Time to shutter this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a good place for "staff picks" like they do in bookstores and used to do in video rental stores. Somebody with some authority and trust will select a story and put it up for discussion. If sufficient people have sufficient respect for the staffer doing the picking, they will read the story and a discussion can ensue. Just letting people self-nominate their own work results in a lot of junk that is unlikely to inspire a lot of readership.

Where to post for roadblock help?

I clicked on this forum because I'm writing a story, and I've hit a snag where I don't know where to go forward. I was looking to post a very brief discussion of the problem, and solicit ideas. There's an interesting discussion going on about what this thread was for and if Story Discussion Circle should be folded into Story Feedback. It seems like Story Feedback is mostly for discussing complete stories, but I suppose I could post my question there. Is that what people would expect?

I clicked on this forum because I'm writing a story, and I've hit a snag where I don't know where to go forward. I was looking to post a very brief discussion of the problem, and solicit ideas. There's an interesting discussion going on about what this thread was for and if Story Discussion Circle should be folded into Story Feedback. It seems like Story Feedback is mostly for discussing complete stories, but I suppose I could post my question there. Is that what people would expect?

This forum is for published stories. You might have better luck in the Author's Hangout, which is for discussing the craft of writing. If you need help with ideas, then go to the forum called Story Ideas.

If you're ever stuck in a creative writing class, they love doing "workshop" or "circle" method. Everyone reads their stuff, and then the group critiques it.

This has only seemed worth half a crap to me when the group is basically positive, but also experienced. That is, they can tell a writer where to look to improve without doing the usual social media style snide critique.

I could see the value of a sub with a culture like that.

We're nearing six full months of no activity here. Should SDC be shut down?

I'm serious when I type this, what would you like to see discussed and posted to this forum? What would you like to see discussed?

Fold the Thread

Six months? No response? And you have to think seriously about asking if it should be kept on a ventilator?

Time to declutter and open a new window somewhere to let the stale air out and something fresh in to replace it.

My thoughts, anyway.

Move along ... Move along ... Move ...

dmallord;)

The lack of traffic in the SDC has been discussed with the site owners. We'll have to wait and see what their plans are for it.

Why would you want to shut it down. I think it is up to us to use it as it is our website.

What is the practical difference between the "Story Discussion" and "Story Feedback" forums?

Story Discussion Circle

Guided author criticism of specific stories.

Story Feedback

Post your feedback about Literotica stories you love or hate!

There seems to be a lot of overlap here and that may be why this forum is so quiet. Is it only that people with a published story are supposed to use this forum, and everyone else is supposed to use the other forum? Or something else?

Maybe it's not as active as it used to be, but it could still be useful in the long run.
You'll never know when you may need this SDC forum yourself.

Also, there's plenty of old posts here you can check out that could be interesting to read.
So they might as well keep it for anyone who's interested in checking these old posts and maybe learn something from them.

At first I thought: what the hell, the section is quite active. But then I realized that I went to the "discussion circle" instead of "Story Ideas". lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back