When Erotica Really Makes a Difference

ElectricBlue

Connoisseur
We've all acknowledged that our content is mostly self-indulgent, with smatterings of self-therapy and the occasional social messaging. It's when you receive a message such as the following, that you say to yourself, "Erotica really can make a difference to other people's lives."
I’ve been loving your stories on Literotica and we’ve had a bit of correspondence via my Lit account. This is to let you know how your stories have been supporting my recovery from prostate cancer and my sex life with my partner of the last 40 years.

I have really enjoyed some of your slow burn stories, and the way you bring in older characters. I am 65 and I had my prostate removed in 2020, with quite severe ED for about a year, and variable erectile function since then.

I have explored many ways to stay alive and to be a sexual being, including but not limited to reading quite a lot of erotica on Lit. Not only does it assist my differently able body to get aroused but it reminds me that there are no limits to erotic imagination.

My partner is older than me and her body is also differently able these days. We have always had a sex life and most of the time it has been wonderful. Of course we have our differences and our down times. I think it was a big shock for her to have my erections go on strike as it were, and she felt as if the barometer of my arousal was saying I was turned off.

One way I suggested to get it up was to read erotica together, and our first try earlier this year was your Chickadee story, which really got us both going.

Since then there have been many other upheavals in our lives and she in particular has been less than usually sexual, with me getting more and more depressed by this.

A couple of nights ago she agreed again that we both need some extra energy to get our aging bodies going, and she read A Desiderare out loud. It seriously worked! It got us both hotter than we have been together for months!

It started very much in our imaginations, as the story invites – an older couple, with the young woman getting excited about a date with the couple in the story. Slowly it morphed into real life as we, the older couple, got hotter and more active and ended up fully in our own bodies, making our own love but fuelled energetically by your great story and excellent writing.

I hope this brief note conveys our gratitude.

www.recovering man.net

Powerful reminder of our interconnectivity.

Stories are interwoven in the human experience. Done well, they facilitate genuine human moments between usual strangers who would otherwise go without.

"We are all just walking each other home."

Sometimes in the most unexpected ways which makes it all the more special.

Amazing. Well done.

I think I've had a comment or two telling me how they shared a story with a spouse, which was nice. But nothing as impactful as that.

What a wonderful comment. It must feel nice to know that you've impacted someone else's life and helped them through your writing. I think I'd frame that one, too.

We've all acknowledged that our content is mostly self-indulgent, with smatterings of self-therapy and the occasional social messaging. It's when you receive a message such as the following, that you say to yourself, "Erotica really can make a difference to other people's lives."

www.recovering man.net
I love those kind of comments. Knowing that you’ve helped someone through a difficult time? Worth way more than any rating.

www.recovering man.net
Wow! Just wow!

Makes you feel there is a point to all this.

Em

I've actually gotten a few comments like that over the years -- not at that length or detail -- but from people who are much older in age with certain issues and enjoy erotica for those reasons, that it mentally stimulates.

Back