Violence against LGBTQ+ people

Crios

Wayfaring Stranger
Pig ignorance. Grothman is a representative for the congressional district neighboring the one I am in so, unfortunately, we see him a lot in the local news. He's racist, misogynistic, homophobic and disguises all of those unsavory and dangerous traits behind the "family values" trope. Because his constituents are almost all white, "Christian," and homophobic, he continues to be re-elected to office. :mad:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...pc=U531&cvid=bb13423fe2cb484fbc195118d92729ca

Christians are the worst advertisements for Christianity. When I think of a Christian I think of a racist homophobic hypocritical judgmental asshole who is actually a pedophile behind closed doors. Fuck them and fuck their worthless religion.

Christians are the worst advertisements for Christianity. When I think of a Christian I think of a racist homophobic hypocritical judgmental asshole who is actually a pedophile behind closed doors. Fuck them and fuck their worthless religion.
Many people use religion to justify their own hatred and cruelty, even though sometimes it's hatred of themselves. What's worse is those who do it for political gain, but some simply hate anyone different from themselves.

Interesting that you see Christians as racists... since there are more non-white Christians in the world that white ones...

Racism isn't confined to any one religion or group, non-white people can be racist too, and certainly not all Christians are racist.

Racism isn't confined to any one religion or group, non-white people can be racist too, and certainly not all Christians are racist.
I have never met a Christian who wasn’t a racist homophobic hypocrite. It’s part of their religion.

Have you met them all? That is actually a very prejudiced view covering a very large multiracial group of people… and no, it is not part of the religion, that is just an ignorant statement.

The White Christian Nationalists making all the news worldwide are the worst of all

Been to a Muslim country lately?
As a matter of fact I have and it reminded me of exactly what the Christians want America to look like: death for anyone who isn’t heterosexual, women kept locked up in private without rights of any kind, prohibition on all drugs and alcohol. All these fanatics are alike!

I have never met a Christian who wasn’t a racist homophobic hypocrite. It’s part of their religion.

Have you met them all? That is actually a very prejudiced view covering a very large multiracial group of people… and no, it is not part of the religion, that is just an ignorant statement.
I don't like to criticise other LGBTQ people but you're not above it either.

Escierto said 'I have never met a Christian....'
You challenged 'Have you met them all?' That's a deflection.

Escierto said 'It's part of their religion' and
You challenged 'it is not part of the religion' . Those are two different things.

I'd also add a further point, which is the difference between Christianity, in this case, and religion. There is nothing especially wrong* with Christianity but the method by which it has been interpreted and made into a religion ( by white men ) has corrupted it's message. The same could be said of Islam - corrupted by men, eager to control with xenophobia, homophobia and sexism.

That's what is seen today in the US, where right wing politics engages with religious groups. There can be no denial that it is pushing racist and homophobic policies.

Starfish - I'm sorry that you find your faith under attack. Instead of flat denying your religion is without fault, you need to distance yourself from the evil in your church and make christianity a religion that embraces and not one that accuses.

* don't get me started on the Old Testament

^^ There is also a huge difference between 'Christianity' and the White Christian Nationalists infesting the US.

^^ There is also a huge difference between 'Christianity' and the White Christian Nationalists infesting the US.
Maybe so but you never hear them disavow the white Christian nationalists or actively work against them. There is a Catholic bishop in Texas who is a white Christian nationalist. Why hasn’t he been excommunicated? They may not be Nazis but they are Nazi collaborators - the whole lot of them!

One was recently defrocked. Not sure if it's the same.
A fanatical priest, Frank Pavone, was indeed defrocked but he had the support of Joseph Strickland, the bishop of Tyler, Texas. Strickland is an anti-vaxxer who also supports Alex Jones and the Capitol Insurrection Rioters.

A fanatical priest, Frank Pavone, was indeed defrocked but he had the support of Joseph Strickland, the bishop of Tyler, Texas. Strickland is an anti-vaxxer who also supports Alex Jones and the Capitol Insurrection Rioters.
That is horrible

I don't like to criticise other LGBTQ people but you're not above it either.

Escierto said 'I have never met a Christian....'
You challenged 'Have you met them all?' That's a deflection.

Escierto said 'It's part of their religion' and
You challenged 'it is not part of the religion' . Those are two different things.

I'd also add a further point, which is the difference between Christianity, in this case, and religion. There is nothing especially wrong* with Christianity but the method by which it has been interpreted and made into a religion ( by white men ) has corrupted it's message. The same could be said of Islam - corrupted by men, eager to control with xenophobia, homophobia and sexism.

That's what is seen today in the US, where right wing politics engages with religious groups. There can be no denial that it is pushing racist and homophobic policies.

Starfish - I'm sorry that you find your faith under attack. Instead of flat denying your religion is without fault, you need to distance yourself from the evil in your church and make christianity a religion that embraces and not one that accuses.

* don't get me started on the Old Testament
no no no, not Islam. They do not dare say Islam. Only Christianity. I am a Christian, I dont care what you do UNLESS IT INVOLVES KIDS. Do NOT touch a kid or child.

As a matter of fact I have and it reminded me of exactly what the Christians want America to look like: death for anyone who isn’t heterosexual, women kept locked up in private without rights of any kind, prohibition on all drugs and alcohol. All these fanatics are alike!
oh crap, first I heard that. I guess I am not a Christan after all. I go toe to toe with you with just about any and all drugs. I am not to big on the speed style drugs because I am already WAY to wound up. I need to slow down. also as far as Chrisianity goes I am thinking about joining Islam. Like I said the left is scared of even saying Islam. Came from the same so called camel hearders that were Christians at some point.

Back