that tell a good story, and tell it well.

In my experience, the best story-tellers are the ones who tell stories that you enjoy. The problem is: we all like what we like. I could give you five names; but you may hate everything that they have collectively posted.

I'd suggest that you just sample widely - and then follow up other stories by the authors that you like. Oh ... and be prepared to kiss an awful lot of frogs in pursuit of your prince.

Good luck. :)

be prepared to kiss an awful lot of frogs in pursuit of your prince.

Good luck. :)

The first story I ever read on here was pretty good. The story itself was good, and the way it was written. Unfortunately I never bookmarked it or took note of who wrote it, and I can't even remember what it was called. Since then there have been a lot of toads. Some of them start off fine, but then they either turn into a huge grammatical mess, or (it seems) like the author just wants to get it over with.

Who are the best authors to follow? Who are the ones that tell a good story, and tell it well.

I've been very impressed by 'Sir Galahad' and 'Malraux' ('Jonas Agonistes' for example) lately. But that's probably because I like a well-told tale; the erotic bits are not as important.
There are, however, readers for whom the sex (or the Revenge) is the most important bit.
;)

Well, me, clearly. Duh.

(Yeah, I'm the only one cheesy enough to say it, but everyone here is thinking it....)

All of us who post on the Authors' Hangout think we are.

To be fair, most Literotica authors try to tell good stories. Even a poor story takes considerable effort to write.

I feel this is especially true of erotica, lol.

single-ladies-snl-skit-o.gif

To the OP: really, @oggbashan has it exactly. ;)

But beyond simply demanding that you gaze upon my brilliance and be duly awed: one place to look for the better writing on Literotica is in the contests. People often make an extra effort to put their best foot forward in that context and you'll frequently find good quality stories among the winners or runners up, and in many of the entries generally.

Last edited:
Okay, post a LIT writer worth reading. I don't mean McPILOT I mean the real deal.

that's probably because I like a well-told tale; the erotic bits are not as important.
;)

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the names, I'll check them out.

Well, me, clearly. Duh.

(Yeah, I'm the only one cheesy enough to say it, but everyone here is thinking it....)

Here's to hoping you're right.

All of us who post on the Authors' Hangout think we are.

To be fair, most Literotica authors try to tell good stories. Even a poor story takes considerable effort to write.

No story should take considerable effort to read though.

single-ladies-snl-skit-o.gif

one place to look for the better writing on Literotica is in the contests.

Never even thought of looking there. Thanks.

Me. I'll put my worst against just about anyone.

Will check out your work. Thanks.

That would be a welcome change from your usual posting pattern.

I truly wish I had gotten to see the JBJ that people actually think is worth responding to. All his posts elicit from me is the sad realization that whoever told him he's the smartest guy in his trailer park was lying, and he clearly hasn't worked it out. (It's a pity, his stories aren't as good as he clearly thinks but are far better than his posts would lead one to expect.)

Last edited:
I truly wish I had gotten to see the JBJ that people actually think is worth responding to. All his posts elicit from me is the sad realization that whoever told him he's the smartest guy in his trailer park was lying, and he clearly hasn't worked it out.

He used to have some decent advice buried within his Archie Bunker persona. Now he's just devolved into 24/7 trolling. Too bad, I got some good pointers from the JBJ handle.

He used to have some decent advice buried within his Archie Bunker persona. Now he's just devolved into 24/7 trolling. Too bad, I got some good pointers from the JBJ handle.

The only problem is his "decent advise" was from reading not writing.

Now he spends most of his time putting writers on Lit down.

Back