August 2015 Challenge: Wtf is it this all about?

Magnetron

Deep Under Groundhog
To be announced August 1st, 2015.

All I can say for now is that it will be simple and fun.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

To be announced August 1st, 2015.

All I can say for now is that it will be simple and fun.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

*Twists dials on a circa 1900's RCA console radio trying to find the station again*

I can't contain myself any longer.

! !! !!! !!!! !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 2015 Challenge
Wtf is this all about?

You will have until Tuesday August 18th Midnight ( or whenever I'm done feeding my cats and chickens in the morning afterwards ) to DUN DUN DUH ..........

1) ............. write a theme song or intro of sorts to a Television show.

Not only do we want to guess who wrote what, we also want to guess what the name of the show is.

So provide clues within your work without giving away the name of the show, the names of major characters, etc. Basically anything that will blatantly tip off the reader.

The more popular the show, the more likely the reader will recognize wtf this is all about. Right? That all depends on how well you connect with the reader.

You may ask, Is there anything special I can do to connect with the reader?

I'm glad you asked. Yes there is.

One method is to summarize the entirety of the show in a manner that the reader will think, Hey! That sounds a lot like the plot to <insert show name here>.

Another method is to take any pre-existing wordless theme music introducing the show and custom write words to it.

To take it a step further, make your words exude a similar musical quality.

Did you know that whistling intro to the The Andy Griffith Show also had lyrics complementing it? It does. But I don't remember what they are. So look it up yourself.

But but BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE ...........

Here comes the Monkey Wrench.

2) You also have the option of writing a theme song or intro of sorts to Television show that does NOT exist.

Why?

Just to fuck with everyone.

================================

Multiple entries are welcome.

Title your entries.

Private Message your entries to me and I will post them minus author names to a separate thread. Author names will be inserted after August 18.

Please keep your commentary and guessing in this thread.

Regarding your entries:

They can be for any old -or- new shows ( and as previously stated, shows that do NOT exist ).

Television shows AND televised mini-series only. No theatrical or straight to DVD/BlueRay releases. No made for TV movies.

If the series is available through cable, sat dish or streamed to your TV from the Net - it qualifies.

Last edited:
Here is another example.

A Real Dick Of A Superhero

Super Penis springs into action
Super Penis whirls about
Super Penis darts in for the rescue
Super Penis swiftly glides out

Super Penis
Is my hero
On a scale of One to Ten
He's a Nine
Not a Zero
Like you-hoo-hoo-woo-woo-woo
You-hoo-hoo-woo-woo-ooo
Like you-hoo-hoo-woo-woo-woo
Woo-oooo

Super Penis is rough and uncut
Yet smooth and quite exotic
Not your average Harry, Tom or Dick
Their round heads aren't romantic in the least

Super Penis

He is a sexy beast!

Muscles bulging with veins
Flexing
He becomes extremely thick
Hope he's coming real soon to my neighborhood
Dispensing justice oh so good
Unlike you-hoo-hoo-woo-woo
You-hoo-hoo-woo-woo-ooo
Super Penis goes woo-woo-woo-woo
Woo-hooo!

Of course, that was a bad example - because if there ever really was a television show about a superhero named Super Penis, you would have easily guessed the name of the show.

And yet it is a good example, because I guarantee you'll be singing Super Penis to yourself while you are trying to relax in the bathtub.

:rolleyes:

Double evil!! Clearly you have too many cats on the brain!

(I'd gladly take a couple of kittens but... not gonna happen.)

Trix was on the right track with guesses leaning towards science fiction.

The show is Haven, loosely adapted from the Stephen King novel The Colorado Kid.

Trix was on the right track with guesses leaning towards science fiction.

The show is Haven, loosely adapted from the Stephen King novel The Colorado Kid.

LOL, I think there's gonna be a lot of blank stares and wild ass guesses going on. Brit vs Us shows, older vs modern add in the fact that I don't think we're a big TV watching crowd. Should be funny, evil, but funny.

LOL, I think there's gonna be a lot of blank stares and wild ass guesses going on. Brit vs Us shows, older vs modern add in the fact that I don't think we're a big TV watching crowd. Should be funny, evil, but funny.

I love this idea and am really looking forward to seeing what comes out of the minds here ... but Trix does bring up a interesting point. Are any and all shows (I'm assuming not movies shown on TV) through the past 90ish years available for exploitation in this contest??

I love this idea and am really looking forward to seeing what comes out of the minds here ... but Trix does bring up a interesting point. Are any and all shows (I'm assuming not movies shown on TV) through the past 90ish years available for exploitation in this contest??

Television shows AND televised mini-series only. No theatrical or straight to DVD/BlueRay releases. No made for TV movies.

If the series is available through cable, sat dish or streamed to your TV from the Net - it qualifies.

Back