trump to dirty industries' CEOs: spend $1B to return me to the Whitehouse and i'll roll back Biden's environmental protections

butters

High on a Hill
when the CEOs were whining at m-al to trump that they spent $400m lobbying the Biden admin to no avail, trump told them (and i paraphrase) to buy him the Whitehouse in '24 for the quid pro quo of him overturning and stifling environmental protections they are bitching about.

Trump’s response stunned several of the executives in the room overlooking the ocean: You all are wealthy enough, he said, that you should raise $1 billion to return me to the White House. At the dinner, he vowed to immediately reverse dozens of President Biden’s environmental rules and policies and stop new ones from being enacted, according to people with knowledge of the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation.

Giving $1 billion would be a “deal,” Trump said, because of the taxation and regulation they would avoid thanks to him, according to the people.

Trump’s remarkably blunt and transactional pitch reveals how the former president is targeting the oil industry to finance his reelection bid. At the same time, he has turned to the industry to help shape his environmental agenda for a second term, including the rollbacks of some of Biden’s signature achievements on clean energy and electric vehicles.

Trump told the executives that he would start auctioning off more leases for oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, a priority that several of the executives raised. He railed against wind power, as The Post previously reported. And he said he would reverse the restrictions on drilling in the Alaskan Arctic.

“You’ve been waiting on a permit for five years; you’ll get it on Day 1,”
Trump told the executives, according to the recollection of the attendee.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...&cvid=edb4b7d29b8a44eb94e8a3e2f9e90efc&ei=102

Biden needs to pound this hard!!

Who the fuck trusts big oil ????

I wonder what he told Poland's President he'd give them if they'd help

Good news.
I realize that change is scary to aging geriatrics such as yourself, but change is inevitable.
Remember how you thought the end of the world was coming when they introduced unleaded gas?
And how houses would collapse if they took the lead out of paint?

I realize that change is scary to aging geriatrics such as yourself, but change is inevitable.
Remember how you thought the end of the world was coming when they introduced unleaded gas?
And how houses would collapse if they took the lead out of paint?
Aging can also be very liberating, but only if you don’t bring the scariness on. That said plenty here choose to allow themselves to be scared, constantly watching fox and their elk sure as hell isn’t good for the intellect and for preparing oneself for new challenges.

when the CEOs were whining at m-al to trump that they spent $400m lobbying the Biden admin to no avail, trump told them (and i paraphrase) to buy him the Whitehouse in '24 for the quid pro quo of him overturning and stifling environmental protections they are bitching about.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...&cvid=edb4b7d29b8a44eb94e8a3e2f9e90efc&ei=102
Degrading the environment for all those years wasn’t enough, now the dirty money is to be used to further degrade the body politic. It does seem strange to attempt to drain a swamp by wallowing in it.

The same crowd is getting the nod at the various unelected, unaccountable, agencies. The "best and brightest" that brought us the reg. that CO2 was a pollutant. These people have NEVER done anything worthy of mention in their entire lives. They seem to think that their food comes from replicators in the back of the store, and their energy can be all produced with solar and wind without any consequences. They have absolutely no idea as to what the consequences of their silly ass regulations are because they don't have to live with them.

The same crowd is getting the nod at the various unelected, unaccountable, agencies. The "best and brightest" that brought us the reg. that CO2 was a pollutant. These people have NEVER done anything worthy of mention in their entire lives. They seem to think that their food comes from replicators in the back of the store, and their energy can be all produced with solar and wind without any consequences. They have absolutely no idea as to what the consequences of their silly ass regulations are because they don't have to live with them.

🙄

DRAIN. THE. SWAMP!!!

👍

👉 Chobby 🤣

🇺🇸

Here on the left is the "dirty industry" propaganda while the left shuffles their pollution off into the 3rd world

This shouldn't be a surprise: Overall, worldwide, most of the plastic trash in the ocean comes from Asia. In fact, the top six countries for ocean garbage are China, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Thailand, according to a 2015 study in the journal Science.

Well now......what is "the cost" involved with the lefts fascination for cheap Chinese plastic?

Well now......what is "the cost" involved with the lefts fascination for cheap Chinese plastic?
Probably less than "the cost" involved with the rights fascination for cheap Chinese plastic.

“What’s OK is the way donations are supposed to work, which is people give money to elect politicians who agree with them on policy positions,” said Jordan Libowitz, vice president for communications at Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. “What’s much less OK is a candidate essentially saying, ‘My policy positions are for sale. My acts in office are for sale. And here’s what it would cost you to buy my actions.’”
https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/trump-oil-executives-meeting-billion-rcna151576

Trump already has a track record of gutting environmental regulations, championing fossil fuels and pulling the U.S. out of climate agreements. If he’d said he believes regulations are bad and renewable energy is overhyped and that he hoped those who agreed would donate to his campaign, then he’d be operating within the normal parameters of courting donors.

But the Post’s report suggests Trump flipped around the ask, proposing instead that a specific amount of money could ensure that he would take specific action.

Back