What’s the difference between Seimens, Pay-to-Play, Banks and the Democrats?

Cap’n AMatrixca

Copper Top
What’s the difference between Seimens AG, Pay-to-Play, Financial Institutions and the Democrat Party?

Now it's happy-go-lucky Bill Richardson playing at ACORN in his state...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aL0GGUluJeT8&refer=worldwide

What kind of deal is Hillary making for Caroline?

;) ;)

Culture of Corruption

Here's my question: When did it become a Pres__ent's job to pick Senate Replacements? Is that his purview?

Talk about chaos and feedback loops, the Democrats have several cozy little cash-back, back-scratch loops going on; Why's Blago a big deal for doing anything other than telling Rahm to go fuck off? they are HIS picks to make unless Obama wants to loose up some of his pile of loot...

Wait'll he gets his official id, uh, and the accompanying FBI files...

Sic Powell on Limbaugh...

:cool:

Last edited:
Where's Nero?

Barack "Nero" Obama? Adopted son of the Cesarian Senate?

How much more of an elite Patrician system do you get than Caroline demanding fer "family's" senate seat?

gee.

i do not know.

Samuel P. Bush (1863-1948) - advisor to President Hoover, President of the Ohio Association of Manufacturers and a major Columbus industrialist (Ohio)

Prescott Bush (1895-1972) - US Senator (Connecticut)

George H. W. Bush (1924-) - 41st President, Congressman (Houston), CIA director (Texas)

George W. Bush (1946-) - 43rd President, 46th Governor of Texas (Texas)

Jeb Bush (1953-) - 43rd Governor of Florida (Florida)

When's Chelsea going to start getting appointed to vacant seats; we now have PROOF that anyone can be Pres__ent with no id, uh why...

gee.

i do not know.

Samuel P. Bush (1863-1948) - advisor to President Hoover, President of the Ohio Association of Manufacturers and a major Columbus industrialist (Ohio)

Prescott Bush (1895-1972) - US Senator (Connecticut)

George H. W. Bush (1924-) - 41st President, Congressman (Houston), CIA director (Texas)

George W. Bush (1946-) - 43rd President, 46th Governor of Texas (Texas)

Jeb Bush (1953-) - 43rd Governor of Florida (Florida)

One problem with your list; they weren't just appointed to their family seats, like Obama, they actually had to go out and "steal" elections...

;) ;)

lol

I crack me up. Guess what I just saw on Drudge...

WHY NOT CHELSEA?

[3 Senators that were constitutionally disqualified due to age WERE admitted to the Senate]

new york is a family seat for the kennedys?

Yeah..., the way she obviously sees it, but it's not been a good year for women NOW Obama is trying to make up for it by simply by-passing the Illinois Constitution and making his own appointment from a list of suddenly qualified women that he likes...

He's the Pres__ent, after all, he's entitled too!

Justice may consider this as a partial vindication, and it is certainly a setback for the three defendants who now face possible jail time on the tax evasion charges. But the fact that the government could not prove its case for a criminal conspiracy calls into question the premise of the entire prosecution. We argued from the beginning that prosecuting tax advisers for selling tax shelters that had never been found illegal in a court of law had an Alice-in-Wonderland quality. This aggressive legal theory produced, in turn, the government misconduct that ultimately led to the dismissals. Now a jury has found that the conspiracy alleged by the government never existed.

Without a conspiracy, even the convictions the government did secure look dubious and could be overturned on appeal. Whether those convictions stand up or not, there are at least 14 innocent people whose lives were turned upside down and careers ruined by overreaching prosecutors. No moral victory can give back what was taken from them by this regrettable, and abusive, episode.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122973258821422991.html

New York did what Obama demanded, Springfield didn't...

;) ;)

Cap’n AMatrixca;29599783 said:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122973258821422991.html

New York did what Obama demanded, Springfield didn't...

;) ;)

i'm not sure how this ties into caroline kennedy, but the case is pretty fucking interesting.

the wall street journal's position is that you shouldn't be able to convict someone of promoting an abusive tax shelter unless a court has already found that sort of scheme abusive. it makes sense on one level--due process requires prior notice that you're gonna be jailed if you do something. it's an untenable rule, though; there would be no restraints on the smart guys in white stocking firms if the had the cover of "well, a court has never passed judgment on this particular plan."

here's why i sometimes like judges:
Two pleaded guilty, while 13 had their charges dismissed after federal Judge Lewis Kaplan found the government had violated their Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights by coercing KPMG into denying them legal assistance, among other offenses.

the government played hardball and the court cried foul. good for the court. i wonder, though, if the result would have been the same had it been a drug trafficker? somehow, i think courts often measure the fifth and sixth amendments differently for graduates of the wharton school of business and nyu law than they do for garden-variety scum.

and here is where the WSJ is disingenuous:

Whether those convictions stand up or not, there are at least 14 innocent people whose lives were turned upside down and careers ruined by overreaching prosecutors.

only one of the 14 had his case go to trial. only one is "innocent." the others had their cases thrown out because of the prosecutor's interference with their fifth and sixth amendment rights; they could have been guilty as hell and still had their cases dismissed for that reason.

