Where should I categorize a gentle femdom romantic story?

It's a slower story, character-based, and while there's a lot of tenderness and affection (common gentle femdom themes) throughout, there won't be purely sexual content until the end. I was thinking BDSM or Romance or EC? It's a straight couple so Lesbian wouldn't work.

If there’s bdsm heavy action, bdsm. Overly romantic, Romance. Otherwise EC. Femdom is no barrier to Romance for me- it’s very enticing for some men to be pursued by a woman. I don’t want to be controlled or exploited by one, but there’s a difference between that and a little light femdom. My author avatar’s hot wife is a bossy lady. Just don’t cross the line with your character and you’ll be fine in Romance imo. Unless someone more familiar with the readers there disagrees.

Thank you both. Just to explain further, it's quite gentle. There won't be any pain play. Some light bondage, some female-driven displays of loving affection, some woman-led consensual sexual content. A lot of her taking care of him (that's the premise in fact.)

I'm glad you've had luck with the mild BDSM play, RedChamber, I was worried that if there's not at least some pain play or heavy bondage or more serious domination they'd find my story extremely boring and annoying.

I don’t read much bdsm either. But if light bdsm is present I’d put it there. Better safe than sorry.

Then again I don’t regularly read the category and my inclusion of an urban fantasy story featuring some Don Quixote references and an alleged godlike being refusing worship got questioned in Fantasy/Sci-fi , so what do I know?

Back