What Music are you listening to right now ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a couple tunes. Jack White was the drummer right?

Yeah, for some of the shows.. he was terrible. When Dan Miller (Goober) broke up the Peas he started a new band called 2 Star Tabernacle. We saw their first show at the Gold Dollar down in the Cass Corridor. There were a few of us that were buddies with Goober and he was really excited to see us. During the show, this guy kept singing and he was awful. He sounded like a cat being strangled. IMO, it totally ruined the music. Of course we didn't have the heart to tell Goob how bad it was.

Fast forward a few years...Jack White is now a big "star" :rolleyes:...he was at a show we were and I saw him..A buddy told me that the singer in that terrible show was Jack White. So i went over and told him that I had seen him at the Gold Dollar...then I told him that he was terrible and that Goober was WAY more talented than him and it was a shame that he'd gotten big. We had to separated...I would have loved to punch him in the mouth...he's a fuckin asshole.

Good times!!

Yeah, for some of the shows.. he was terrible. When Dan Miller (Goober) broke up the Peas he started a new band called 2 Star Tabernacle. We saw their first show at the Gold Dollar down in the Cass Corridor. There were a few of us that were buddies with Goober and he was really excited to see us. During the show, this guy kept singing and he was awful. He sounded like a cat being strangled. IMO, it totally ruined the music. Of course we didn't have the heart to tell Goob how bad it was.

Fast forward a few years...Jack White is now a big "star" :rolleyes:...he was at a show we were and I saw him..A buddy told me that the singer in that terrible show was Jack White. So i went over and told him that I had seen him at the Gold Dollar...then I told him that he was terrible and that Goober was WAY more talented than him and it was a shame that he'd gotten big. We had to separated...I would have loved to punch him in the mouth...he's a fuckin asshole.

Good times!!

Some people just can't take a compliment.

Ha! You just want my concert tickets! I'm on to you girlie!

Next up was Fuck Time....I hope they play it!

When exactly is your concert??? It sounds as if I'll still be gone on my cruise.

And there will be plenty of pics if she took me ;) ;) ;)

Detroit Cobras are aces. Also, I love Time Bomb High School.

Today though, I'm mellowing out to the new Low album.

Good times!!

Wow that is a crazy story. I actually like a lot of the White Stripes tunes as well as his other projects but you are not the first person I've heard say he was an a-hole. Either way, I can separate the two. And still try and live by the if you don't have anything nice to say code. Especially when it comes to music and art. These things are way too subjective.

Detroit Cobras are aces. Also, I love Time Bomb High School.

Today though, I'm mellowing out to the new Low album.

I saw a band I think was called Low at St Andrews Hall in Detroit.. it was coma inducing.. I have never sat through a slower set of songs ever.. should jacked myself up with heroin before i went..:)

Yeah I like the White Stripes albums, but have disliked everything Jack White has done otherwise - solo, super group, production, etc.

I saw a band I think was called Low at St Andrews Hall in Detroit.. it was coma inducing.. I have never sat through a slower set of songs ever.. should jacked myself up with heroin before i went..:)

I don't know if I would like them live for the reason you mentioned, but I always enjoy their songs. Some great lyrics and wonderful male/female vocal harmonies. I've wore out the Great Destroyer, that song When I Go Deaf is pretty stellar, especially when the crunchy guitars turn the entire song upside down 3 minutes in.

Yeah I like the White Stripes albums, but have disliked everything Jack White has done otherwise - solo, super group, production, etc.

Did you not like the Raconteurs albums? I have to say I like the Brendan Benson tunes more than the Jack White ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back