U.S. Air Force In Serious Decline

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry

The U.S. Air Force Is in Serious Decline​

The Air Force today would struggle to execute another Desert Storm, much less take on a peer adversary like China.

by John Venable

In September, the United States Air Force celebrated another birthday. At age 76, it is in bad shape.

Despite lowering qualification standards, it cannot attract enough recruits to fill its ranks. The size and serviceability of its combat aircraft are at all-time lows. Truncated training has weakened pilot readiness.

In sum, the Air Force today would struggle to execute another Desert Storm, much less take on a peer adversary like China. Even more distressing, the service’s leaders show no interest in pulling out of that downward spiral. Let’s start with a few facts.

U.S. Air Force Recruiting

The active duty Air Force missed its FY 2023 recruiting goals by 11 percent. Its Air Reserve component fell short by 30 percent. The chief of Air Force recruiting said the numbers would have been much worse had the service not changed its policies regarding drug use, body composition, age, and the like. While some deny that equates to lower standards, it most certainly brings them into question.

More here: https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/us-air-force-serious-decline-207728

Political Air Force officers aren't interested in the lethality of the force, only that there is a complete spectrum of leftwing favored groupuscules forming its ranks and officer corps.

In other news, a military industrial lobbying organization says we need to spend more money on the military.

Did the USAF ever mention what happened to that fighter jet that went a missing or did the White House just sweep it under the rug and hope we'd all forget about that it went missing??

Like whaaaaat 🤣??

Former USAF and am amazed at seeing how overweight active duty are when I see them. Granted I was TACP while in service and didn't get to Air Force bases often but never saw what currently passes for weight standards today

Just about every time you hear about the Air Force Academy in the news, it's got something to do with the staff pushing right-wing pseudo-christianity on the students, and any students who don't fit the cookie-cutter profile feeling marginalized. Maybe if they addressed that problem, they'd see better numbers.

Former USAF and am amazed at seeing how overweight active duty are when I see them. Granted I was TACP while in service and didn't get to Air Force bases often but never saw what currently passes for weight standards today

Why the fuck did you guys even have weight standards?

Hopefully the US military will continue to decline... and police will continue to be defunded.

That'll make things a lot better when they are used to enforce tyranny on American citizens.

There's always a bright side!
"Enforcing tyranny on American citizens," ironically, is exactly what you want to happen. I don't detect any sarcasm in your post at all.

Fun
..another one of these threads.
Always whackadoodle hand-wringing when the economy is strong and blue collar young men and women don't join the military out of economic necessity. Plus there's no war going on which lessens the number of "future ReichGuides" just want to "shoot Muslims" without fear of accountability.

why train pilots
rip out the cockpit
fit a control unit
get some spotty 17 year old to fly it via xbox controller

Another reason the Hill-Billies don't like it. The Xbox controller doesn't care about the weight of the operator nor the sex/gender/preferred pronouns.

You could have just said there is no fucking reason and called it a day. For future reference when asked a question "look it up." is not an answer its a cop out.
So you want to insult but not do any research yourself. Some of us had physically demanding jobs in the Air Force PJs, CCTs and TACPs when I was in. If you're unfamiliar with any of those terms then you have no valid reason to generalize.

So you want to insult but not do any research yourself. Some of us had physically demanding jobs in the Air Force PJs, CCTs and TACPs when I was in. If you're unfamiliar with any of those terms then you have no valid reason to generalize.

I shouldn't be doing research myself. You should be supporting your point. The fact that you are pointing out that Some of you had physically demanding jobs and expecting me to know the terms for Air Force units proves you not only are wrong, you know exactly why you're wrong. Which is so much worse because then you're a lying piece of shit not mistaken.

It's the same fool argument the ammosexuals put forward. Anyone who doesn't know what random acronyms stand for doesn't qualify to have an opinion on whether it's a good idea for mentally ill people to wander the streets with high powered weaponry etc etc.

I work in a specialized arena and I don't expect outsiders to know every acronym I use.

It's the same fool argument the ammosexuals put forward. Anyone who doesn't know what random acronyms stand for doesn't qualify to have an opinion on whether it's a good idea for mentally ill people to wander the streets with high powered weaponry etc etc.

I work in a specialized arena and I don't expect outsiders to know every acronym I use.

Ammosexuals make a similar but argument but one that works against them when challenged. I don't need to know the specifics of what the exact difference is between this weapon and that to have a valid opinion on the types of weapons we should be allowing and why.

When it comes to the military for every job that you need Billy Badass doing you have a mechanic whose job is working on trucks. I mean as long as you have a few translaters I don't give a shit if Jose Pedros can speak a single word of English. I drop of my car with Mike he tells me when its done. I don't care if Jose is 250 lbs and would literally die if asked to run a mile. I want my car fixed. There are electricians, doctors and warehouse workers. Contrary to popular myth ammunition, car parts and food don't spawn in like you're playing Halo. Someone gets in a truck and drives it to a central location.

What about a drone pilot. I don't care if Colonel Pentakill dresses up as Sailor Moon, poops in a litter box, their sexuality is best defined as Wheel of Miss Fortune and Sir Prize while living in their mother's basement. I care that if the drone is supposed to knock out a target that said target is gone or that I get the intel on what's waiting on the other side of this bridge.

Back