Truth.

Fact: the rape rate in UK is 0.9%, vs 0.4% in the US.

Fact: The US ranks 15th in the world for total crime victims (21.1%), vs the UK 3rd place at
26.4%

Fact: The risk of being an assault victim in the US ranks 9th in the world at 1.2 per 100K, vs 2nd in the world UK at 2.8

Fact: fear of crime in UK is actually 2% higher than in the US. If being gunfree is the answer, it sure doesn’t show up in the data!

This seems like a good time to bring up the questions I've been waiting for the pro-child killers to answer about their love of guns: how many more dead kids is it going to take that stricter gun laws are needed?

Go on gun people tell me, give me a number. I've been waiting for months but you never seem to answer the question.

This seems like a good time to bring up the questions I've been waiting for the pro-child killers to answer about their love of guns: how many more dead kids is it going to take that stricter gun laws are needed?

Go on gun people tell me, give me a number. I've been waiting for months but you never seem to answer the question.

We’ve seen MILLIONS of children killed thru abortion, and that hasn’t slowed the true child killers down in the least, you want to talk child killers, the left holds a massive lead in that category.

If you were TRULY interested in protecting school kids, you’d be permitting teachers and staff to conceal carry in the schools instead of this insane ‘gun free zone’ bullshit. They aren’t gun free when only the killer has a gun...

Last edited:
Fact: the rape rate in UK is 0.9%, vs 0.4% in the US.

Fact: The US ranks 15th in the world for total crime victims (21.1%), vs the UK 3rd place at
26.4%

Fact: The risk of being an assault victim in the US ranks 9th in the world at 1.2 per 100K, vs 2nd in the world UK at 2.8

Fact: fear of crime in UK is actually 2% higher than in the US. If being gunfree is the answer, it sure doesn’t show up in the data!

The only crime you can compare country to country is murder. Murder is murder no matter what. All others depend on what is called crime in that particular country. In the UK saying to someone "I will kill you" is a criminal offence. In Greece and Cyprus it is a normal part of a heated argument. The more laws a country has the higher the crime rate will be, simply because there are more laws to break.

Now, look at your figures for the only crime which is the same in every country. Shows a completely different picture.
The crime that most people are afraid of in Britain is haaving their phone stolen.

We’ve seen MILLIONS of children killed thru abortion, and that hasn’t slowed the true child killers down in the least, you want to talk child killers, the left holds a massive lead in that category.

If you were TRULY interested in protecting school kids, you’d be permitting teachers and staff to conceal carry in the schools instead of this insane ‘gun free zone’ bullshit. They aren’t gun free when only the killer has a gun...

You guys tickle me. You keep pretending that gun control only applies to law abiding citizens and that everyone else carries whatever they want. The simple fact is that if no one is allowed to carry a gun everyone knows immediately who the bad guy is. That makes it so much easier to get him off the street.

We've had one school shooting in my memory, Dunblane. Handguns were banned, we never had another. arming teachers just gives the attacker, who has the benefit of surprise, more replacement weapons to save having to reload.

The triangle area of North Carilina proudly proclaims itself to be one of the safest areas in America. Try telling that comforting thought to the lady that was just carjacked at gunpoint at the local Target parking lot this week. ‘Safe’ is a relative term, and you’re actually only ever as safe as you make yourself. You can’t substitute a cell phone for a handgun, they simply don’t have the firepower to truly make you ‘safe’
Yes, using a cellphone can get you killed, especially if there are cops around.

I don't know the lady, I don't know the story, and I don't know what happened next, but when being held at gunpoint, no amount of firepower will make the average person be safe, certainly not when you're not already holding that gun. It is probably safer to try not to be a threat and just cooperate.
It is also more legal. Law-abiding citizens know that brandishing a weapon is against the law. It doesn't matter if you point a gun at a criminal or a saint, if you don't have a badge you're breaking the law by doing so.

And, again, if you eliminate suicides, and gang and drug related homicides, our numbers would fall right in line with everyone else's. Suicide is a self solving problem with no real victim. Drugs are a bigger problem here because of unprotected borders and more coastline than most other countries. And drugs are what the gangs are all about. Get rid of gangs and drugs and our overall crime rates would drop dramatically.

