True Derp

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
derp- has no basis in truth, reality, or fact

"His (President Obama's) mother must have been a Muslim," said Graham. "We don't know that, but she married two Muslim men, so there must have been something there."

-President and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Rev. Franklin Graham

Ann Dunham, President Obama's mother-

"I drove across the Flint Hills of Kansas to the former oil boomtowns where her parents grew up during the Depression.

"I spent many weeks in Hawaii, where she became pregnant at seventeen, married at eighteen, divorced and remarrried at twenty-two.

"I traveled twice to Indonesia, where she brought her son, at six, and from whence she sent him back, alone, at age ten, to her parents in Hawaii."

"I visited dusty villages in Java where, as a young anthropologist, she did fieldwork for her Ph.D. dissertation, on peasant blacksmithing."

" I met with bankers in glass towers in Jakarta where, nearly two decades before Muhammad Yunus and Grameen Bank shared the Nobel Peace Prize for their work with microcredit.(Anne) Dunham worked on the largest self-sustaining commercial microfinance program in the world."

"I combed through tattered field notebooks, boxes of personal and professional papers, letters to friends, photo albums, the archives of the Ford Foundation in Midtown Manhattan, and the thousand-page thesis that took Dunham fifteen years to complete."

"I interviewed nearly two hundred colleagues, friends, professors, employers, acquaintances, and relatives, including her two children. Without their generosity, I could not have written this book."

To describe Dunham as a white woman from Kansas is about as illuminating as describing her son as a politician who likes golf. Intentionally or not, the label obscures an extraordinary story—of a girl with a boy's name who grew up in the years before the civil rights movement, the women's movement, the Vietnam War, and the Pill; who married an African at a time when nearly two dozen states still had laws against interracial marriage; who, at age twenty*-four, moved to Jakarta with her son in the waning days of an anti-communist bloodbath in which hundreds of thousands of Indonesians are believed to have been slaughtered; who lived more than half of her adult life in a place barely known to most Americans, in an ancient and complex culture, in a country with the largest Muslim population in the world; who spent years working in villages where an unmarried, Western woman was a rarity; who immersed herself in the study of a sacred craft long practiced exclusively by men; who, as a working and mostly single mother, brought up two biracial children; who adored her children and believed her son in particular had the potential to be great; who raised him to be, as he has put it jokingly, a combination of Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi, and Harry Belafonte, then died at fifty-two, never knowing who or what he (President Obama) would become.

Had she lived, Dunham would have been sixty-six years old on January 20, 2009, when Barack Obama was sworn in as the forty*fourth president of the United States.

From A Singular Woman: The Untold Story of Barack Obama's Mother
-Janny Scott

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/03/135840068/the-singular-woman-who-raised-barack-obama

I could not believe that Ted Cruz would not have enough compassion in his heart, to stop the derp, and take pity on a three year old girl.

I had to see Ted Cruz say this cruel and heartless statement, with my own eyes.

Watch: Ted Cruz Scares Little Girl: ‘Your World Is on Fire’- on YouTube.

He could have been kind, and stopped his snake oil speech.

He did not. Instead, he affirmed her fear and told her that, yes, the world was on fire.

He rolled his ambition over a young child's mind. Collateral damage, in the Koch funded war against democracy.

Washington Post could not quote Ted Cruz's last statement- was it too oily, and too creepy, even for them ?

"At one point, Cruz spoke about the "Obama-Clinton foreign policy of leading from behind," and said the world is on fire. A young girl in the crowd immediately said aloud, "The world is on fire?" Cruz looked at the girl, Julie Trant, 3, who was sitting with her mother, Michelle. "Yes, the world is on fire," Cruz said. "Your world is on fire."

Last statement in quote-

"But your mommy’s here, and everyone’s here to make sure that the world you grow up in is even better."

How does that make up for not consoling or reassuring a child, that the world is not really on fire ?

I could not believe that Ted Cruz would not have enough compassion in his heart, to stop the derp, and take pity on a three year old girl.

I had to see Ted Cruz say this cruel and heartless statement, with my own eyes.

Watch: Ted Cruz Scares Little Girl: ‘Your World Is on Fire’- on YouTube.

He could have been kind, and stopped his snake oil speech.

He did not. Instead, he affirmed her fear and told her that, yes, the world was on fire.

He rolled his ambition over a young child's mind. Collateral damage, in the Koch funded war against democracy.

Washington Post could not quote Ted Cruz's last statement- was it too oily, and too creepy, even for them ?

"At one point, Cruz spoke about the "Obama-Clinton foreign policy of leading from behind," and said the world is on fire. A young girl in the crowd immediately said aloud, "The world is on fire?" Cruz looked at the girl, Julie Trant, 3, who was sitting with her mother, Michelle. "Yes, the world is on fire," Cruz said. "Your world is on fire."

Last statement in quote-

"But your mommy’s here, and everyone’s here to make sure that the world you grow up in is even better."

How does that make up for not consoling or reassuring a child, that the world is not really on fire ?
Sounds like he's acknowledging global warming.

Back