Where are you from?

I'm originally from the planet Earth. But when I travel back home to the rather small, specific portion to visit my family, it now seems like such an alien place.

Native Floridian living in the last section of the real Florida. North of BFE and gay Paree.

This thread has reminded me of how long it's been, thanks to Covid and a medical condition, since I've been to my digs in Key West and Cyprus. I'm not a fan of winter in less tropical places than these. It's harder now since I've turned against flying commercially. My last experience, despite first class, didn't negate airport hassles such as the ones in Atlanta (both ways en route to a New Orleans cruise).

Western New York NOT Upstate.

Western New York is more closely related to Michigan than Manhattan, in fact my home town is closer to Chicago than it is to New York City.

Belize (the English speaking country nobody thinks about), but part time in the British Virgin Islands too.

Another Texan here. Born in upstate NY - Dad was in the military but from Texas, so I claim native Texan status

Europe, Norway but I write english understandable I hope :)
I'm hoping people who are not native English speakers are comfortable writing as they write. If you're writing a story and not just posting on the forum a note as a forward would be all I needed.

Western New York NOT Upstate.

Western New York is more closely related to Michigan than Manhattan, in fact my home town is closer to Chicago than it is to New York City.
In New York City, I never knew exactly where "upstate" was. Some people thought that Yonkers qualified - seriously. I still don't know - it's more of a state of mind than a place, north of here somewhere. Reminds me of that song "New York State of Mind." Okay, so it is Billy Joel - he tries at least.

Belize (the English speaking country nobody thinks about), but part time in the British Virgin Islands too.
Formerly British Honduras. The UK had various holdings scattered around the area. I guess Guyana qualifies too?

Back