TSCLT 5.0:The Hemi Dungeon Powered By Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the radio was an option. I think that heaters were standard by that time. They used to be options, once upon a time.

That same car today would have a lot of people asking $40K for it, and more for the loaded ones. They offered the 400 and Hemis as optional equipment that year, too.

But the base-price RR would fly pretty well just as it was. Some called the 383 "the big block that thinks it's a small block" because of how it would wind up.

Back to the mountains. Insh'Allah, I shall see both rocky and girl-flesh mountains . . . .

43ca768b1ea163e6083c5e02cabd4c7e--cloud-post.jpg

Riding the Mother Road.

Going to and from family I drive a good distance on I-40, which is old Rte. 66. Having nothing better to do than not crash I look at the plates on the vehicles I pass and those that pass me. Westbound was a mixed bag but there was more than a fair share of Kansas plates. Eastbound Texas and California plates stood out and more than a few of the CA. plated vehicles were towing U-Hauls.

Sign of the times.

She's got a mouth full of innuendo but she makes it sound innocent somehow.

I'm glad that all of those who can't cut it in my glorious state are moving east to be with all of the other losers :)

Back to the home away from home. The landlady had a bad weekend. She found a bit of mold in the living room and jumped through hoops go get it gone and treated. Sounds like she did a good job.

She still has her ongoing contractor issue up in the air, and I'm being such a good boy staying as fucking far from that as a body can and still be staying here.

The clothes are hung. The bag still needs to be unpacked, but that's easy. I could just dress out of it for the week - socks and t-shirts. We'll see.

And I did get to see Dawn. Her sweatshirt showed nothing, but it's all the same in a side view, so . . . .

tumblr_mabxq2Kr791rwqsllo1_1280.jpg

Oh, and fuck VA Tech for their last-minute scheduling addition of Marshall so, if they win, they'll be "bowl eligible" at a mighty-mighty W-L of .500.

It's hard to tell which outcome would be preferable, a Marshall win or a Tech win and getting iggied anyway.

But since you can't count on the iggie (politix), I'm pulling for the Thundering Herd to roll those pussies over like clover.

One more reason I'm over football . . . .

playboycyberclub-model-9.jpg

Happy Monday!!!

It's very warm for this time of year in this location, but that will be blowing out as the day goes along. What will be blowing in may very well contain . . . sneaux. Allah truly is fucking with me. This is personal, I can tell.

It should be a relatively quiet morning on the jobsite as people wander back in from their going home long weekends. Insh'Allah I can get a good jump on the woodwork and knock a big chunk of it out.

The coffee this morning is a winner.

tumblr_pi23q472rJ1ubsampo1_640.jpg

tumblr_pi23m4kMBh1ubsampo1_640.jpg

Morning Wat. Good coffee here too. Clear day with highs in the mid 50's.

Need to unpack and put stuff away. Clean the guns and maybe do a little shopping.

I've been busy the last three days but I'm caught up now.

Wat, instead of getting another fridge why not look at one of the small freezers, I have a 3.1 upright that I use for frozen dinners, it's small enough I just put the microwave on top of it so it doesn't take any extra space.

Celebacy is eschewing matrimony: a celibate can fuck who the heck they want as long as they don't marry anyone. Catholic priests are both celibate and chaste (well, they're supposed to be...) so celibacy and chastity have become erroneously comingled.

Home. Stopped for Chinee at a different place. It's okay. I kept it very simple and cheap.

This assignment is wearing on me. Really. Like, this shit is old, maybe even beyond old. Not the company, just the assignment. I've never been on one with this outfit that's had the wheels fall off it and roll over the cliff quite like this one. :(

And some of my thinking isn't, shall we say, helpful. :eek:

Watching a busload of select Litlibs go over the cliff after the job's wheel would make me smile . . . .

28-14.jpg

I was on one of those jobs once. In this particular case I was a subcontractor to a subcontractor. The PM was a SFB load mouth that didn't have a clue as to how to organize a job and when the wheels started coming off he blamed everyone but himself.

I wish I could put a name on what's up here.

I know, I'll call it Fred.

If we could get rid of Fred, we could sort this shit-show out.

The new PM may be short-time.

tumblr_o9nj2dhTXZ1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_otrv7bVqK21tivntvo2_1280.jpg

Every job seems to have a Fred. Sometimes you can work around Fred, other times not.

A lot of PM's that I've run into are just underpaid handymen working mostly for the board if that's part of their perks. When it comes to a rehab job most are smart enough to get out of the way. And then you run into a Fred.

What is most troubling is I feel that I'm (including the other supers) not getting the real story.

Allegedly, we have a bonus tied to performance, and we're not hitting those dates. Yet I overheard a conversation the other day about "hitting numbers," and those are budget figures. So we're on budget, it seems.

That's what got us paid on the first gig.

I don't know - we'll see.

tumblr_n7gho4rnhN1s116y0o1_1280.jpg

He may not be getting the complete scoop, either.

And he may be the problem, so it'd be like mentioning the elephant in the room.

At least it hasn't started to snow yet. Yet.

Aaaaaaaand, it could very easily stay below freezing until Thursday. Pshaw!!!

46815687_10215962152241017_8059238146459566080_n.jpg

George_Sepulveda_38_Ford.jpg

lusciousnet_65077444151-katya-sambu_105897069.jpg

Happy Tuesday!!!

Thanks for the mo' money wishes, Dear. It's funny how many of us are totally convinced that mo' money will solve mo' problems, and that nothing going wrong in Life won't be put in its place by Mo' Money. What if what Wat really needs is . . . mo' Allah??? What then????

Mo' warm air would be a nice thought for the day, but it looks like ain't a-gonna happen, damn it. Thanks be to Allah for fuzzy socks and woolly hats-n-gloves.

And coffee. That's a lot to think about on one cuppa . . . .

tumblr_pi0f66Lym41r1dohfo1_400.gif

tumblr_nseytm5ykb1s0i0nvo1_1280.jpg

Yes, Happiness is at least mostly a choice.

Like not spending time with negative liars and that sort. Learning what works and what doesn't, and doing what works. Not wallowing in the occasional bad shit that shows up.

Making a gratitude list works for some. Reaching out to others who go through the same things sometimes works for me. But doing something always trumps doing nothing. I can't rest my way out of a bad place, I have to act my way out.

And kittehs. And tits . . . .

tumblr_makqdcwKQF1rbinf6o1_1280.jpg

Morning Wat.

Another sunny day with a coolish start in the works.

Not a lot to do today but rake some leaves. The wind shifted while I was gone and what was in the street is now in my yard. Karma is a bitch.

I worked with a Fred once, his uncle was the big boss so he was a mandatory accessory at the time and I don't miss him.

We, however, have managed to get a second temp and things are falling into place well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back