When your new story doesn’t catch fire like your previous one.

I just think a Part 2 and higher, marked story is an auto-pass for a LOT of readers. Because they just don't have the time to go back and catch up or read additional. My Aunt Tina 1 and 2 stories, were posted 42 days apart and are no longer on any 7 or 30 day list.
Part one gets an average of 40 views a day and part two gets 15, and are both I/T stories. Both are red H and part two is rated higher. I've just submitted part three and it's the conclusion. I'll be interested in seeing the data on that one in a couple of months.

That was the feeling when I posted What it Takes. The previous series, Deviant Empire.... seemed to be a hit, but this one was not doing the numbers. I assume it was because this one featured no incest.

That was the feeling when I posted What it Takes. The previous series, Deviant Empire.... seemed to be a hit, but this one was not doing the numbers. I assume it was because this one featured no incest.
Wow! Who’d have the thought that the audience on here were a bunch of massive perverts. 😆🤣😂

Wow! Who’d have the thought that the audience on here were a bunch of massive perverts. 😆🤣😂
It's a well known fact that the incest tag and category get more hits than anything else. Previous story was about a guy that slowly gets along to fucking his family, second was about this girl that just finds a cute guy, though it might also feel like the guy is a protagonist because he finds an amazing girl in a time when dating sucks.

It's a well known fact that the incest tag and category get more hits than anything else. Previous story was about a guy that slowly gets along to fucking his family, second was about this girl that just finds a cute guy, though it might also feel like the guy is a protagonist because he finds an amazing girl in a time when dating sucks.
My latest is an incest story that posted this morning (8 hours ago) and it already has almost 6k views and 125 votes. That's more than I expected this fast, even for incest.

My latest is an incest story that posted this morning (8 hours ago) and it already has almost 6k views and 125 votes. That's more than I expected this fast, even for incest.
Presumably because of the electrocution thing...I don't want to read about incest...So bailed early!

We’ve all been there (hopefully) when a story catches fire. You feel on top of the world, you’ve found your audience and they LOVE you.

So you publish your new story…and it’s like tumbleweed city with a population of 2, you and your biggest fan.

Who else has been through that and which two stories created this dichotomy?
I think anybody who has created something goes through it.
Perhaps it's more obvious if your first creation is a success.
The music world is full of 1 hit wonders. An awesome sone, never to be bettered by the writer.
It happens.
I think we place too much emphasis on things like scores.
If you enjoyed writing it. Them job done.

Cagivagurl.

Back