what's the stupidest comment you've ever received on a story?

I've been very lucky, I suppose, to get so few stupid comments that I had to scroll through all of them to find even one mildly clueless one - posted to Term Paper Blues, a 6 Lit page/21K word story in Erotic Couplings:

"Okay but too long for this section."

A subsequent commenter stated the obvious that a story takes as long as it takes and that there's no maximum length for EC or any other category.

I don't know what the right-wing equivalent of SJW types are, but I've had them post incoherent screeds on my stories.

In My Sister Set Me Up on a Blind Date, the older brother has come home for the summer to a small town after spending the year dating a Women's Studies major who was a big proponent of positive consent. He says some things that are critical of small town attitudes. His sister convinces him to take her on a "practice" date, and for a while on the date they do some positive consent stuff. As positive consent eventually got in the way of the story I wanted to tell, I stopped mentioning it. It's a fun story and has a 4.8 rating.

But that small amount of positive consent was more than enough to offend a lot of commenters.
++++++++
Mixed feelings
First of all you wrote an excellent story with great pace and a quasi-realistic plot (I don't like most incest stories where they just get physical right away). You did have a few minor typing errors (I only mention that because you had a post script to your story). I would PM you but, I believe, you have to have an account and I don't - and I don't want one, either. I gave you four out of five stars for two reasons. The first is I believe that you wrote Todd to be an apologist for the masculine gender. The second is I am firmly opposed to positive consent. It might have been a construct to further your plot. I vascilated between giving you four and five stars but, as a man, I chose to give you four because the story was outstanding even if it was tainted by the aforementioned issues. Thanks! Also, you're the first author to use extended author's notes. I am excited to read yours.
++++++++
Feminism is the least arousing thing ever
I was excited at the title, but then I started reading. I don't care how hot the girl is, feminist propaganda deserves no place here.
++++++++
Not even halfway through page two and
your characters are prattling on about "patriarchal" small towns and related bullshit, delusional social theories only taken seriously by brainless "Gender Studies" majors and other lackwitted imbeciles who wouldn't recognize *true* "social justice" if it danced naked in front of them and gave them a (well-deserved) slap in the face. I took the mentions of the ridiculous concept that is "positive consent" (aka "affirmative consent") with a massive grain of salt, because I was interested in the story, but...Stars and Stones this guy is an absolute imbecile! She's not having trouble getting a date with a decent guy because of "the patriarchy" or sexism, she's having trouble getting a date with a decent guy because her definition of "decent" is Will Smith, basically! ...On second thought, no, I'm sure it's actually the patriarchy, not the fact that there's a limited supply of potential "Will Smith"-s in a (as described) *small* town. Yep, I'm sure that's it. Darn that evil sexism! /sarcasm ...Jesus!

Do not pass "Go," do not collect $200, etc. I'll finish the story, but at this point, if this stupidity consumes much more of the plot and dialogue, I cannot imagine this work deserving more than one or two stars, in my estimation.
++++++++
Seriously?
Is feminism dogma now taking over erotic novels? This guy is a little cuck bitch and you had to just throw in "positive consent" bullshit into this?
++++++++
Personally...
...I thought there was way too much of the new snowflake b.s. A guy can be a guy and still be respectful without being a border-line cuck. That being said, I did enjoy the characters and would love to see a sequel further along in the summer and possibly continuing on into college.
++++++++
Patronising
What is this cancer? I wish there was a feature the diametric opposite of favouriting.

Both making western society seem like Saudi Arabia, and the 'Good Samaritan smart girl parable': I've not read such conceited, fictitious proselytising in ages. It's an insult to truly intelligent women, and any man who's not a n utter fuckstick alike.

You're either unabashedly indoctrinated by some virulent ideological, or just plain ignorant.
++++++++
Could have been good
The feminist lecturing sucked all the fun out of it. This is a sex story site, not a damned women's studies class - and nobody with any talent or taste takes more than a semester of women's studies anyway.
++++++++

Wow, they really didn't like that story.

I have had negative comments from readers who don't like women. If you dare to make female characters intelligent or assertive, or if you portray male characters as bumbling buffoons, they will hate your story and comment to this effect.

In one of my stories 'The Coal Miner and the Conservative', which takes place during the UK miners' strike in 1984, the lead female character Felicity is a stuck up and smug 19-year-old university student from a posh area of London, and who always has plenty to say. It drew one angry comment from a very irate reader who told me to 'WRITE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT SPOILED ROTTEN BITCHES'. The same reader also hated my story about cheating yuppies set in Queensland, Australia in 1993 called 'Bridget the Bossy Bridezilla' where the titular character is a spoiled Daddy's girl who treats her fiancé badly and who cheats out of pure spite and vindictiveness, but he didn't comment directly on her but on the story itself, describing it as 'mindless, disjointed drivel'.