Also important to note that while our homicide rates may be higher, violent crime rates for many of the countries you listed are higher than ours. It's just that people there get beat up but survive. They get raped but survive. They get stabbed but survive. Their business is robbed but no one died.

Man, you're a fucking moron. I fucking post the numbers about HOMICIDES, you fucking moron, to you, and you claim your bullshit. Our numbers do not fall right in line with everyone else's, unless by "everyone else" you mean Lebanon, Russia, and Yemen.

It's a fucking miracle you have enough brain power to type, fuckwad.

Seems republicans don't know what the truth is either since this statement is a blatant lie. It was still legal to own semi-automatic weapons in 1987. which is when this happened

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungerford_massacre

There has always been tight regulation of firearms but up until 1987 if you met the licencing conditions you could own semi-automatic weapons. Handguns were not banned until 1996, when this happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

I love the way you guys just make up other country's history.

Another lie. The UK murder rate is not higher than the USA it is only about two-thirds that of the USA. Recent headlines have correctly told you that London's murder rate is higher than New York but that is one city, the rest of the country is much quieter.

Yesterday your prez came out with another lie when he said that Germany has a rising crime rate due to immigration. It doesn't last year recorded crime was down in Germany.

Why use facts when you can just make things up?

What the FUCK does that have to do with WWII and And the guns we sent to the civilian population???

Send a gun to defend a British home.

The OVERALL VIOLENT CRIME rate in UK is higher than the US. Not just murder. Not just gun violence. ALL violent crimes. Yes your murder rate overall(not per capita) is lower than ours. Gun murders are lower. But the overall violent crime rate, including assault, rape, sexual assault, burglary, robbery, carjackings, arson, etc is higher.

Germany's crime rates rising due to immigrants from the middle east? Yes last year crime may have been down but they are rising THIS year.

Your reading comprehension needs some serious attention.

Man, you're a fucking moron. I fucking post the numbers about HOMICIDES, you fucking moron, to you, and you claim your bullshit. Our numbers do not fall right in line with everyone else's, unless by "everyone else" you mean Lebanon, Russia, and Yemen.

It's a fucking miracle you have enough brain power to type, fuckwad.

Then you need to go do some reading. Welcome to my ignore list.

I really do support creating a law requiring every citizen to buy and conceal carry a handgun, as a protection of their health. This should be made law by amending it to Obamacare health plans

I’m so glad we can agree, and that two can play the same silly game

The feeling of being safe.

IDK I'm sure it's different for everyone....because feelings are fickle bullshit like that.

Do you think an environment where you have to be aware of guns, and even be advised to carry one yourself, is a good starting point?

Has to be...there are guns and other weapons everywhere.

I've had a lot of teachers. I can't think of one I'd like to see with a gun.

I've had a lot of teachers. I can't think of one I'd like to see with a gun.

We used to go hunting with several teachers after school. Nearly everyone had a gun in their vehicle during school hours. Nobody worried, nobody died, just got some wild game for dinner.

What the FUCK does that have to do with WWII and And the guns we sent to the civilian population???

Send a gun to defend a British home.

Your reading comprehension needs some serious attention.

First, your propaganda link doesn't work.
next, you told outright lies about the gun laws in the uk during the second world war period. Provided they gained a licence civilians could hold weapons. Those that did were encouraged to surrender them so they could be used at the front. All the weapons we could make went to the front as did all the fit men. While you guys were trying to make up your mind who had the best chance of winning, we were left with the old and infirm to defend our country. Those who couldn't go formed the home guard and were eventually armed with Lee Enfield rifles and the occasional Thompson submachine gun. Everything we got from the US at that point we paid top dollar for even though much of it was only fit for the scrap heap. In fact, we didn't finish paying the USA back for their "gifts" until 1998.

There never was a relaxation of the law to allow civilians to hold unlicensed weapons so where would these weapons have gone?

Germany's crime rates rising due to immigrants from the middle east? Yes, last year crime may have been down but they are rising THIS year.

There you go making things up again. This year's figures have not been published so how can you possibly know that. Do you or the president have an inside line to the German statistics department?

The OVERALL VIOLENT CRIME rate in UK is higher than the US. Not just murder. Not just gun violence. ALL violent crimes. Yes your murder rate overall(not per capita) is lower than ours. Gun murders are lower. But the overall violent crime rate, including assault, rape, sexual assault, burglary, robbery, carjackings, arson, etc is higher.

