Two stories

mabsls

Experienced
Story 1- MC is married and working for her father who treats him like shit. He walks away from the job and his wife. I don’t think they divorced, but my memory is fuzzy on that part. I do seem to remember he gets a big settlement or does something that he has a very healthy savings account. He gets a new job working for an older lady that deals in heavy equipment. I think he was at an auction looking to buy new equipment when he meets a couple (brother and sister if I remember correctly). They have an idea for a new battery for heavy equipment, but don’t have the money to develop and build it. He becomes a partner. While taking time off, he goes to Florida (I think), and somehow gets involved with his wife’s brother who has a boat. Months later, his wife, her mother, and her father are visiting to see her brother. He’s not on the boat at the time, and when dad sees the MC, he throws a fit, so MC kicks him over the side, soaking dad. Brother shows up about that time and knows his asshole father messed up. Later in the story, wife needs help. Brother is lost in a storm. MC and partners get on an even bigger boat to look for wife’s brother. She thinks the boat belongs to the brother and sister, and that the sister is MC’s girlfriend. Turns out the boat is MC’s and the girl is just his partner. I also remember the name of his yacht is something that makes reconciliation a possibility.

Story 2 - I’m really fuzzy on this one. MC goes to work for a particular company. The head of the company has a beautiful daughter who likes to race. You have to win against her for her to go on a date with her. MC doesn’t take the bet, but he does get to know her, and he thinks he’s making progress toward her. They make plans to go out to dinner, but drive separately. She’s in front, and another guy pulls up to challenge her, and she takes the bet. As they speed off, MC goes a different direction. He’s distant to her (feelings are hurt, and he wants her to stop racing). Somehow they make up and only race each other.

Either of these sound familiar?

Back