Conversely, when I wrote a fetish series called 'Spoiled Princess Hates Camping' I thought that the unlikable female protagonist Madison might draw some negative comment like 'what a spoiled brat' or 'I'd like to spank her, and not in an erotic way' however she received no negative comments. But some readers of this story didn't seem to like the male characters, a loud mouthed Australian yobbo and his New Zealand sidekick, describing them as 'idiots'.

Mixed feelings
First of all you wrote an excellent story with great pace and a quasi-realistic plot (I don't like most incest stories where they just get physical right away). You did have a few minor typing errors (I only mention that because you had a post script to your story). I would PM you but, I believe, you have to have an account and I don't - and I don't want one, either. I gave you four out of five stars for two reasons. The first is I believe that you wrote Todd to be an apologist for the masculine gender. The second is I am firmly opposed to positive consent. It might have been a construct to further your plot. I vascilated between giving you four and five stars but, as a man, I chose to give you four because the story was outstanding even if it was tainted by the aforementioned issues. Thanks! Also, you're the first author to use extended author's notes. I am excited to read yours.
++++++++

Wait, what? "I am firmly opposed to positive consent." That has to be the creepiest thing I've seen written on a story yet, or is there a context to it that I'm missing?

Or does he mean, 'I only like it when the mother/sister is raped'? Because... :rolleyes:

The rest, well. If you can't hate women on a forum where in all liklihood 80% or more of the audience is female, where can you hate women, eh?

I think some of those lads need more intelligent female company. Or - just any female company.

Wait, what? "I am firmly opposed to positive consent." That has to be the creepiest thing I've seen written on a story yet, or is there a context to it that I'm missing?

Or does he mean, 'I only like it when the mother/sister is raped'? Because... :rolleyes:

The rest, well. If you can't hate women on a forum where in all liklihood 80% or more of the audience is female, where can you hate women, eh?

I think some of those lads need more intelligent female company. Or - just any female company.

Context: "positive consent" is a concept that's been getting a bit of airplay in the last few years, basically the idea that consent should involve an explicit "yes" or equivalent, rather than just "she didn't say no so I assume she was okay with it".

Unfortunately it's turned into something of a political talking point, because some folk are of the view that any standard stricter than "silence is consent" is an unacceptable infringement on their traditional courtship practices. And in some cases because it's an idea that feminists talk about, and anything that feminists espouse must be bad. That often turns into some sort of "nowadays you need a signed and witnessed contract to kiss a girl" exaggeration of what positive consent means.

I suspect that's where the quoted commenter is coming from. It's not an outright "I only enjoy nonconsent stories" but it is "I don't like the idea that consent needs to be positively indicated".

I'm a big fan of positive consent IRL, and I often include it in my stories (as you may have noticed - I see you've been reading :) Sometimes it's as simple as "if you kiss me, I'm going to drag you off to bed" and sometimes it's a more formal discussion. But I don't think I've explicitly labelled it as "positive consent", which might be why I haven't had that sort of hostile comment on mine - or it may be to do with categories.

Context: "positive consent" is a concept that's been getting a bit of airplay in the last few years, basically the idea that consent should involve an explicit "yes" or equivalent, rather than just "she didn't say no so I assume she was okay with it".

Unfortunately it's turned into something of a political talking point, because some folk are of the view that any standard stricter than "silence is consent" is an unacceptable infringement on their traditional courtship practices. And in some cases because it's an idea that feminists talk about, and anything that feminists espouse must be bad. That often turns into some sort of "nowadays you need a signed and witnessed contract to kiss a girl" exaggeration of what positive consent means.

I suspect that's where the quoted commenter is coming from. It's not an outright "I only enjoy nonconsent stories" but it is "I don't like the idea that consent needs to be positively indicated".

I'm a big fan of positive consent IRL, and I often include it in my stories (as you may have noticed - I see you've been reading :) Sometimes it's as simple as "if you kiss me, I'm going to drag you off to bed" and sometimes it's a more formal discussion. But I don't think I've explicitly labelled it as "positive consent", which might be why I haven't had that sort of hostile comment on mine - or it may be to do with categories.

I'm with you now. Personally, I like the idea of enthusiastic consent, as it gets me out of the hole of trying to read what the person's thinking and feeling. I can ask.

