Winter Olympics

Gentlemen (and some ladies who lean that way) I present to you the Russian female curler...

49220A0600000578-5381203-image-a-92_1518439941727.jpg

12935-640.jpg

anastasia-bryzgalova-curling.png

5516321870e6f37246bcd58e0d9c9ec7.jpg

I am enjoying the snowboarding competitions. My girl, Chloe Kim is just amazing! The speed and the gracefulness is just awesome!

Olympic visitors with a few hours to kill have been flocking to Haesingdang Park off Highway 7 near Sinnam Beach. There is a sculpture garden with many fine examples from the local artisans.

pri_69042555.jpg

pri_69042554.jpg

pri_69042464.jpg

People jumping all over Shaun White cuz he let the flag touch the ground and possibly stepped on it. Clearly all by accident and distraction but hey, let's find something to be outraged about. Wonder how many people bitching would think of all the flag rules after winning a gold medal and being surrounded by thousands of people all wanting your attention.

People jumping all over Shaun White cuz he let the flag touch the ground and possibly stepped on it. Clearly all by accident and distraction but hey, let's find something to be outraged about. Wonder how many people bitching would think of all the flag rules after winning a gold medal and being surrounded by thousands of people all wanting your attention.

Its just the media trying to stir up controversy. It clearly wasn't intentional and Shaun has already apologized. He is one of the last people that would intentionally disrespect the flag. That was an amazing accomplishment on his part and I am very happy he won. That Japanese kid is pretty amazing too.

If we build a wall, how will the Russian Curlers get in? We need to rethink some things here.

Ski jumping...no. Just no. Not ever in this lifetime or any other. Who the fuck was the first person to say "Hey, this sounds like a good idea!"

For some reason cameras and camera angles exaggerate the appearance of ski jumping height. Most people don't realize that the jumpers are never really that far off the ground. Unless you've actually been to and seen a ski jump, you'll never understand that.

It's not as dangerous as your screen/monitor makes it appear.

It's exhilarating.

I had the time to watch the women's figure skating long program last light and see the Germans perform.

I still think their timing was off but given their performance they deserved the gold. It was an amazing performance.

I felt bad for the Norwegian chick in the women's giant slalom. She ripped up the course into gold medal position and then had to watch while Shifflin took it away from her. I believe it would have been Norway's first Olympic gold in women's giant slalom. Still, silver ain't too bad.

Last edited:

For some reason cameras and camera angles exaggerate the appearance of ski jumping height. Most people don't realize that the jumpers are never really that far off the ground. Unless you've actually been to and seen a ski jump, you'll never understand that.

It's not as dangerous as your screen/monitor makes it appear.

It's exhilarating.

You've posted this twice in this thread. Get off the drugs.

Watched USA/Canada Womens Hockey game last night.

Those teams get rather chippy with each other, its probably the most physical you'll ever see Womens Hockey get..

Just saw an interview where the reporter asked the athlete if they worked hard. Gee, ya think?

Back