It's more of my follow up to my initial reaction to the Blago announcement which was, the guy's been set up for a fall, now why...

Wen Ho Lee, that sort of thing.

Fitzgerald has gone nuts and what's her name, the gal that wrote the law Scooter was "nailed" under, has been very harsh on his tactics, so this just all kinda reminded me of an issue that was rapidly going to devolve into the usual Democrat defense "everyone does it," if Blago decided to fight it out with DC (the best, most recent example being Hillary trying to get Obama to cash out her debt)...

I knew he would not go gently into the good night just like I kinda suspected that Patterson (?) WOULD let Obama name his state's Senator. He was willing to play for no play, Blago wasn't, but I ramble...

They can't fry him without his lawyers going out and demonstrating the open hypocrisy.

We laypeople see how its easy to cop to something lesser when the government comes after you, ESPECIALLY the IRS, Napoleonic Law and all that, says we got you for BIG time...

;) ;)

All we see is another argument for the FairTax, not the Congressional Lottery...

It's more of my follow up to my initial reaction to the Blago announcement which was, the guy's been set up for a fall, now why...

Wen Ho Lee, that sort of thing.

<snip>

i like fitzgerald. i think the governor of illinois was dumb as fuck to do something like that with fitzgerald as u.s. attorney in chicago. that's pure hubris.

i still don't know why scooter didn't just tell the truth during the investigation. *shakes head

so you think the ny seat SHOULD go to the highest bidder?

i like fitzgerald. i think the governor of illinois was dumb as fuck to do something like that with fitzgerald as u.s. attorney in chicago. that's pure hubris.

i still don't know why scooter didn't just tell the truth during the investigation. *shakes head

so you think the ny seat SHOULD go to the highest bidder?

When it comes to appointments, they all do...

This ONE was singled out for a reason, he refused to play ball even though Rahm was sent to hammer on him repeatedly. You could nail him the day the pick was announced and the pick would probably resign in the scandal, so I and everyone else wonder, who leaned on the paper, who leaned on Fitzgerald, why did they all up and suddenly put the .22 to the head of one of their own?

;) ;)

Remember, money = political capital, political capital = money, no?

Last edited:
Cap’n AMatrixca;29599945 said:
When it comes to appointments, they all do...

This ONE was singled out for a reason, he refused to play ball even though Rahm was sent to hammer on him repeatedly. You could nail him the day the pick was announced and the pick would probably resign in the scandal, so I and everyone else wonder, who leaned on the paper, who leaned on Fitzgerald, why did they all up and suddenly put the .22 to the head of one of their own?

;) ;)

Remember, money = political capital, political capital = money, no?

maybe fitzgerald plays that way. it seems unlikely to me.

having said that, i'll add a piece to your theory--obama evidently is going to retain fitzgerald as us attorney. these are political appointments; normally they step down at the end of the term of the appointing president and the new president appoints a new one. so fitzgerald is in rare company in being permitted to hold over so.

And of course, since I think there's a bigger conspiracy, I'm led to the conclusion that Fitz's play for pay is Blago...

;) ;) :D

Why's all Obama's annointed women? Trying to salve a wound?

Stave off Palin?

What about the people back in the ward who believe you replace a black with a black?

This one is very interesting, like a puzzle...

Last edited:
well, i'll add another piece, then.

rozko is cooperating with fitzgerald. if you think fitzgerald can somehow be compromised, he's in a perfect position to contain rozko.

but why would he do that?; hell, he could go to work with almost any firm in NYC, chicago or DC and earn a fortune.

Rezko will give up Blago, yes, but when it comes to Obama, he's Susan MacDougal (sp?).

Just conjecture, but we know the house deal stinks to high heaven, but like Whitewater, his voters and his press don't give a shit; Tony knows he'll get a pardon now, he's been a crook all along at all levels, but he has the Biden-Cari connection going for him too.

Just connecting the dots like any good odd_ball; I'm not one who has delusions that anything hugely grand will come of all this.

;) ;)

Other than a few grand here and there, in Chicago, you need walkin' around money...

Last edited:
Back