Again you are making things up there are no records kept for carjackings in the UK and burglary is not counted as a violent crime Arson is only considered a violent crime if it endangered life, otherwise it is a crime against property.
Assault in the UK can simply be unwanted personal contact. As I said in a previous post Murder is the only crime that has the same criteria all over the world so it is the only crime you can compare. On that score the US performance is woeful.

So they banned the sale of kitchen knives to anyone under 21 and required ID to purchase them at all. And while you can still order kitchen knives online, you cannot have them delivered to your home address. You have to pick them up in person with proper ID.

There you go making things up again.
These measures are only things that are currently under consideration, it is not the law and probably will not be so. You know this because we have had this argument before but it doesn't stop you regurgitating the same old lies.

Is there really anything you say that we can believe?

That's because you would have been the one they'd WANT to shoot.
I'm sure you'd approve of allowing teachers to off a few students if it teaches respect for the Second Amendment and the NRA.

Yep. Peacful UK where everyone is safe.

We don't claim that the UK is safe. We too have gang-related violence.

We just claim that proportionally we have fewer murders, and far fewer deaths from guns. The statistics prove that the US is way out of line compared with other developed countries for gun deaths.

It's an American problem and there doesn't seem to be a reasonable way for US politicians to solve it.

I have no answers to that problem, just occasional annoyance that people claim the UK has it to the same extent.

It's an American problem and there doesn't seem to be a reasonable way for US politicians to solve it.

Oh sure there are just like with immigration, budgets and HC reform.

We just have a corrupt ass shit congress that for decades has refused to do it's job and we the people refuse to fire them for it.

This fall we will send some high 80's maybe even 90% + of the same congress critters back to fuck around for another term.

We don't claim that the UK is safe. We too have gang-related violence.

We just claim that proportionally we have fewer murders, and far fewer deaths from guns. The statistics prove that the US is way out of line compared with other developed countries for gun deaths.

I have no answers to that problem, just occasional annoyance that people claim the UK has it to the same extent.

There are UK residents that have posted in this very thread how safe they feel in the UK.

And yes you have far fewer gun deaths there. No argument from me on that. But OTHER means of murder and assault made up for the lack of guns. The OVERALL violent crime rate is higher there.

Scroll down to "Totoal crimes per 1000"

There IS a way to solve it. Punish the criminals, not the lawful citizens. Taking away law abiding citizens guns because some looney shoot some people is the same as castrating all 30 yr old men because a 30 yr old man raped a dozen women. Or throwing all women in jail for prostitution because they have tits. It's not the equipment that is the problem. It's the person controlling the equipment. Punish the ones misusing the equipment.

I have heard the argument many times and even in this thread the Britain's crime is mostly in London, your largest city. Now consider that the US has more than 20 major metropolises that would compare to London. Where do you think the majority of our crime is? Half of those cities, and most of the worst for crime, are cities with extremely strict gun control.

Chicago
Washington D.C.
New York City
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Atlanta
Detroit
Houston
New Orleans
St Louis
Kansas City
Los Angeles

I'm seeing a pattern here...

Perhaps we should be banning Professional Athletic Sports. That's the real cause. Yeah. Blame basketball, football and Baseball. They're the real cause. That makes just as much sense as banning guns.

There are nearly twice as many lawful gun owners in America, who have never committed a single crime, than the UK's entire population. There are enough guns, legally owned, to arm every person in America. There is enough live ammunition here to shoot every single person in this country at least 20 times. If guns or lawful gun owners were the real problem, you would KNOW it.

Fix the real problem. Do something about the criminals and the criminally insane.

My I - as usual you are comparing apples and bricks.

Definitions of crime vary by country and legislation. Measuring 'crimes' is meaningless without a very long list of caveats and exceptions.

Murder/Homicide is the only statistic that most countries collect on a similar basis but even that can vary by jurisdiction.

Per 100,000 of population:

Murders? The US leads the UK by a long way. 5.35 per 100,000 to 1.20

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Deaths by firearm? Not surprisingly the US leads the UK by a long way. Firearms are not so easily available in the UK so the difference is obvious. That doesn't mean the UK is immune. It means that obtaining and using a firearm is more difficult in the UK.

If you count murders alone the UK is much safer than the US. Anything else? It depends how each country compiles its statistics.

Back