Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't go wrong with a great steak.

G7PFfLq.jpg

Can't go wrong with a great steak.

G7PFfLq.jpg

Love steak! But the steak has to be well done yet juicy. After to cases of food poisoning well done or nothing.

A Old time 49 er Football Player would eat his steaks barely warm which is illegal nowadays due to health code and serve safe. He would say "Barely Brown On Each Side and Bring It To Me".

Love steak! But the steak has to be well done yet juicy. After to cases of food poisoning well done or nothing.

A Old time 49 er Football Player would eat his steaks barely warm which is illegal nowadays due to health code and serve safe. He would say "Barely Brown On Each Side and Bring It To Me".

Well, it's not really steak if it doesn't fight back, is it?

Eating Alaskan....

Lettuce - Seeds of Change (Spenard)
Yensis Onions - Glacier Valley Farm - their own “brand” of onion (Palmer)
Tomatoes - Acme Greenhouses (Wasilla)
Peppers - Spring Creek Farms (Palmer)
Potatoes - Bushes Bunches (Palmer)
Beef - Mugrage Hay & Cattle (Delta Junction)
Bun - French Oven (Spenard)

Produce and meat sourced and delivered by Arctic Harvest (Spenard)

There are some places where canned or dried food is pretty much the only food.

But not, here and now. Now is the time to get the AKORN ready to smoke some baby back ribs.

I remember the shit that used to be put into cooking and "lady's" magazines in the 60s, mom collected them for the recipes.

Tuna jello molds?
Olive and ham fruit rings?
Liverwurst and tongue party sandwiches?

I remember the shit that used to be put into cooking and "lady's" magazines in the 60s, mom collected them for the recipes.

Tuna jello molds?
Olive and ham fruit rings?
Liverwurst and tongue party sandwiches?

I have a well-thumbed cookbook from the 70s that has an entire chapter devoted to savoury gelatines and aspics.

Pretty good section on cooking down bones, joints, and certain cuts to extract flavour, collagen, and gelatin.

Some of this stuff - the methods at least - has made a comeback over the last few years with molecular gastronomy chef types, and old-school, steel jelly molds (fish, wreaths, lobsters, etc) are popping up as ‘vintage’ on eBay and Amazon.

A couple years ago I hacked around the kitchen and came up with a Spicy Caesar Jell-O shot, where I had layered, proportionately, jellied vodka and Clamato and beef stock, with a dash of Tobasco and grating of horseradish on top. Rimmed the wee cups with lime juice and celery salt even, and served them with thin sticks of celery.
They weren’t terrible, but a heck of a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back