what's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

mrtnmoon

I am the fact decider...
I don't know what made me think of this, but a couple of centuries ago the band I was in played at a bar that was trying to carve out a niche for itself by serving different types of game on its menu. they hosted an outdoor festival with a bunch of different bands and food booths from some of the local restaurants. at their own booth they were serving buffalo burgers, which I think are fairly common now but weren't at the time. they also had alligator meat, and ostrich. possibly they had snake, too, but my memory is kind of hazy.

I got to try a buffalo burger, but by the time I found out about the more exotic fare they were out of it. I don't know if I would have actually eaten it or not, but I think that I really wanted to try it.

so, as far as I can remember the buffalo is still the most out of the ordinary thing I've ever eaten. pretty boring, I know.... I'd be willing to bet there are some people here who have eaten some pretty strange things. this is the place to share your story.

bring on the rocky mountain oysters! :D

Frog legs, snails, snake, chicken feet, fish eyeballs... and out of the 5, I'd probably only eat the chicken feet again. The rest are yucky. And they all taste like chicken.

Frog legs, snails, snake, chicken feet, fish eyeballs... and out of the 5, I'd probably only eat the chicken feet again. The rest are yucky. And they all taste like chicken.
hmmm... just from looking at them, I wouldn't think that chicken feet would even be edible. how much meat is on them?

I agree about the frog legs tasting like chicken.

I've eaten raw oysters and those were not very good.

lol

hmmm... just from looking at them, I wouldn't think that chicken feet would even be edible. how much meat is on them?

Well, you just eat the skin, and spit out the bones. The pads of the feet have more meat though.

I agree about the frog legs tasting like chicken.

I've eaten raw oysters and those were not very good.

lol

Did those taste like chicken too? Everything tastes like chicken, or chicken that's been pulled through a few metres of sewer pipe.

Did those taste like chicken too? Everything tastes like chicken, or chicken that's been pulled through a few metres of sewer pipe.

No, those were more like rubbery gooey things , oh and they had spinich.

That helped, but only a little bit.

on a regular basis i eat kangaroo, which is bloody beautifull...
I have also eaten crocodile, allright
bull testicles...very nice
flies...stick in your throat
turtle...beautifull
cricket...tasteless protein morsel

I've had buffalo, ostrich and alligator. I like them all. I had snail when I was a kid and I remember liking it, but I can't remember what it tastes like.

once i found pretty dead lady in alley. i ate her fingers, and then had dinner with several famous celebrities.

My family on my mother's side is Icelandic, and my great grandmother used to make us Rotten Shark.
shark1-sm.jpg

scorpion.
it tastes like almond. and thats what i told myself while i was chewing. "it's just an almond..."

Back