When your outline fails...

I'm with you...if a story takes place over forty eight hours well....they sleep right? They eat, they shower go to the bathroom...

We don't need every single minute as if the story was a season of "24" Have something happen and say, "She awoke the next morning..." next morning...there goes eight hours burned

Well, no.

Since they are 2D characters in your head, they don't need to sleep, unless the puppet-master says.

No, the upshot of your response was "Well then you're up sh*t's creek. That would never happen to ME because I don't work that way."

It's not helpful to the OP at all; there is no point other than to state, "I don't have these problems."

Wouldn't it be up to the OP whether any advice/opinion given here would be helpful?

rj

Wouldn't it be up to the OP whether any advice/opinion given here would be helpful?

rj

I guess Carnal_Flower missed that just about everyone else gave the same responses I did--in just about the same way. :rolleyes:

I never use an outline. My outline is in my head.

I only write when inspired.

I like Peter de Vries' take on this: ‘I only write when I am inspired. And I see to it that I am inspired at 9 o'clock every morning.’ (Maybe this has something to do with having spent the first few years of my professional writing life in ad agencies. :))

Back