I had a comment on my first story that said "I laughed aloud". Well I'm the one who was laughing last and stuff cause you don't know how to spell "a lot".

Debbie :heart:

I had a comment on my first story that said "I laughed aloud". Well I'm the one who was laughing last and stuff cause you don't know how to spell "a lot".

Debbie :heart:

He didn't misspell "a lot" the word he used is "aloud" meaning he laughed out loud. :eek:

Her name is the first giveaway. :D

Kinda like mine I guess! Hey, you're new here! My names Jessie, well its Little Jessie, not 'lil' cause I don't know how to rap, but little like I act little and silly when I'm not being Lovecraft68's babygirl.

Mrs. LC uses me too and pretty harsh...Little Jessie come on over here and...wash the dishes, then vacuum, walk the dog and tell my anti social husband to get his ass out of his office because my mother's coming over!

I mean, she can be a bitch! Lovecraft is awesome though cause he makes me say that!

I was hired to be a scouries troll, but when that big meanie left I just sort of went into my room to play.'

Looks around...yeah, its still lame around here.

Kinda like mine I guess! Hey, you're new here! My names Jessie, well its Little Jessie, not 'lil' cause I don't know how to rap, but little like I act little and silly when I'm not being Lovecraft68's babygirl.

Mrs. LC uses me too and pretty harsh...Little Jessie come on over here and...wash the dishes, then vacuum, walk the dog and tell my anti social husband to get his ass out of his office because my mother's coming over!

I mean, she can be a bitch! Lovecraft is awesome though cause he makes me say that!

I was hired to be a scouries troll, but when that big meanie left I just sort of went into my room to play.'

Looks around...yeah, its still lame around here.

Wow! I thought I was alone and stuff cause I figured as much as everyone hate me and stuff nobody would be dumb enough to do the same thing cause why would anybody put up with all the abuse just to write stories but I guess somebody gets it afterall but Darnoel isn't mean to me like that he just keeps me locked up sometimes. But he says anybody that only writes stories like the way they are just writes the same crap over and over so you you gotta go to places you never been to be better writing and stuff.

Debbie :heart

Something that really sums up the last few posts....

bd755abb0c0cffe40eb608da8b00291a.jpg

Last edited:
Because only illiterate dumb asses use LOL. :rolleyes:

Or anyone who is high school aged and all adults who spend all day online acting like they're high school age.

We're old farts Zeb, okay you're a lot older than me, but I was'n't cool or trendy even back at an age where people cared about that, its way too late to start now.

my current favorite is: i prefer tuna to peanut butter.

That's my current favourite too, now! I have to add, humorous comments like that don't bother me in the least.

I had a comment "It's simple: Use a condom and get a 1." That pissed me off, and still does; but it serves as a reminder that there are a lot of readers here who I wouldn't invite to eat my shit if they were starving.

The definitions of positive consent I had read before the article was positive approval for every step every time. I couldn't find anything that described how that would work in real-life (i.e. on a date with someone you've been dating and have been sexually active for a while).

Again, that's not positive consent as I've seen it defined and something like "if you kiss me, I'm going to drag you off to bed" can easily turn disastrous.

I ended up making up how positive consent could work. Here's how Todd (the brother) described positive consent to Ashlynne (the sister):
8letters said:
“Positive consent means that both of us had to consent to every step in the making out process every time.”

“Every step every time?”

“Yes.”

“Didn’t that feel stupid, particularly after a while?”

“It felt very stupid at first. On our first date, we went to dinner and a movie. At the movie, I asked if I could hold her hand and she agreed. Then she asked if she could kiss me and I agreed. Once the movie was over, we got in the car and once I was out of the parking spot, I reach over and grabbed her hand. She yanked it out of my hand and told me that I needed to ask permission before I did something.”

“And what did you think of that?”

“I thought this was going to be our only date.”

“But you went out again?”

“I changed my mind when later, back in her room, she asked if she could give me head.” Ashlynne chuckled. “We quickly dropped verbally asking permission and went to using hand and body gestures.”

“Like what?”

“If I wanted to hold Mandy’s hand, I’d stick my hand out like this.” I held my hand down at 45 degrees from my body with my fingers spread wide. “If she wanted to hold my hand, she’d grab it. She wasn’t obligated to do so.”

I discussed the other gestures we used to ask and give permission. There were a lot of them. I finished with, “If I wanted to touch her pussy, I’d put my palm on her belly button with my fingers pointed down. She would spread her legs to give me permission. Same for her if she wanted to touch my dick. We’d always ask verbal permission for oral sex and for intercourse.”

Back